Reviews for A winter's tale
late to the part chapter 5 . 9/1/2018
So I love the premise and I liking your writing with the exception of the sex. By this chapter it has already became repetitive in the description and you get very attached to details, I have nothing against explicitly but in this case the scenes could do with a little more abstract, shorter description and more encase on the emotional impact.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 15 . 5/29/2017
great job
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 5/29/2017
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 9 . 11/24/2012
"he was the King of Gondor in spe," in spe? What does that mean? I can't guess what you meant to type.
Yami-Chan.com chapter 15 . 7/10/2009
You are a cruel, evil, vicious, lovely, awesome, fantastic person! I cried so many times throughout the course of this story. I giggled and smiled about as many times. I loved it and hated the suspense. I almost threw the computer a couple of times, but reaching the end I'm glad I didn't. Thanks so much for posting this story! Please, continue to write!
Yami-Chan.com chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
I love this story already! It's so sweet and somber! I cried. I admit it. It's not even sad and I cried. That's how much I'm into this story. Your friend is a very talented writer! You make sure she knows that!
CosmicEssence chapter 15 . 3/1/2009
That was interesting. I did like it, yes but there was also alot i didnt like. Mostly though yes.

I think what bothered me most was that this 'love' they spoke of happened far too quickly. Even true love, which quite frankly i am somewhat skeptical about, has far more confusion and complexity than is shown here. The 'experince of feeling' Estel describes sounds more like 'desire' in the sense of lust. If he'd never had any feelings but close friendship before he wouldnt suddenly turn around in one night and be like 'oh i love you so much to the ends of the earth' sort of thing.

Secondly, your're writing deteriorated somewhat in the last few chaps. That is there were more mistakes, and notable ones too.

Thirdly, the 'oh legolas' or 'oh estel' and versions of those phrases repeated over and over really didnt do much for me.

It was very sensual in parts though, and the initial kiss, followed by thougts and angst and hesitancy was very well done. The landscape and characters, especially in the beginning, were well described and really brought one into the fic itself. I had been expecting to see them return to imladris and face the family's questions...but i guess i'll have to wait for the next perhaps? for that?

Oh and one last thing, the drowning scene was a bit too prolonged. About 3/4 the way down that chap before Legolas pulls him out i just had to stop reading...it felt like i had just essentially reread the same few lines several times over without any sign of stopping.
Theresa Gibson chapter 10 . 9/29/2008
I loved this paragraph:

He had been a child in a world of adults, a human in a world of elves, a clumsy mortal in a perfect world. No, he had not liked himself for many years and only since he had met Legolas had he begun to see himself not only as the little brother of Elladan and Elrohir, the foster son of lord Elrond, but as person, as an individual with his own personality, emotions and qualities. He had been praised form someone outside his family, someone who was under no obligation to say nice things to him because he was family.

As much as I enjoy the happy-go-lucky fiction where allis cheerful and light in Estel's childhood this version of his emotions makes perfect sense. I appreciate your take on the characters.
Theresa Gibson chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
Love it-so sweet! I am enjoying the way you are not rushing the sex but developing the story with very believale details as we go along. Thanks for this story!
bigXxdreamer chapter 16 . 6/24/2008
THIS STORY IS SWEET!
Rem10124 chapter 16 . 4/15/2008
This was sweet
Rokkis chapter 16 . 1/22/2008
This was a lovely little fic! I loved the musings of both of them and it seemed so natural that they should come together! Loved it! Absolutely adored it!

Cheers!
Rana chapter 15 . 1/14/2008
I BOW DOWN TO THEE! that was an amazing story! it was quite poetic, and well planned and thought out, good job! there were some confusions though, like in the phrase "he meant to see a soft glow surround the elven body", the word "meant" sounds like it doesnt belong, and it would make much better sense if you put their thoughts (unless the story is in their pov) in single quotation marks ('') so people know they are thoughts. i saw some run-on sentences, but my attention span is too short to look for them now, simply replacing some commas with semi colons would make them sound better (wherever they might be...) keep writing! i liked this story a lot!

~toodles
NextNothingNew chapter 3 . 9/26/2007
Gods, I usually give much longer reviews, but:

It is so beautiful. The trust, the willingness to give up love for friendship, the reactions, the thinking patterns, and finally, the end of this chapter that spoke volumes; not definite love, not yet, but still friendship. So, so beautiful.
NextNothingNew chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
*Makes shreiking noise* Gods, Estel, of course he loves you! Why else would he be so crushed when you pulled away? You are his friend; surely you know that, so he wouldn't take advantage of you! ...n...dammit, it's all so complicated. *goes to next chapter* Clueless human...