Reviews for Every Word
Songorita chapter 16 . 7/22/2013
I love your stories. I've read all four. There great, love them. Their all on my favorites. I hope you plan on having a few more stories up. Can't wait to read more.
Acy Yua chapter 16 . 1/2/2009
Julie is truly a wonderful character. Disabilities are difficult to write and I applaud your willingness to take on the challenge. You wrote in chapter 2 that you had a blast writing her and your enjoyment and energy certainly showed through. Her ‘finger plays’ were fun and sweet and you could feel Xavier and Julie being drawn to one another as they learned to communicate.

I’m a little uncertain on how I feel about Julie’s chase after Xavier when he went to rescue Devon, going so far as to stow away on the ship. From a purely objective view of the events, it was a foolish thing to do on her part. She could easily have been injured or killed and she could have compromised the whole mission. I saw her actions as reckless and thoughtless.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more interaction between Julie and her brother. Their relationship feels like a distant if loving one with her brother taking on the role of guardian more than sibling. The friendship between Julie and Lauren was well done – close and confiding.

My biggest problem was with Julie’s speech. I understand that you’re trying to convey her difficulties by writing in dialect (of a sort) but it makes it very difficult for the reader to easily understand what is being said. Other people had different views on this, I understand. Personally, I find extensive dialect distracting. I think it would have been just as effective if you had written her dialogue normally and just described where the differences were.

Overall, Julie was a lovely rounded character with both strengths and flaws. The fingernail biting was a nice touch.

Xavier was a great hero: handsome, brave and capable. He was a nice guy and really, you can’t argue with that – I love nice guy heroes. A war hero too with a limp? Be still my beating heart. ; )

I thought he ceded a little too readily though when he thought that Julie loved Devon. It wasn’t as if he suffered from self-esteem issues – why didn’t he think Julie worth going after? However, I don’t see this as something that needs to be changed as much as something which needs developing - convince me that Xavier would act that way.

Zander and Lauren were nice foils to Xavier and Julie. They were the ‘perfect’ light-hearted couple, constantly bantering and bickering. Lauren’s mother needs a little more development, especially her standpoint. Her involvement felt a little tacked on at the end – like a last minute hurdle. Why had she not held her daughter back before? Maybe if we got a sense of Lady Grey’s fears earlier on the flow would be better. That issue seemed to be resolved very easily – one interview which lasted about five minutes. Hm….

However, I did enjoy Zander and Lauren’s exchanges very much. I was leery about Zander at the beginning – he was certainly not introduced in the most favorable light – but I warmed up to him towards the end. It’s really hard to dislike a guy who cares about his brother.

Looking at your story as a whole, I enjoyed your style of writing although at times, it could use a little more polish. However, I know that you wrote and posted this on a chapter by chapter basis so in that light, this story is quite well done although it would sparkle after a few good edits. You’ve written wonderful characters which, I believe, are the backbone to any successful story. You also write the most amusing turn of phrases. Limp as an old sock? : D

Hopefully, you haven’t been too daunted by my excessively long review. I congratulate you on having finished a story – an accomplishment of its own. I had a great time reading it and I look forward to your future works. Keep writing!
telepop chapter 13 . 5/6/2008
God I want bannock now. Thanks.
Gnomie022 chapter 16 . 10/10/2007
I have LOVED LOVED LOVED your stories. I know it's been awhile...but I think you should consider doing another one. Please?
bookworm97 chapter 16 . 10/1/2007
that was such a cute story!

it was beautiful.
Areida Rivers chapter 16 . 5/9/2007
Aw, a cute ending. Thanks for wrapping things up! I hope to be seeing new chapters of a new story soon; I've enjoyed reading what you write. Your style is fluid and enjoyable, and your characters are always a blast. Hope you're liking college so far!
Areida Rivers chapter 15 . 5/9/2007
Well, I tried to review chapter fourteen because I hadn't read it in so long, but apparently I already have. Hehe. My comments on fourteen, though... Zander/Xavier hotness. Much hotness. And I really enjoy that even though Lauren's somewhat dramatic, she's not obnoxious about it. Also, many people in your position, working with Julie as a mute, might have had some serious Mary Sue issues going on, but you've created a very convincing and winsome character. I'm impressed.

Concerning chapter fifteen: The first sentence, I think you mean "poring" rather than "pouring"... hehe. And of course, because I'm a major sap, I have to yell at Xavier: Go get Julie! He's so gorgeous.. pacing around his study... wanting her... being all noble... Man, don't you wish there were more of his type around? LOL... Admit it, you know you were beyond excited when you saw "him" on the bus. Thanks for finishing up, Lulai! I would have been sad without an ending to this one.
Cathrine Face chapter 16 . 4/9/2007
yeah! I've been so busy I didn't get to finish until today. I loved it. Could have been longer of course but you've got to finish it up eventually i suppose. can't wait for your next one.
namegame chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
This is my favorite of your stories. Well done.
annonymous chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
E! This story (along with all your others D) is wonderful! I love how Jarrod and Fiona have a little cameo...so cute!
CharlyB chapter 16 . 3/7/2007
THANK YOU for finishing this story. I always enjoy your writing, and it's very frustrating for us loyal readers when we don't get the finished product. However, I can see when you lost interest and maybe that reflected in your writing. It isn't your strongest story or my favorite (that would be a toss up between "Cave of Wonders" and "Dangerous Love" - nevermind, "Dangerous Love" wins. I do like them both A LOT though!:) I liked this story, and you created some fascinating characters that were certainly NOT run-of-the-mill. Good work! I look forward to more of your writing!
smartblondee chapter 16 . 3/7/2007
Thanks for updating! You no longer make me cry myself to sleep but make me want to jump for joy and never want to sleep again I am so excited! I love your writing! Thanks for finishing this story! Start another one soon because now that I have had a taste I am thirsting for more of you stories!
Queen Tabitha Tall chapter 5 . 3/3/2007
I've just go to say that I'm so sorry I didn't catch this story til it was finished! So good. I'll definitely be looking for new stuff from you.
Lacrymose chapter 5 . 3/2/2007
Gorgeous darling!
nightsoul chapter 14 . 2/28/2007
hi Lulai! Just going back through some of my old favourite authors and stories, and I discovered that you haven't finished this story yet! I read it so long ago, but now that I've found it again I couldn't bear it if it wasn't completed. So please please PLEASE finish it off. You said there're only a couple more chappies, so it couldn't be too much trouble could it?

I loved all your other stories, and I really want to know how you're going to have this one end - I hope it's a happy ending!

luv nightsoul