Reviews for The Heads of One Thousand Goblins: A Love Story
LitteTownTown chapter 1 . 8/30
EXCELLENT
Memory25 chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
I am in love with this dwarf. OMG. This is practically one of the few times I don't even care it wasn't the slash I expected. And it was BETTER FOR IT. XDD
The M.H.T.of R chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
That was lovely. Thank you for writing it.

Kudos!

Tsarina
madamezou chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
This was truly beautiful.
Thank you for writing it: you don't find a well written Gimli every day :)
Neleothesze chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
I really liked how you picked situations that showed just the right glimpses of Wiri's character. It felt like every setting/event was described in just enough detail to keep the story moving and focus on the action without overwhelming the reader with unnecessary descriptions. It was a really nice read.

Neleo
Hatheny Lurey Dralaw chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was ADORABLE! Really well written too, with such a sweet ending! One of the best LOTR fics I've ever read, seriously, this warmed my heart. A
Helga Vansdottir chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I like it, even though I think Gimli actually went over the sea with Legolas. Gimli is one of my favorite characters as well, and I love seeing him re-gain his dignity.
Harpokrates chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Wiri may be the greatest dwarf OC I have ever seen. I love the idea, the look into dwarvish courting (I guess that's what it is), everything. Your portrayal of book Gimli is awesome. But more on Wiri. She is awesome. I completely did not expect that she was indeed female, so kudos on having a twist to rival that of Witness for the Prosecution. I like that you didn't skimp out and make her a wimp, but instead gave her utter and complete, pardon my language, badassery. The language of the fic is great. It reads like a Tolkien, only with less singing. All in all, this is a spectacular fic.
zabchan chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
i cant stop saying 'awwwwwwwww'! so adorable! reminds me a bit of the discworld dwarves, who regard their gender as a dark secret and always use the male pronoun. the best OC I've read in a long time! and the writing style was spot on for tolkien, had an almost lyrical quality to it.
BillyTheMadHatter chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Wow. I... Oh, dear. I really don't know what to say. Except that this has to be the best love story I've read in ages. That is all.
DoomKnight1of24 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Very, very beautiful. And very Tolkien, too. You've won a fan tonight, my friend.
H Bregalad chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
silver chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Somehow, I think that your Wiri is exactly what dwarf women can be said to be like- even if she's more thoughtful than dwarven wont, her fierce quest to do something Gimli would find impressive reminds me of the description of dwarf women in the Appendix- one of the best love stories ever, for the sheer dwarf-ness of it. Simply excellent!
OldMan39 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Amazing job with this story - much as I enjoyed the comical version of Gimli in the films, I couldn't help missing the version from the books. I suppose I felt that the dwarves were short-changed in the movie, as it didn't delve much into their history or culture. Your story is intriguing and gives the dwarves that sense of dignity that was sadly absent in the films. Bravo, and thanks for writing.
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
...THE best fanfiction I've ever read.