Reviews for Walking With Achilles
ObsessedRomantic chapter 20 . 4/15/2006
Well, Like I said, after this leap, leaping into a young athletic militarily trained and heavily armed man in his mid twenties will be just what Sam needs.

Nice job on this one. your story has been archived to my personal files

Warmest regards, Joanne Ellen Faulkner Faulkner, Sergeant First Class, United States Army. Retired
ObsessedRomantic chapter 19 . 4/15/2006
Congradulations, Madame, you have acchieved three goals

1) you made me care very deeply about the primary charecter, as well as the woman he leapt into.

2) you made me follow the story closly and avidly enough to the point that I was unable to stop reading unil I had finished the story.

3) you caused me to avidly search out your other work to get more of the same

You are an Evocative, proficient and provacative author and at this point I honestly wonder why you don't write original fiction for money.

ObsessedRomantic chapter 18 . 4/15/2006
BOy, HOwdy, This is getting good. I can practically hear the upswing of the show's incedental music. This is about when they'de cut to commercial anyway.

ObsessedRomantic chapter 17 . 4/15/2006
Derek'a about to find out that when you kill a cop the rest of the "Blue crew" comes after you in a way that makes Elmer Fudd look like a Dilletent.

ObsessedRomantic chapter 16 . 4/14/2006
You write the Details of Tommie's trauma disturbingly well, some of it was tough to read given that I could imagine it happening live and in color You're a very evocative and poigniant writer.

Regards Joanne
ObsessedRomantic chapter 15 . 4/14/2006
ANd now the two legged roach is a cop killer. Perfect, it's icing on the cake (Avidly shoving popcorn into my face and thinking, "Best QL fic ever" crunch crunch)

ObsessedRomantic chapter 14 . 4/14/2006
The plot thickens. I can feel the fear and aprehension in sam myself, Derek is one scary motherscratcher.

ObsessedRomantic chapter 13 . 4/14/2006
The Nutcake can hear al, beautiful yay super duper, throw a parade. now the fun really starts.

ANyway this story gets you into the KSA society, because you have written a very good story involving Kicking Sam's Ass.

Regards, Joanne
ObsessedRomantic chapter 12 . 4/14/2006
I like the flashback to little Al, and the Present day vignette was great, for my money they never did enough of those. anyway about now I'v started downloading this for hardcopy so's I can have it in my collection.

Regards, Joanne

PS the Italian was a nice touch
ObsessedRomantic chapter 11 . 4/14/2006
Good juxtaposition here, Mercy for a scumbag. that Hipcratic Oath is a mother. but I think it's also Tommie wanting to comfort her husband never mind the fact that he's a talking pile of pig feces.

ObsessedRomantic chapter 10 . 4/14/2006
Showdown in the kitchen and score one for our boy. just like downtown Sam shows his steel, Beautiful

ObsessedRomantic chapter 9 . 4/14/2006
Another good bit here, I feel like I'm watching this on TV. This feels like classic Sam and Al bonding time. I get the feel from this scene that these two men arn't just friends, they're brothers

ObsessedRomantic chapter 7 . 4/14/2006
OK, Good bonding moment here, you remembered Al was a POW very good. you know you're stuff

ObsessedRomantic chapter 6 . 4/14/2006
Still reading, I was right. the battlefields of southeast asia are gonna be pure picnic by comparison

ObsessedRomantic chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Wow, this was some heavy stuff, Sam's going to welcome the vacation when he leaps into Captain Bill Nadall in Vietnam 1965, My Story in the "M" section, "Ia Drang Indeed" you're good and you've got me hooked. I'm going to check out the other two now. and you are welcome to read and review my little stories, (Please, Be gentle)

I'm afraid that most of my stories are either about war or the military or contain some kind of combative element, product of my experiences.

Joanne Ellen Faulkner Sergeant First CLass Retired United States Army, 1988 to 1998