Reviews for Darkness Calls
N3ko8 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Sorry I just had to comment on Kali's style... The 80s were all about rock for the younger cooler generation. Kali's outfit in the flash back seems more twenty first century-ish. I think the goth look is awesome but I highly doubt it was much in fashion during the 80s... But nice story so far. Kali makes me think of Raven Madison of vampire kisses.
Queen Serenity chapter 18 . 4/14/2012
Just a thought, unless this is intentional: It's a little confusing having someone called Michael when the fandom you're writing for had one.
patriotgirl101 chapter 18 . 7/31/2009
This story is fabulous...really like the cliffy at the end. Please write more!
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
She was reminiscing with Donna about their school days, Donna retelling the story of how they’d met when Kali first started at Halliwell High.

Kali looked at her watch. The bell for lunch should be going any minute. She was starving, yet not eager to go outside. What was the point? So she could sit by herself and have the popular crowd make fun of her. Usually, it was just Callie Matheson. The other girls laughed along and said nothing. Kali had only been at Halliwell High for two weeks and already she hated it. Why had her parents wanted to move to San Jose anyway? Kali knew the answer to that but she had been so happy in Los Angeles and resented them for making her move. Her father’s work had offered an employee the option to transfer to San Jose and her father had taken it, as he and her mother had wanted a change in environment. What about her? Did they even care that she hadn’t wanted to move? Now, within a week, she had become the target of taunts. Kali was an attractive girl, yet not in the blonde, blue-eyed California girl way. She had beautiful long black hair, piercing green eyes and a slender body. She was very fair skinned, which was often the fuel that the girls would use to pick on her with, giving her names like “Goth Chic” and “Death Girl”. Kali was also very alternative in her fashion sense. For example, today she had worn black hipster pants with a silver-studded black belt, black high-heeled boots, a punk-style black and red tank top that had safety pins down the sides and had tied her mane of hair into a ponytail. Her wrists and fingers were adorned with gothic bracelets and rings and she wore a black velvet choker with a large metallic red pendant around her neck. Kali rode her motorbike to school, which too had initiated taunts. She understood why they teased her. She was different and they obviously didn’t like it but she wasn’t going to conform to their standards.

Venturing outside, Kali headed towards the grassy area so she could sit quietly under a tree and not be harassed by anyone.

“Hey Death Girl?”

Kali stopped and looked witheringly in the direction of the voice. Or not. Callie Matheson had other ideas, beckoning Kali to her table. Against her better judgement, Kali walked over to her, gripping her satchel for support. Callie gave her the once over.

“Love the get up!” she sneered.

“What do you want Callie?”

“Well, it’s like this…um…?” Callie looked to the heavens, as though she had forgotten Kali’s name. Kali gave her a sickly sweet smile.

“Kali.”

“Oh yeah, of course. Kali,” she said mockingly. “Name doesn’t really suit someone of your…type.”

Kali glared at Callie. The other girls snickered. Kali had had enough. She was stupid to have even walked over in the first place.

“Do you have something you want to say Hitler or can I be dismissed?”

Snorts erupted from the girls at the table. The girl sitting across from Callie spoke then.

“Hey Callie, wanna bite of my donut?”

“Yeah sure.”

The girl held out her donut as Callie opened her mouth to take a bite. To Kali’s utter shock, the girl then proceeded to ram her half eaten donut into Callie’s mouth. Kali snorted and giggled, looking over at the girl in astonishment. The girl smiled warmly back at her. Callie’s eyes grew wide, her arms flapping around in distress as she spat out the donut. The girl grabbed Kali’s arm and walked off with her to the other side of the campus

“You bitch!” Callie screamed after her.

The girl and Kali turned around and smirked, then continued walking. The girl pulled her down onto a vacant grassy spot and introduced herself.

“I’m sorry she gave you such a hard time. She is such a bitch. She’s just one of those people who gets thrills out of hurting other people and watching them squirm, you know. I don’t like that. You handled her really well though. I loved the Hitler comment! Thanks for giving me a perfect reason to tell her where to stick it. I’d had it up to here with her. I’m Donna by the way.I” Kali stared at her, wondering if she was going to come up for air. The two looked at each other for a moment, before breaking into hysterical giggles.

