Reviews for How to be a Dhampire
White Alchemist Taya chapter 10 . 9/19/2006
she learned alot of spells, wish her luck on this.

nice chapter.
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 10 . 9/19/2006
Heehee, I love L.H.'s frustration. Awesome work on this one! I loved it much! Oh, and the werewolf mention gave me an interesting idea...*off to lalaland*

Great job!

Zantac the Barbarian chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Update "Crimson Princess."
sunbune chapter 9 . 7/28/2006
best chapter so far! the first part was hilarious and I have a suspicion that LH is going to be an awesome character as this story progresses. Can't wait to see if he still has all the 'powers' that he had when he was trapped in D's hand: mind reading, x-ray vision, swallowing dark magic, etc...

Anyway, good job setting up the new mission! I am curious to see how it goes for the trio of hunters. (and yes, it does seem like it could be something from a video game. _)
sunbune chapter 8 . 7/28/2006
LOL! where to start? ok. I liked this chapter a lot. I love the idea of Lefthand getting his own body! (though I can't see his gruff, scratchy voice coming from a young, handsome face.) This was a great line: "Is anyone going to ask me how I feel about this?"

but I do have one pretty hefty criticism. just a few chapters ago, Lilah was all torn up about seeing a woman killed right in front of her. But in this chapter, Lilah walks right over to the body of this man who was just killed in front of her, in an attempt to help her, no less- and what is her reaction this time? Instead of being distraught, she's smiling- she's like: "oh, look, a lifeless sack of human meat, how great! I guess I'll just use it as a host for Lefthand! Yay, this will be fun!" ...ok, so that's exaggerating, but does she shed a tear for the poor guy or the wife and kids that he probably left behind? Nope.

I know I said before that Lilah was being a 'crybaby', but I think she took WAY too much of a leap in the other direction in this chapter. Surely she couldn't have become jaded towards death so suddenly... but she's your character, not mine, so I'll shut up and get back to reading now. _ I hope you don't feel flamed. I am just really getting into your story, and I thought you might like some serious feedback.
sunbune chapter 7 . 7/28/2006
woah. The beginning of this one was written in a completely different tone. And suddenly Lilah doesn't care if they kill her? WHAT? that seems out of character for her.

I'm guessing that in the next chapter she'll finally use her 'magic' skills, which haven't been a whole lot of help to her so far...
sunbune chapter 6 . 7/28/2006
hmm... parts of this were actually kind of humorous, (my favorite line:“Oh well,” he added, “more of you for us, pretty one.")

But the ending was so dark and morbid!

Lilah's still a respectable and likable character in my opinion, but I think she's been reduced to tears in every chapter so far- and personally, I don't think Leila's granddaughter would be such a crybaby.
sunbune chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
by the way, I really like your chapter titles. I know that's an odd thing to comment on, but whatever.

The first part of this chapter had me laughing out loud. _ I love the fact that Lilah has befriended Lefthand. And now I simply MUST know the 'embarrassing story' that Lefthand almost told! Hopefully you'll come back to that in a future chapter! It's great that Lefthand sticks up for Lilah, too.

I continued to like Lilah in this chapter. The ending was a surprise, but good on her for packing up and leaving rather than waiting for D to tell her to get lost. (Somehow I think that her grandmother would have done the same thing.)
sunbune chapter 4 . 7/28/2006
I was really impressed by this chapter. It was a little too short, but you managed to explain everything so well even without a lot of detail. And in this chapter, I really started to like Lilah. She said in the first chapter that she wants to be a good person... and in this chapter she reveals that she really IS a good person after all. D and Lefthand are jaded and cold. They've seen so many people killed that it no longer bothers them. It's just routine to them, but not to Lilah. Lilah expresses concern for the husband, she remembers the dead woman's name, and she even has nightmares. (by the way, good job with the nightmare, it's extrememly creepy!)

But what I liked the most was that Lilah didn't go running over to D's room to be comforted. Yes, it seems she will be able to stand on her own feet after all. Hurray!

Oh, and good job keeping D in character too!
sunbune chapter 3 . 7/28/2006
wow, this chapter started out so light-hearted, I never expected the violence at the end there.

Anyway, this is interesting. I like the thought of little Lilah spending time with her Grandma Leila and learning a little bit about hunting. Can't wait to see what happens next!
sunbune chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
Hmm... the sword-fighting scene raised a couple of 'mary sue' flags with me, and the second half was almost identical to the opening scene of the bloodlust movie, only with names changed, and Lilah being present, of course. But I'm sure you did that on purpose, and the story will become more, um, original in the next chapt.

anyway, I loved the idea of Lilah being 'introduced' to Lefthand. and, in response to your author's note, all I've read of Anne Rice are 'Interview with the Vampire' and 'The Vampire Lestat'. and I like star wars too, lol.
sunbune chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Leila's granddaughter got turned into a dhampir? what an interesting idea! And what a great first chapter- I think you've set this up perfectly, with D acting so cold-hearted initially and not wanting to have anything to do with her, and then Lefthand managing to guilt-trip him into it- that was great!

Also, these are small notes, but I love the name Lilah (I have a cousin named Lilah, actually!) and I love the idea of a white mare named Princess, lol. It's so cliche, it's cute!
Spastic Dhampir chapter 9 . 7/27/2006
It was a great chapter. Sorry I did not review the day I read it which was the day you posted this chapter but when I tried to it would not let me. I can't wait for the next chapter though. You are doing a great job.
mcgurrin chapter 9 . 7/27/2006
i like it
seika chapter 9 . 7/20/2006
YAY _ i like this story! write more soon please, it's very good
203 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »