Reviews for Overtures
xDivashell24x chapter 27 . 5/11/2012
I have reaad all 3 of these now and I am loving them - Gordon caanot leave IR! Shocked! brill story though :-)
FABreader chapter 27 . 11/24/2010
Love the trilogy you've written. Very involved plot with lots of suspense, action and the odd bit of humour (Virgil writing fanfiction!)

Do you have any plans to continue with this story?
A Lee En chapter 27 . 9/12/2010
Okay, I found this story a few days ago and read it all today. It's great. I don't suppose there's any chance of your continuing? I want to know what happens!
09 chapter 27 . 9/9/2010
Please continue with this...

do any moe of the tracy brothers leave?
SusanMartha chapter 27 . 2/20/2009
I was impressed with the scene between Gordon and Jeff. Jeff's reaction to Gordon wanting to leave, even though he'd seen it coming, was very believable. I hate to think what he would do if Scott left.

I really liked the comment “It's so easy to assume everyone in your family believes the same way you do on a subject, especially if you don't really talk about it.” Too often you get a shocked reaction from one person, then that one person accepts it and the subject is never mentioned again. It will be interesting to see the different reactions to Paul. Surprise is a normal reaction on Jeff's part. I wonder if Scott will feel the need to protect his little brother and talk to his dad about Gordon.
Hobbeth chapter 27 . 10/8/2008
Well written, as usual. Not confusing, but filled with tension.

I'm glad Eddie Kerr isn't getting what he wanted - dirt on IR. I hope it continues, and he is forced to re-evaluate his opinion of the organization.

You do like to come up with twists for your stories, don't you? I'm looking forward to your next one.
Math Girl chapter 27 . 10/6/2008
Yay! An update, at last! And so filled with detail and intrigue!

I'm very glad that the president supported IR in that very slanted, agenda-packing interview. It's nice that International Rescue has a few friends. Also enjoyed the scene with John in TB5. The details were lovely. :) Is Virgil writing novels, now? Or an artistic how-to book, perhaps?

It'll be interesting to see how Jeff and the boys handle someone else temporarily filling Gordon's spot, especially a guy whose orientation might make them uncomfortable. Courageous choice of topics, Tikatu. Good work, and here's hoping for a rapid update, if your National Novel Writer's Month muse lets you go for a bit.

Christine
Elsa J chapter 26 . 4/13/2008
This is very good writing and nice to see the whole family involved on some level. Alan and Tin Tin are sweet and I like Lou.

I dont think the last few chapters have been in character for Penny, using words like 'fag' and 'the old dear' (even if grandma was being sly) does not sit right.

I also dont think she would be demanding to know why Jeff cant love her, or what's Lou got the she hasn't and leaving herself open to the hurtful replies.

More likely she would adopt the stiff British upper lip and pretend it did not matter.

What's Virgil up to on his laptop
Math Girl chapter 26 . 11/4/2007
Looks like life just keeps right on getting more complicated for Jeff. One son getting married, another (and possibly John, as well) with serious second thoughts about staying with the family business, Penny taking a sabatical and the Hood up to wickedness in Unity City. On the bright side, at least Virgil and Parker appear to have patched things up... Good work, Tikatu, and wonderful to see another update. :)

susanmartha chapter 26 . 11/1/2007
Atlanta and Lee. Friends from Wasp, I assume?
Math Girl chapter 25 . 7/22/2007
Is Lou having second thoughts about staying on the island? Nice to see a bit more of Alan and TinTin, although things look like they may be heating up for poor Gordon, and I still feel bad for Penny. Maybe she'll come around to Virgil, huh?

Ship's Cat chapter 24 . 7/15/2007
Okay, I'm all caught up with reading Serendipity, Masquerade, and now up to the latest chapter of Overtures. In order to tie up all your plot lines you are going to need at least 30 more chapters. Goody! I'm looking forwards to reading everyone of them. My cat, CD, also sends greetings and a dead water rat as greetings to your cats.
Math Girl chapter 24 . 7/14/2007
A wonderful update, Tikatu. It was nice to learn a little more of Gordon's past, and his feelings about possibly stepping down for awhile to get a degree. The cats are always a lot of fun, too. I take it Gordon's never changed a pan? :)

Math Girl chapter 23 . 2/24/2007
Hi, Tikatu :)

Wonderful to read another update and to hear (even posthumously) from Lucy. That is a terribly underused character, and you write the daily ins and outs of marriage and motherhood beautifully. Good job!

Eternal Density chapter 23 . 2/13/2007
hooray, an update! (i have been enjoying the white winds but I like this series better)

quite an enjoyable chapter, though worrying in places :D