Reviews for These Hearts, They Beat in ThreeFour Time
alix33 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
"Those eyes made her want to talk to him, made her cross the floor and extend her hand in greeting. She watched them take her into consideration, traveling the planes of her face as if memorizing all her features. She giggled. "Don't get used to seeing me like this," she said. "I'm a Metamorphmagus." He smiled, not at all fazed by her bold proclamation. "Then I'll try very hard to remember each and every one of your faces." - AW!

"The door in the hall slammed, her great-aunt started to yell and was silenced, and then she heard footsteps on the stairs. "Ah, so I won't be dining alone." She turned and glanced over her shoulder, smiling when her eyes met his. They were light and happy. She felt light-headed again. "As long as you don't mind the company," she said. Remus took off his robe and folded it over the back of a chair. He smiled. "No," he said, "I always enjoy your company, Nymphadora." He always called her Nymphadora, even though she told him many times that she preferred Tonks. She didn't mind it, however, since it was their private joke. It was something of his she could keep for herself, because for all the warmth his eyes showed her the darkness kept creeping in and battling with the light." - AW!

"as she attempted to stand up, her knees had other ideas and she knocked the table, sending the food to the floor. In an attempt to pick up her mess, apologizing furiously as she went, she proceeded to knock everything over, landing on him, faces inches apart, feeling incredibly happy and incredibly embarrassed all at once. "I'm sorry, I really am dreadful company," she whispered. And then he smiled at her, despite the fact she had ruined his entire meal by spilling whiskey over it, despite the fact that they were on the floor and his pants were covered in cheese, despite the fact that she was crushing him. He smiled, nervously, and said "It would take a lot more than whiskey and wet stilton to make me not enjoy your company, Tonks." Their eyes locked, his burning brightly in the dark kitchen, and she felt it – a surge of something going from her toes upwards. Words appeared on her tongue, ready for her to speak them, telling him exactly how she felt in his company. But she couldn't. Because in a moment the nervousness overwhelmed his smile, and Remus Lupin looked like he wanted to be anywhere but under Nymphadora Tonks. He stood up, helped her clean the shattered remains of dinner off the floor, and muttered a goodbye and something about going to change his clothes. As he exited the room, she whispered "I love you" quietly to his back. The words tasted like honey on her tongue." - AW!
starsandstillness chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Great story. I love both of these characters, and we learn so little about them, it seems. Thanks for filling in the blanks in such a true-to-the-characters way.
iamselena chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Gorgeous. Another one of your fics that simply touches my heart. The words you used are incredible. :D Fantastic. :D
unique.normality chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This is yet another very good explanation of their feelings, bravo XP
fireblazie chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
That's *beautiful*. Just... wow. And I love how you integrated Hermione's point of view at the end, too... I always like fics where we get to see the Trio's point of view on Remus/Tonks. :D
203871034981032401982381047767 chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Wow; I love this story.

I like how the point of view isn't from Tonks or Remus, but Hermione.

And I love how they fell in love with eachother but none of them even realized it.

I look forward to more of your writing!

Cheers-
SweetSugarPuppy chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
Wow... nice story and very well written. Great job! And if I had 4 thumbs, well... 4 thumbs up! (and maybe even more) )
Kileaiya chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Sqwee! (God I suck at reviews)
BasketKiwi chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
Oh, wow! That was REALLYREALLYREALLY good! I loved it! I read a lotta fluff, but that seemed very original, which is really very rare considering (not to sound like a broken record) that I love Remus and I love Tonks, but especially them together. Yeah. At the end I thought it was Ginny, because she's going through such a similar situation with Harry, but I liked that it was Hermione and that Ron was a dope, because it was so true. One moment he'll do something wonderful and you'll be like WOOHOO! FINALLY! and feel all happy for Hermione, then he goes and screws it up... usually big time. n.n But I really really enjoyed it very much! It was very... sweet, and tender, but not overly cheesy or anything. I'm off to read more of thine magnificent masterpieces! xD
krumfan chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
omg...damn...god...this was gorgeous! I loved it! How absolutely perfect. Great fic!
jwoods471 chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I loved your story. I'm glad that he stopped fighting it.
Bardlover chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Very nice story. I especially loved the Ron/Hermione ending.
KatieBell70 chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Sob! That was beautiful!
Leaves of Green chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
I LOVED IT. YOU WERE DESTINED TO WRITE LUPIN/TONKS. I WANT SOME MORE RL/NT FICS SOON!

Dumbledores Girl Through and Through,

Lorelai the Voldemort Slayer
mercutio-rane chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
If I could have gone into a fanfic restaurant right now and ordered something for lunch, that would have been the best damned meal on the menu! LOL!

That really was the most romantic one-shot I've ever read. And you made me cry! I think I've only cried reading a fanfic once before. I guess I had that coming. I seem to do that to my readers all the time, as well. (grinning sheepishly).

Ending with a third party seeing how true their love is was a perfect way to solidify something that is so tenuous between them. And having Ron come in made it work even better. It was a very unexpected but very effective way to bring the story full circle.

Thank you for sharing! :)