Reviews for Comfort Me
um chapter 2 . 7/27/2010
okay... um dude? It's been, oh i dunno, FIVE YEARS! since you updated.

Let me just say it.

THIS STORY IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CRAP I'VE SEEN IN FANDOMS RECENTLY!

PLEASE UPDATE!
Mena Madvin chapter 2 . 8/5/2008
Please update! I'd really like to know what happens next.
lindajrjt chapter 2 . 3/22/2007
I just read the first 2 chapters of your story and I really really hope you decide to update soon. It was very good! Can't wait to read more.
Kagomegir chapter 2 . 6/22/2006
Please continue!
Almandine-Azaleea chapter 2 . 2/19/2006
I love this story! I really do. Your language is very strong, and it helps portray the characters very well. Kaiba is absolutely perfect the way you write him. I really hope you'll update this soon! _
Estriel chapter 2 . 12/20/2005
C'mon, c'mon! You so can't do this to me! Update! Please? Pretty please? Please? With sugared cherries? C'mon...you know you want to! Promise to review every chapter...?

Es

xx
yoursolastsummer chapter 2 . 11/22/2005
This is very well written. I would love to continue reading it (hell I love to read all of your stories). I like the way you have Kaiba acting, it is perfect. WHen he sat down in the chair after ANzu asked what happened was so sad and the reader could just feel how drained he was. Great work..update any story and i will read.
Starian Princess chapter 2 . 11/22/2005
Maybe he placed the paper in his pocket unconsciously and will decide to use it sometime... in the future. I've read in most fanfictions about being in the hospital and all, it's more of Anzu being the one left alone by everyone and well.. everything else is predictable after. But since she still has her circle of friends, with the exception of Yami, I think that there would be more effort on her part in this story to be close to Seto. That's just what I'm thinking though. Who knows? Fate may have something to do with the matter and they may just end up meeting up in all the right places at the right times, as well as the wrong times. Hmm.. there's a thought. Anyhow, I hope that you continue this soon. I'm very much interested with what will happen next.
Shipperness chapter 2 . 11/19/2005
Aha! You updated it! Heehee! Yes! *Does dance of joy, then remembers there are other people here*

ahem.

Well, yes, you probably, er, remember that i was quite fond of this story, hehe.

So, first things first...Mokuba! Poor little guy! A *shattered* leg? Yeesh, that's rough. You really beat him up huh? *Hands over the "Twisted Mind" crown* You beat me hands down. For now...

As for Seto, well Anzu was right. I don't think he's ever been quite so disheveled in public. But then his borther was just totally creamed in a plane crash, so that's understandable. I liked him intimidating doctors at the hospital. That was very in character!

Now, about Anzu...so she's emotionally dmamged, huh? Well, at least she and Seto make a matching pair then. Still, it's very like her to give him her number even though he doesn't like her that much (understatement of the century!) She's very charitable and kind by nature, so that suited well.

There's utterly no question that you have kept them both in character here. And i certainly have no qualms about the story, except for the occasional wince whenever i read a bit about how badly mauled Mokuba is.

I know enough not to look for another update soon, don't worry. This, i think, has kept me suitably angst-fed until another time ;o) I must say though, i am looking forward to an update of TNB(as always) and i'm really starting to get into Blindsided, so i look very much forward to that too!

In the mean time, happy writing and make sure to take care now, okay?

*goes off to enjoy the high she always gets from reading super-fantastic fanfiction*
LeafeKnight7 chapter 2 . 11/18/2005
hmm...very interesting. Update soon. _Ja ne!
Jean-Luc Lover chapter 2 . 11/18/2005
Nice update. Yes, you kept Seto IC. He's not good at accepting help, sympathy or anything really from the "geek squad" or anyone else for that matter. Anzu has her work cut out for her.

I always have a hard time with Anzu's character in fanfiction - authors don't seem to capture her at all. In the manga she is very sweet and lovingly devoted to her friends; she is not remotely annoying. (The stupid dub I've seen does manage to make her annoying from time to time). I also find her somewhat tragic due to her impossible love for Yami. You really did a good job of capturing the emotions she might feel upon losing Yami and losing the emotional closeness she once had with her friends. What I think will be harder to capture and still keep her in character (and I can't wait to see how you handle this) is the process by which she lets go of her preconceived notions of who Kaiba is. She can easily transfer her devotion and loyalty to Mokuba now that he's hurt, but Kaiba is another story. Anzu always seems wary of Kaiba in the manga and anime - despite her usual friendly demeanor to everyone else, she never really does more than scold him. With Mokuba hurt and all, I think Anzu would try to be nice to Kaiba, but she won't think of him differently than before unless he changes first. This is my opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but I think he has to come to appreciate her and make some grand gesture to her before she'll see him as anything other than Yugi's rival and Mokuba's brother.

Let's see, you said they'll have physical interaction but not romantic (or smutty, darn it). I obviously lack imagination, nothing comes to mind that's of any consequence.
Azurite chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
Hm, you're a tricky one, aren't you? Like you said, this one wasn't expected, but it came out well. Lots of emotional weight hanging from this one, plus good visuals to match. The fangirl in me can justify screaming OOCness so long as it gets them together; the sensible part of me wants the relationship to develop a bit more realistically (at least where these two are concerned) before they jump each others' bones (or lips).

I'm still a bit confused how a physical and yet non-steamy relationshop can evolve into love or caring... er, romance. Hugs and the like, you mean? o_o Maybe I'm just being weird.

And just because you mentioned them, I'm very much looking forward to any and all updates on any front- be it The Night Before (YEAH!), Blindsided (WHO!) or that oneshot-in-four-parts (AH!)

Next time give us a hanky warning though, would ya? *sniffle* Mokuba!
Ambiance-Dream chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
Wow, I'm really glad that you updated this story! Yeah, sometimes it helps to break off a story you're concentrating on and to work on some other one... *cough* You told me that.

I really like how you did the character development, as usual. It's actually different than what people usually do. You made Anzu more of a mellower, nicer person in this chap, and I like that. I mean, you still added a little tint that Anzu was fiery... It was all done well. :)

Ha, Kaiba was pretty IC, also. Although he was just in a complete disaster, he was able to pull together quickly and even throw some insults and junk and Anzu. But at the same time, he seemed pretty confused and just tired... Hey, it feels like I'm giving a book analysis or something. lol

Anyhow... the idea of Anzu giving Kaiba his number was really nice. I mean, it adds to that "sweet Anzu" description that I mentioned earlier, and it's pretty romantic (in some sense, also... I'm weird, aren't I?

And the ending was good. I can't wait for the next chapter! XD That is, if there is one. Ah well... take your time... Don't feel too pressured. Like me... -_-"

Ja ne! -
RLBB chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
You really, really, really need to update, I want to know what happens next! (please .)
Gekkou Hana chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
hmm.. this is an interesting plot.. I wonder exactly what role will Anzu play in this story.. I could imagine but i'd rather refrain from saying it out loud and just see what happens.. you know i love all your stories so i hope u can update this as well.. I can't wait for the next chapter.. im sure Anzu will make a return.. right? *wink* and Seto as well? *wink, wink?*