Reviews for Cassandra Cain, The Batgirl
sol113 chapter 28 . 8/25
I recently watched Necessary evil: The super-villains of DC comics- it’s an intriguing program about Supervillain backstories, themes and the relationship with archrivals that I recommend for anyone with an interest in any comics or villains in general.

While watching I was reminded about this story; all the villains here have a very solid relationship and resonance with Cassandra in some way;
Jim wanted to die because he couldn’t see any way of living outside of battle (like Cass recently couldn’t).
SteelWolf devoted himself completely to the service of others and was left with nothing to show for it as he was left behind (which shocked Cass into taking a more serious look at a career).
Mr Myth was what happens when a human fighting machine is created at the cost of their humanity (which almost happened to Cass thanks to Cain and Shiva).
Silver Shrike/ Abel has the dynamic of disturbing Cass in that she can feel such familiarity with one who kills with no remorse or doubt whatsoever. I especially hope those two characters interact again as everything about their scenes together are awesome.
JimmyHall24 chapter 26 . 8/7
I agree with the mob boss in a sense. Joker deserves to die.
Opin chapter 35 . 4/30
Excellent chapter! Brutal and gripping!
Good, best story on this site, keep going, never stop.
Wisdom Witch chapter 35 . 4/6
This was simply... amazing! I'm speechless- you write fight scenes so well, I wish I'd half the talent for it as you do. I mean, to think that Circuit Breaker died anyway... it's a nice touch, a very nice touch. I simply cannot wait for the next installment! I know your updates are few and far in between, and that we'll all probably have to wait for months before the next chapter, I can safely say that it is all worth it. Thanks so much for sharing this, it's simply breathtaking.
I remember Cass saying Deathstroke was just toying with her
Pivitor chapter 35 . 4/1
This was an exhilarating chapter! I don't recognize Mr. Myth - is he an obscure character, or one you made up? Either way, he reminds me a bit of Midnighter, and I would not mind at all seeing he and Cassandra square off, haha.

Looking forward to the next story!
JimmyHall24 chapter 35 . 3/30
I love Batman.. But I disagree with his no kill rule.
Anonymous Rex chapter 35 . 3/28
Holy crap, that was an awesome fight! I am in AWE of your prowess as a writer.
Seriously, fantastic work! :D
Keep writing! I can't wait to see what happens next!
sol113 chapter 35 . 3/27
I love it in this story when Cassandra defeats a ‘boss’ villain by ‘dissecting’ him (breaking limbs, joints and hitting other surgical points) it works to make the fight scenes more visceral, more vivid, an gives an insight into Cass’ personal background as brutality comes so easily to her in a fight.
Mr Myth was an excellent ‘killer’ type badguy, despite many assassins appearing in this story the characters appear fresh.
The sidestory with Batman and the intelligence agencies was intriguing and a good set up for future chapters.
Veedramon chapter 35 . 3/26
Yet the Joker should still die, don't want a hero to do it? Fine. Just give him a national death warrant, being crazy doesn't protect him from the death penalty under terrorist charges.

Or ever better, make the federal goverment offer a very high bounty.

Slade Wilson would be happy to do it, win a ton of cash and become a national hero?

Heck he could just ask for a presidential pardon instead.
Wisdom Witch chapter 34 . 11/1/2015
I loved this chapter, and the premise for the next one is amazing! I really, really hope you update soon and hope that you had a Happy Halloween!
Anonymous Rex chapter 34 . 10/31/2015
Another excellent installment, as always. :-D
Keep writing!
anon chapter 34 . 10/31/2015
I remember a Special Forces team who had Midnighter surrounded and he did his little speech and they asked so how's this one turn out and he knew he stood no chance
Veedramon chapter 34 . 10/31/2015
Isn't a little too soon for Cass to face another living killing machine?