Reviews for The Best Of Friends
Emil Lime chapter 20 . 9/25/2011
I was reading through the Kharlan Chronicles and at the beginning of one of the chapters they said they read this story and based Kratos and Yuan's past roughly on it. they said it was a good read so I decided to postpone reading KC and read this one. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Your take on Kratos and Yuan is so different from everyone else's. A lot of people make Kratos the son of a general, but making him a coward is unique! I like that take on it, making Kratos a total wimp in the beginning because, lets face it, not everyone who's strong today was strong when they were young. I love how you wrote Yuan. I felt like he was very in character and I enjoyed his play at humor. I figured I'd drop a review to let you know this story is still being read by some. Great story!

-Emil Lime
PyrothTenka chapter 20 . 4/14/2010
Awesome... :) I'm off to go read the sequel! :D

I 3 Yuan, Kratos, and Noishe! XD Wonderful story. :)
FiaxLuxColette chapter 20 . 1/24/2010
I really enjoyed reading this story!

You captured the innocence in friendship so perfectly. At first when I began to read this story, I thought, "Kratos is afriad? Now way!" but we were all innocent once until we get older. I love this story! It makes me wish I had that one child hood friend I could always hang out with, to discover new adventures with. Leaving the clubhouse behind almost made me cry, knowing how much it meant to them. I love how you created there friendship with the small things. Being brothers, and all that.

This is definaetly a favorite! I will be reading the sequel for sure.
Mand'alor chapter 20 . 8/10/2008
great job, just finished it and i love it.

I sure hope though that in the next story we can see something explicit happening to the commander, like Kratos stabbing him in the crotch and Yuan putting an indignation judgment between his eyes ;P
Mand'alor chapter 11 . 8/8/2008
Just read chapter 11! _

I like the style so far, but i was hoping for something cooler, like Yuan casting indignation in a fight by accident ;P
Mand'alor chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Great story, i only read the first chapter but it's definatly worth faving.

BTW Yuan's canon family name is kafei ;P
Lupanari chapter 20 . 8/2/2008
This story was great. I loved the growing relationship between Yuan and Kratos. Friendship fics with those two are always wonderful (well, almost always). Though Kratos' childhood made me a little sad, mostly because of his relationship with his parents. His father, for one, I hate. He deserves to burn in hell with Kvar for the way he treated Katros. D:

Now, I'm off to the sequel. Which I suspect will be just as good as this, if not better. :)

Ta!
fowl68 chapter 20 . 6/4/2008
I am absolutly in love with this story! Its so sweet and its written beautifully! Please continue!
Aiwethryne chapter 20 . 5/27/2007
...That means I can begin reading the next story then.

Well, overall this fic seems good, although imagining Yuan having ever being a slave bothers me. Not that bad at all with how things were. There were some typos, but I try not stay lenient because everyone does that.
Aiwethryne chapter 19 . 5/27/2007
I just want to say that the letter would have been easier for me to follow if it was in italics, but I've already read it, so I'll let it pass my mind now...
Aiwethryne chapter 16 . 5/27/2007
Oop... nevermind! So you just forgot. Okay.
Aiwethryne chapter 15 . 5/27/2007
...I thought Kratos could only use magic due to the effects of digesting the liquified form of aionis...? Whatever. It's your story.
Aiwethryne chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Since the other story is the sequel, I'm reading this one first. But it was so HARSH! Poor little Kratos! The part with Yuan asking, "Your best friend is a fish?" That made me laugh.

I have a lot of time to read today (since I have writer's block at the moment), so I'll probably be up to date soon.
Cheea5 chapter 9 . 4/8/2007
I was reading srait through and this is SO AWSOME I though I would say keep up the good work _
Allieko chapter 20 . 12/24/2006
Aw...This is a really awesome story! _

I think Yuan has become one of my favorite characters now.

I loved the style and the way you put everything together. ITs a bit sad how Kratos lost his optimisim but it fits well with the story and everything else! I loved the ending too.

This is a great story! Keep it up!