Reviews for Metaphysics
Becky O'Calahan chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
I like the Wilson/House relationship in this one. They're obviously best friends, but they don't...act like it? Flaunt it? Something along the lines of not making it known to the world.

I like Cuddy's taking in Wilson when he arrives at the ICU, and Wilson's reaction to House's condition. It all seems so real and believeable. :)
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Wow! How vivid! I really enjoyed reading this!

My favorite bit was "which was not as interesting as it should have been because the chair was an ancient geneticist whose stammer and skepticism rendered the topic nearly incomprehensible."
Z. Riley chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
I loved it! Very well done. I loved House's initial Jeopardy comment. I'm a huge fan of the "missing scene" sort of deal. Your vocabulary is enviable, and I have to admit, it's got me quite jealous.
Zombie Kitty chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
aw cute and clever - I would give you a standing ovation but its just after 3:30am, I'm feeling slightly mad, and I'm too lazy (and too pinned down by my cat) to get off the bed so I'm gonna just congratulate you and wander off to read more Wilsony fan fictions
domino.dice chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Oh... the angst... ;-; And Wilhouse, too. This story's just perfect~ Do continue
Z33 chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
oh man, I'll be looking forward to the next part of this for sure!
g chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
is this it or will there be another chapter?
extrabitter chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
PWCorgigirl, it's interesting that you cited those two lnes. Wilson greedily eating fruit on a balcony was the image I started the story with when I was writing the first draft. The prologue came in the second or third draft as a buffer for that image.

The disconnection bit was the last thing I added, about an hour before I posted. Originally the line read "House was still. House was never still." Honestly, I had forgotten that I cut that line, but I felt like it could be hard for a reader to get the intonation, so out it went.

REdSkyAtNight: Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad that you got a sense of character from Stacy and Cuddy's brief appearances, in particular. Most of my work with other people's characters never sees the light of day, since they are essentially etudes that allow me to work out one technique or another, but I have two stories in the works that may eventually be in shape to post.
PWCorgigirl chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
This is a brilliant, extraordinarily beautiful story. With the line "Why not have both?" you have found the key to Wilson's character - someone who is so giving and generous has a secret hedonistic streak.

Also the line about Greg looking as though he were in another world is wonderful. What a beautifully austere way of summing up all this to come.
RedSkyAtNight chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
This was a touching, poignant, story. Each character had depth and the way you wrote the friendship between the two was perfect. Keep up the good work.