Reviews for Not Only a Granger
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 10/15/2013
I'm glad Hermione is away from the Muggle. He presumes too much, I think. I can only say I don't think he realized just how close he was, there for a moment, to a near-death experience! LOL

What a great love scene - I read it on AO3 - very sensual and evocative. You have quite a talent.

I love Nathan. What a wonderful kid. He reminds me strongly of one or two "mom-raised" young men I have had the privilege of teaching during my career. It is good that Severus was finally able to realize what a treasure he has been given ... In both mother and son.
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 10/15/2013
... And he's off, jumping to conclusions again! (Snape, that is.) Honestly, after hearing Harry call him a hero to his own son, can Snape finally let it go? Snape is asking Nathan to accept the fact that he is Malfoy's godfather. Doesn't he owe Nathan the same curtesy of accepting that Harry is his godfather?

Yes, I know ... Don't try to apply logic to Snape and Harry. You'll just get a headache.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 10/15/2013
I love that Sev checked Nathan for hexes after they lefty he party. It shows that he believes his son ... that Malfoy is a mean little twit. He seems to be moving nicely into fatherhood. Now ... If he could just make the same leap with Hermione when he is awake and sober.

Okay ... so he was sober. It looks like he is going to have to make the gesture without an alcohol "boost" (even if it's only a sip) to give him courage. Poor Sev ... and poor Hermione. They seem to be like Lizzy and Darcy in those early days, always at cross purposes. I hope they get sorted out soon!
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 10/15/2013
That whole "family evening" had a rather ethereal, surreal quality to it, as opposed to the more emotionally combative atmosphere that generally prevails when the three are together. Was it real for them, or were they all "projecting"?
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 10/15/2013
While I'll agree that talking to Sybill is ridiculous, and I can understand Sev being upset that Nathan shared private info with her (not that he really shared much of anything), he needs to exercise more care of the gentle soul that is his son. Nathan isn't like Malfoy.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 10/15/2013
Oh, this is heart-wrenching. You have quite a gift for tear-jerking. Is Severus ever going to wake up and smell the coffee?
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 10/15/2013
Yeay! I loved that time they shared together, just their souls. Perhaps it was needed ... and perhaps that is why Nathan was not ready to come back at first. Remember the dream he had when he first had the necklace - when he was being eaten by spiders, and Snape left him? Here, Snape came back to help Nathan, more than once, and without their bodies, their souls were able to cut through the garbage and say what needed to be said. And didn't Snape - in those most vulnerable moments - ask Nathan to call him Dad, after all?
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 10/15/2013
Well, at least the Baron finally helped. I was surprised Nathan didn't go to Binns. No need to guess where he is!

Severus performing the spell on himself doesn't sound like the brightest idea, to me, but what do I know? A lot of magic has to do with intent, so perhaps they need to know what Nathan's intent was.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 10/15/2013
This is scary. Those boys need to hand over the book.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 10/15/2013
Oh, dear ... I wonder what color Snape's vial is showing now ... Black? I didn't see a color for panic-stricken, which it am sure he is.
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 10/15/2013
Honestly, Severus is as irritating as a small child. He is definitely the youngest of the three emotionally. He is so afraid of being hurt, I guess, that he strikes out first. You'd think he might have learned a bit of self control under Voldemort. Where is that famous self possession now? Hermione has her work cut out for her.
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 10/15/2013
Okay! We're finally starting to make some headway here. Um ... Isn't there something really terrible you can do to that blasted Rita and her Quick-Quotes Quill? Another sojourn in a jar, perhaps?
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 10/15/2013
Oh, Lord ... Rita Skeeter, I presume? Or someone similar? I'm disappointed in Harry and Ron. Why aren't they casting silencing spells and Muffliato! for such personal, sensitive information? I thought they were aurors. Where are they keeping their brains? Didn't the fiasco with Snape and Nathan teach Harry anything? **sigh** Idiots!
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 10/15/2013
Hmmm ... It would appear that Harry is stuck in the past on this issue, too. Is it not having access to the knowledge of Lily and Snape (which he didn't receive until after the release of DH) that has prevented this Harry from moving on? Sadly, his resentments have now wounded his godson to the heart.

Harry should realize that Hermione knows his buttinsky tendencies, and he's lucky she didn't deck him. I would have.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 10/15/2013
I tried to tell 'em! Tell me ... Why do none of them use silencing spells or Muffliato! anymore? Snape already knew that Nathan had eavesdropped on Hermione and Lupin and nearly heard once before. Where was all that fabulous spy training?
2,620 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »