Reviews for Time to Spare
Lady Bridge chapter 8 . 8/28/2005
oh wow i didn't realize you are rewriting this story to incorporate the HBP...more interesting this way though. _
SierraAccent chapter 8 . 8/28/2005
Hey, I just came across this and I love it. I'm adding it to my faves list and I'll be looking for updates. This is a really original take on the time-travel stories and perhaps one of the best written I've ever read (and I've read a lot).

Keep up the fabolous work.
totallystellar chapter 8 . 8/27/2005
ACK! NO! Please don't let this be one of the Snape is Harry's father stories! Because I quote from Harry's Dementor: “Not Harry, please not Harry!”

“Kill the spare.”

“Harry no! He’s gone, Harry. He’s d–”

“Severus...please…”

“Lily, take Harry and go!”

Oh, wait wait wait! I jump to conclusions. I assumed that Lily was the one saying "Severus...please..." instead of "James...please..." as in "please help me" but she may well have just been pleading with Snape not to kill Harry or something... I'm sorry... rambling rambling...

Well! If there's ever romance down the line Harry/Ginny is canon/the total way to go... but there seems very little reason for that to be in the story or a viable reason to work it in, so story sans H/G is good. Again very thankful for non-slash Harry and Draco friendship. _

Ack. Well I like this story lots and like where it's going. Is there a likelihood that we'll soon see present-day Harry/Aries and Draco/Charles talk to present-day Snape about the whole thing? Interesting.

You're on my allertss. _
totallystellar chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Great fic! Totally love the beginning and nonslash friendships between Draco and Harry are awesome and hard to come by. _
jbfritz chapter 8 . 8/27/2005
Great story! Please post more soon!
silrayn silverwolf chapter 8 . 8/26/2005
I like this, it seems a bit better than "Time for Me" but I liked that too. More please - a. By the way, I rec'ed "Me Myself and I" in a board I frequented. I like your writing!
Meggplant chapter 8 . 8/26/2005
OHMYGOD!1121! i love it, i truly do. usually the time travel stories are really cliched and overdone... but this! i'm so impressed! i love that Draco got pulled along for the ride. and i also love that Harry's become the outcast, rather than the 'oh my god he's the greatest guy ever even though he showed up mysteriously on the quidditch pitch mid-game' kind of guy that most people turn him into. you really are as true to the character that i picture Harry being as you can be. cheers! i can't wait for the next chapter - this is of course going onto my faves list. *grins*

cheers,

xoxox
taketwotheyresmall chapter 4 . 8/26/2005
Started out reading the original version and just noticed you're updating it to be HBP compliant. Really enjoying the extra pieces so far. You said to mention if we noticed any HBP inconsistancies and there was one in this chapter. You still have the Quidditch ban in place, but that was lifted in HBP. Obviously this doesn't matter that much to your plot, but I thought I'd mention it. Keep up the good work!
AngelFYI13 chapter 8 . 8/25/2005
Its brilliant. He gets to be an apprentice, cool. Update soon.
Kaaera chapter 8 . 8/25/2005
I think we're finally at a new chapter-hence my review. (I've just kind of been skimming the previous 'new' ones in order to see differences from the original, so I haven't really reviewed because a) I reviewed the old ones and b) they're not really that different and I didn't really read them.) D Anyway, great job as always, I liked the last paragraph, with Harry being kind of oblivious. _ Keep up the great work, looking forward to more!
Arkeus chapter 8 . 8/25/2005
hum... liked it :-)

though i wonder how harry can like severus with what he has done to dumbledore (i agree that it *may* have been a plan, but harry doesn't). So let's see what happens :-)
Zaptor chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
Interesting story. The plot and characters are original enough to gain my attention and the lack of horrible grammar and spelling mistakes doesn't make me want to stop reading. Hopefully you'll keep a fairly consistent update rate. I'll be following the rest of the story.
nljfs chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
I love the Masters bit! I don't remember this from the first version, so I'm glad it's here.

Poor James, outdone by his son and never knowing it. (I assume) I think that Sev could have gone for the Spell Smith also. This is a good lead in for Harry's new career!

Great idea!

nancy in chicago
nljfs chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Emerson...

I'm having some real logistical problems wtih this story... maybe I beta too much... but - here goes...

1) Does Draco realize the names he's picking out are his DADA teacher (by owl) and a DE? I could see the former, just because he's smart enough to realize that someone wanted him there EXACTLY at 10:13, not 10:10 or 10:15...

but why Aries? One of Voldemort's men... and I would guess that if Aries was that high up in the circle, that trusted, as you make him out to be, that Lucius would have mentioned him... And if he's Snape's good friend, then Draco may have heard of him from there. (of course, this is on the Snapegodfather theory... I don't know if you subscribe to it, I don't think it is cannon).

2)You never explain the forgetfulness Ward... is that so Harry/Aries can go back to being in LV's ranks? but if that is the case, why is Snape not a part of it? Was that the spell that was done behind his back? Will you ever explain them?

3) I take it that Lucius meets Higgins more than once in the tale, I hope to see more of them.

4)Will you explain how Minerva knew that Harry & Draco were Aries and Charles? I know that she was told of the planned attack - (how did Draco know that they'd be there, since he tells everyone that Higgins told him to be there at 10:13?) - but who told her? and did they mention H & D?

5)They open the castle doors, run into 3 people (Ron, Herm & Minerva) and then just plunk down and start talking? As it is after curfew, hopefully not too many more people will show up. But still, having Draco Malfoy chatting it up with Potter, Weasley and Granger in the front hall for all the world to hear doesn't make much sense, woudln't going to Minerva's office be better? Or Higgin's office, as he has hot tea awaiting them.

6) WHY are Ron and Hermione out with the invisibility cloak? Were they snogging? Were they looking for Harry?

Too bad I didn't do this little nit-picking session before you changed it to Time to Spare...

nancy in chicago