|Reviews for Time to Spare|
| Tensleep chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
I liked that one! It was well worth the wait. This chapter was interesting, what with Master Tobin turning out to be curious and the Marauders taking an interest in Aries the cat. Aries' own reactions to these events really made the chapter great and I really am looking forward to reading more of this! Keep up the excellent work!
See ya in the funny papers!
| insanechildfanfic chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
this is great
| Meggplant chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
we don't care how long it takes you to post a chapter, as long as you keep updating!
i love it. i love Harry, i love his animagus form, i love that he's uncomfortable lying... i just love all of it. and taking a swipe at Peter! hilarious, just priceless.
can't wait for more!
| nljfs chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
I love this story... I'm glad you updated it. Here's a bunch of thoughts... some silly random stuff that pops up when I read this, although I KNOW that it's not where you are taking the story ... and some, regular reactions/questions. I hope it helps.
1) Sev appears to be very good with creating spells & using his wand in HBP - so, a few chapters back, when he wasn't as good at charms as Charles or Aries it didn't make sense. I also wondered why he didn't try out for spellsmith apprenticeship as well as Potions. The only way not to, would have been if there was a rule of trying out for only one & if so, Lily broke it by trying for both Potions Masters.
2) I like the story in the now/past very much, so as long as the plot and characterisation is interesting (or we learn about something for the future), I don't care if it's 100 chapters to the "present" ... although I am VERY curious about Snape's reaction to his schoolhood best friend and his nemisis of the past 6 years being the same person!
3) I loved the fact that Harry got the apprenticeship on his being 'respectful' (thank the Dursley's) and that Tobin was curious about his glamour... Not on his superior magic or skills!
4) I wonder if Tobin was in Slytherin? If he went to Hogwarts. But I digress. I'd assumed that Aries would end up as a DE because Sev would follow his brother & Aries would decide that learning about how LV works from the inside would help with finding the Horcruxes... now I wonder, with the cruel way that Tobin was going to use him - find out his secrets (e.g. gain his trust) for his own reasons - and then dump him. That sounds like something someone who would join Voldemort would do. Of course, being nasty and being a DE are not necessarily joined at the hip.
5)I love all the uses that Occlumency has, beyond shielding the mind from Legilimancy... very, very useful in the future, if I'm not mistaken.
6) Will Harry, at some point, decide that his blood in Voldemort is actually crucial to LV's defeat? If so why? I'm thinking back to that twinkle in Dumbledore's eye at the end of GoF. Also, could Aries be the one to suggest that it be Harry's blood and only Harry's blood for the resurrection? Were there other DE's there, other than wormtail? I don't remember.
6) So, since he's working so hard at an impenentrable disguise - does someone else - perhaps a dormmate - see through his or Charles' disguise? I can see a lot of fun scenarios there - and a memory charm to erase the memory later... Ponders, on a related point, if someone, like James, decided that the cat was an animagus & forced him out of it & his glamors too... try out a story by Lychee called Everybody wants to be a cat on hpfandom . com for a hysterical version of this with Snape outing Harry the cat.
Hope this review wasn't too long. If you need a beta, let me know (I can see Elssha and Marietsy yelling that I'm not fast enough to take on a 3rd author though!)
nancy in chicago
| anonymous chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
| Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
very, very good. If it continue like this I really don't care how long it will take.
| Machiavelli Jr chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
Aren't you? Shame, hundreds moer this good would be nice. Poor Ariel/Harry, it's not really his day is it? His Master knows there's something up, he's going to end up with a daft nickname and the Marauders haven't improved one bit. Still, all to the good and it shuold be funny when 'the cat' is finally figured out. Poor Wormtail too. KUTGW.
| Hugo Hugo chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
there wasn't a lot of info in there really, but still hooked anyway, so keep the LONG chappies comming this way.
| God-Damned chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
i like it
| chessvain chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
great as always, in fact this is my second favorite fic I have ever read. any ways keep up the good work.
| Siri Kat chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
Good chapter, worth the wait. I loove Harry's sessions with Tobalt!
| LassyD chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
I like the chapter but I do have a nagging question, what did Tobin think of Harry's near Cardiac arrest upon finding out that he could see through the glamour. I mean if he was up to notice anything, that would be a big thing.
| Wraith chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
Love it, keep going.
| Lokidar chapter 9 . 10/4/2005
This is good, really. keep up the good updating. i like this story better than your other one . Very good job
| E.A.V chapter 10 . 10/4/2005
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!