Reviews for Who was Damaris?
DjIns1ght chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Same happened to me.
Laura chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I was just reading Acts 17 today, and like it has before, the mystery of "the woman named Damaris" stuck with me. I decided to google search "why was Damaris named in the Bible?" and I found this. I love it, especially the last line. well done! :D
Evanna23 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Wow, never would have even thought twice about her before! Now every time I read about a one time character, I shall wonder. :)

Thanks for the interesting thought!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Damaris ... Greek name ... Meaning 'calf' ... Symbol of idol pagans worshipped ... Now even ... 'calf' ... Has been converted to Zbe Christian ... May all Kingdom, Power n Glory to the LORD ... thriugh our Savior LORD Jesus Christ ... Amen!
BlackWolfHowling chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
"Yes, we know precious little of Damaris. We only know that she lived and that she believed, that she had faith. Maybe that is all we really need to know about a woman named Damaris."

Do we need to more than that about anyone?
Victoria chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
I really liked this. It's very well written,and has a great ending. I have wondered occasionally about people mentioned just once in the bible, and why do they write the person's name, but not say anything else about them? This kinda answers that question in a way. Thanks!
Catty Engles chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Awesome. I've wondered about other names like that in the bible actually- nice to find I'm not alone.

-Cat
shining4all2see chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
*Applause!* Well written! I'm getting very curious about that!

Shine on!
Munku-JGSPTV chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
That's amazing. I've been looking for 'a zap of wisdom' (our youth group's little special thingy.) Would you mind if I used this? Just to read out or something, nothing bad. Please email if I can. _
americananime chapter 1 . 1/5/2002
I shall check out the scripture soon ... in the mean time, it's good, very thought-provoking. Keep writing :)
Meiran Chang chapter 1 . 5/30/2001
You're quite right. That is ALL I needed to know about a woman named Damaris.
Heather Goldbug who is not signed in chapter 1 . 5/29/2001
Yum. Chocolate. Damaris clave unto Paul, so she's a good woman. And though she is only mentioned once, imagine being mentioned once in the bible. Even just once...
Marian Darkke chapter 1 . 5/25/2001
You know, I never even knew that name was in there until I read a book by Janette Oke, called "A Woman Named Damaris." It's about a young girl, Damaris, who runs away from her alchoholic father and terrified mother. During her path to adulthood, she meets a variety of interesting characters, including an elderly woman who shows Damaris her name in the Bible. It takes some time, but she finally realizes the meaning behind the name, and the meaning of her own existence. It's an awesome book, by an awesome Christian writer. I was really surprised and pleased when I saw this here; I mean, the name only shows up once out of the entire Bible, and I'd never met anyone that had ever heard of it. So it's cool. ) ~md
Emmanuel chapter 1 . 5/4/2001
True, we need not know, and we need not be known by men. God knows the heart of all men. His favour is the only thing we should seek more of, and His attention we already have. If God knows every single sparrow, and He takes care of all the lilies of the field, how much more will He notice and love us.
Anifan1 chapter 1 . 4/15/2001