Reviews for Time to Spare
nljfs chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
I love the Masters bit! I don't remember this from the first version, so I'm glad it's here.

Poor James, outdone by his son and never knowing it. (I assume) I think that Sev could have gone for the Spell Smith also. This is a good lead in for Harry's new career!

Great idea!

nancy in chicago
nljfs chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Emerson...

I'm having some real logistical problems wtih this story... maybe I beta too much... but - here goes...

1) Does Draco realize the names he's picking out are his DADA teacher (by owl) and a DE? I could see the former, just because he's smart enough to realize that someone wanted him there EXACTLY at 10:13, not 10:10 or 10:15...

but why Aries? One of Voldemort's men... and I would guess that if Aries was that high up in the circle, that trusted, as you make him out to be, that Lucius would have mentioned him... And if he's Snape's good friend, then Draco may have heard of him from there. (of course, this is on the Snapegodfather theory... I don't know if you subscribe to it, I don't think it is cannon).

2)You never explain the forgetfulness Ward... is that so Harry/Aries can go back to being in LV's ranks? but if that is the case, why is Snape not a part of it? Was that the spell that was done behind his back? Will you ever explain them?

3) I take it that Lucius meets Higgins more than once in the tale, I hope to see more of them.

4)Will you explain how Minerva knew that Harry & Draco were Aries and Charles? I know that she was told of the planned attack - (how did Draco know that they'd be there, since he tells everyone that Higgins told him to be there at 10:13?) - but who told her? and did they mention H & D?

5)They open the castle doors, run into 3 people (Ron, Herm & Minerva) and then just plunk down and start talking? As it is after curfew, hopefully not too many more people will show up. But still, having Draco Malfoy chatting it up with Potter, Weasley and Granger in the front hall for all the world to hear doesn't make much sense, woudln't going to Minerva's office be better? Or Higgin's office, as he has hot tea awaiting them.

6) WHY are Ron and Hermione out with the invisibility cloak? Were they snogging? Were they looking for Harry?

Too bad I didn't do this little nit-picking session before you changed it to Time to Spare...

nancy in chicago
Siri Kat chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
Yay! Harry gest tobe a spellsmith, not James! ::dances::
polabear chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
oh very good~~ i like the apprenticeship idea, and really loved that nasty spell aries used~~ update soon~~
NephyRiddle chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
Oh! Some new story stuff! Sev's thoughts on Muggles gives him a pretty good explenation on how he became a DE. And the Apprenticeship thing...Very awesome...Anyhow, update soon!
M. Newman chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
I really like the "Masters" idea. James Potter is so arrogant! I bet he'll be even more mad at Aries/Harry when A/H gets the spot instead of him. *sniff sniff* I smell drama!

yours (but very dramatically so),

ak
Yami no Kaze chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
yeah, i like this new version better than your old one and on with the story please.
MysticSong1978 chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
Fantastic!
pandas rule the world chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
Brilliant. Great story, can't wait to read the next chapter! Luv JoeyX
Machiavelli Jr chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
This is still damn good, keep updating. Faramir? Has Harry read LOTR or am I missing something? Maybe a bit too easy to get Severus to talk, OTOH there's no canon of him with friends so you're free to pick whatever you like. No worries as long as you update soon.
hpfan550 chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
love it
insanechildfanfic chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
this is great. I love it.
japanese-jew chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
ah, this is more interesting. Update when you can.
Len87 chapter 8 . 8/24/2005
I think this is great keep going

*jumpes up and down like an inpatiant child.*
azntgr01 chapter 8 . 8/24/2005