Reviews for A winter's tale
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 9 . 11/24/2012
"he was the King of Gondor in spe," in spe? What does that mean? I can't guess what you meant to type.
Yami-Chan.com chapter 15 . 7/10/2009
You are a cruel, evil, vicious, lovely, awesome, fantastic person! I cried so many times throughout the course of this story. I giggled and smiled about as many times. I loved it and hated the suspense. I almost threw the computer a couple of times, but reaching the end I'm glad I didn't. Thanks so much for posting this story! Please, continue to write!
Yami-Chan.com chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
I love this story already! It's so sweet and somber! I cried. I admit it. It's not even sad and I cried. That's how much I'm into this story. Your friend is a very talented writer! You make sure she knows that!
CosmicEssence chapter 15 . 3/1/2009
That was interesting. I did like it, yes but there was also alot i didnt like. Mostly though yes.

I think what bothered me most was that this 'love' they spoke of happened far too quickly. Even true love, which quite frankly i am somewhat skeptical about, has far more confusion and complexity than is shown here. The 'experince of feeling' Estel describes sounds more like 'desire' in the sense of lust. If he'd never had any feelings but close friendship before he wouldnt suddenly turn around in one night and be like 'oh i love you so much to the ends of the earth' sort of thing.

Secondly, your're writing deteriorated somewhat in the last few chaps. That is there were more mistakes, and notable ones too.

Thirdly, the 'oh legolas' or 'oh estel' and versions of those phrases repeated over and over really didnt do much for me.

It was very sensual in parts though, and the initial kiss, followed by thougts and angst and hesitancy was very well done. The landscape and characters, especially in the beginning, were well described and really brought one into the fic itself. I had been expecting to see them return to imladris and face the family's questions...but i guess i'll have to wait for the next perhaps? for that?

Oh and one last thing, the drowning scene was a bit too prolonged. About 3/4 the way down that chap before Legolas pulls him out i just had to stop reading...it felt like i had just essentially reread the same few lines several times over without any sign of stopping.
Theresa Gibson chapter 10 . 9/29/2008
I loved this paragraph:

He had been a child in a world of adults, a human in a world of elves, a clumsy mortal in a perfect world. No, he had not liked himself for many years and only since he had met Legolas had he begun to see himself not only as the little brother of Elladan and Elrohir, the foster son of lord Elrond, but as person, as an individual with his own personality, emotions and qualities. He had been praised form someone outside his family, someone who was under no obligation to say nice things to him because he was family.

As much as I enjoy the happy-go-lucky fiction where allis cheerful and light in Estel's childhood this version of his emotions makes perfect sense. I appreciate your take on the characters.
Theresa Gibson chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
Love it-so sweet! I am enjoying the way you are not rushing the sex but developing the story with very believale details as we go along. Thanks for this story!
bigXxdreamer chapter 16 . 6/24/2008
THIS STORY IS SWEET!
Rem10124 chapter 16 . 4/15/2008
This was sweet
Rokkis chapter 16 . 1/22/2008
This was a lovely little fic! I loved the musings of both of them and it seemed so natural that they should come together! Loved it! Absolutely adored it!

Cheers!
Rana chapter 15 . 1/14/2008
I BOW DOWN TO THEE! that was an amazing story! it was quite poetic, and well planned and thought out, good job! there were some confusions though, like in the phrase "he meant to see a soft glow surround the elven body", the word "meant" sounds like it doesnt belong, and it would make much better sense if you put their thoughts (unless the story is in their pov) in single quotation marks ('') so people know they are thoughts. i saw some run-on sentences, but my attention span is too short to look for them now, simply replacing some commas with semi colons would make them sound better (wherever they might be...) keep writing! i liked this story a lot!

~toodles
NextNothingNew chapter 3 . 9/26/2007
Gods, I usually give much longer reviews, but:

It is so beautiful. The trust, the willingness to give up love for friendship, the reactions, the thinking patterns, and finally, the end of this chapter that spoke volumes; not definite love, not yet, but still friendship. So, so beautiful.
NextNothingNew chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
*Makes shreiking noise* Gods, Estel, of course he loves you! Why else would he be so crushed when you pulled away? You are his friend; surely you know that, so he wouldn't take advantage of you! ...n...dammit, it's all so complicated. *goes to next chapter* Clueless human...
anon chapter 11 . 8/31/2007
I am on chapter twelve and have seen at the end of each chapter you begging for reviews. As you see I no longer even use an id name, to protect myself from being spot lighted and brought over the coals. The review area I thought, was to point out problems that the author is having in writing their story and they wanted outside ideas on improvements on problems that are standing in the way of the author getting the finished great story that they were trying for. But alas, mentioning that the story is moving painfully slow and that I was skipping some of the story to get to the main characters in the story, brought forth threats and even the cancer card to deflect on my original crit. Having gone through the cancer thing close and personal, obligates me to help anyone that is going through that journey. That didnt however change my original opinion and I never did read any further into the story than I first did before I gave my review. Oh, and by the way I was not the only reader that said the same observation that I had on the story being a little slow. As unpleasant as this is to reveal, I thought it might help you see why fewer and fewer reviews are being left. I will not be leaving a review on this story, than you wont ask me if I have gone to college for writing and if I use spellcheck, like I'm being reviewed, and come on up to my live journel and I will really tell you what for. Makes for a pleasant day doesnt it. Who wants to volunteer for that? Good luck on your writing.
bluewatcher chapter 13 . 8/28/2007
woah, for a moment I was confused. hehehe, has anyone ever told you you'd be great at those cheesy romance novels? for realz. lol. I had to quickly jump into my CR mode to realize what was going on... oh, finger up the ass. ok. haha. i have no decency, I'm just so use to my slash being blunt with words like 'fuck', 'cock' and just plain 'penis' it took me a moment to realize the time was finnaly sexy time. great story so far though.
Randy's Dark Angel chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
OMG that rocks i'm sorry i didnt find it when you were still writing but i like it -.-