Snorts of laughter erupted from Kali and Donna.

“God, that was the funniest day wasn’t it? Callie got her just desserts!”

“Yeah, I wonder what happened to her.”

“She probably died of shock after the prom. Remember, she was expecting you to turn up in some weird and wonderful outfit? Instead, you went in soft black silk and looked so beautiful.”

Kali smiled, remembering that night. It had been a big change for her. She had worn a long black silk skirt that sat on her hips and showed off her belly ring and a black silk strapless, backless top that had a small tie at the back. Her shoes were black with diamante straps that wrapped around her ankles. To accessorise, she had worn a thick black beaded choker and matching bracelet with small dangly silver earrings. Her hair had been piled loosely on her head with bits dangling at the back and a long loose bit down the side of her face. It was the probably the one and only time she had ever dressed that way. Boy, had she turned heads that night. People barely recognised her, including Callie.

Brilliant! I think Callie Matheson is a great character for any story for any movie, TV show and book, not just the film The Lost Boys.

Keep up your awesome writing!
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 18 . 12/6/2008
As she grabbed a drink off a passing tray, Kali raised the glass to her lips to take a sip. She’d barely swallowed any when a familiar set of eyes swam into view, looking almost soullessly at her. Slowly, Kali lowered her glass, not believing what she saw. It wasn’t possible. There was no way…

The figure approached her in slow, purposeful steps, a smug grin on its face. If it weren’t for her unconscious immortal strength, Kali would’ve dropped her glass, though she knew that was the last thing she wanted – to draw any more attention to herself right now.

Soon, the figure was standing right in front of her. Every inch of her told her to run or to at least do something, but there she stood, frozen to the spot. Kali swallowed hard, wondering why she was afraid. She was immortal and had the strength of one to boot, though she knew it wasn’t a matter of strength. It was sheer amazement…or was that horror?

The figure raised an eyebrow at her, still smug and ran the back of its hand down her cheek, knowing it would affect her – was affecting her. Kali flinched at the cool touch, though she knew it wasn’t the temperature alone that made her jump.

“We meet again,” the figure said coolly, a hint of acidity in the words.

Kali swallowed again. “Hello, Michael,” she said softly, eventually finding her voice.

Brilliant! I wonder how Kali's going to react when she sees Michael's "game" face...

Keep up your awesome writing!
Kalli-Amazing chapter 18 . 12/5/2008
Wow, I really love how this is turning out. I think it's even greater that your oc almost has my name haha! Now that this Michael's in the picture, I'm really curios as to what's going to happen. I wish you the best of luck in your writing endeavours. Good Job!
sammy-darkestar chapter 18 . 12/5/2008
do you realize how excited I was when I saw you finally updated and I absolutely loved the story at the time I was reading it.

Now you have left me on edge and I hate it!

Please update soon and promise me that you will eventually end the story and not just leave it behind becuase its very enjoyable.

I love the tension and mixed relationships with david and dwyane.

so please update soon

keep it up cause im loving it :D
NaughtButAMuse chapter 17 . 12/1/2008
Oh I love it. The whole series is great with descriptions. You should write more...please D
AdriannaLili chapter 17 . 8/13/2008
wow taht was great. no offence to Dwayne but kali needs to stay with David. He was there for her though everything.

Alyx
Xxwolfy-chanxX chapter 17 . 7/22/2008
awesome please update soon!
Xxwolfy-chanxX chapter 6 . 7/22/2008
loved that chapter!the ending was awesome!
Tusk Of Thyme chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Bauer XD
sammy-darkestar chapter 17 . 11/26/2007
hey

i absolutely loved your story, 'darkness calls' i full got so addicted! and now you have me waiting impaitently to find out what happens next to Kali!

Each Chapter is great and I have absolutely have fallen in love with the series

I xcan't wait until you update!

Please do as soon as you can because you are killing me!

Keep up with the great writing!

Sammy

p.s isnt The Lost Boys a great movie?
Azura Soul Reaver chapter 17 . 8/9/2007
That was great! I can't wait til you update!
RoyalPurpleDragon chapter 17 . 3/21/2007
O...It's taking so long that i'm just so excited when a new chapter comes...please finish!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »