Reviews for Snape never eats here, thank God
riverrat chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
I love your writing. How the characters are working everything around in their heads. Looking forward to the next one.
ReviewsGalore chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
The following is a graded review. Your fan fiction will be ranked in five categories on a 0-10 scale. This review is only the opinion of a single reader and you are free to disregard it if you wish. For more information, see my profile. Feel free to reply or to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Story: 8/10. The conflict that you present between these characters is very layered and fascinating, but I think you try to draw a little too much story out of this one short scene. The Snape chapter is already a very introspective, character driven one and to add Dumbledore and Sirius’ reactions to this incident stretches the reader’s attention span a bit far, I think.

Characters: 8.75/10. You write a great Snape. Bitter and unpleasant, but with some attractive qualities and yet he doesn’t seem at all like the suave fanon Snape that often gets tossed around. I was less impressed with Dumbledore and Sirius. They were in character, I just felt that you could have done a little more with them, showed some more introspection or something.

Creativity: 8.5/10. Snape fics are a dime a dozen, but there is something fresh about this one, if only the level of attention that you pay to the character.

Writing: 9/10. Your writing is strong and I especially like when you slip into an almost stream-of-consciousness type of style. Your dialogue is also very natural.

Believability: 9.25/10. There is something about the emotions in this piece that feel extremely true to the characters and I think that this is what gives it its believable feel. I also like how you don’t demonize any of the characters, but make us see things from their point of view.

Overall: 8.75/10. Good look at Snape and while I think the first chapter is the strongest, this fic is still well done.

Thanks for paying attention to my concerns and good luck in the future.

ReviewsGalore.
Vincent Severus Mycroft chapter 3 . 3/2/2009
Poor Snape. It's cool how you gave all the different perspectives, especially when you managed to use the same thoughts for some of them. Keep writing!
nevillesdashizz chapter 3 . 1/22/2009
Ugh. Your uglyness is showing, Sirius.
nevillesdashizz chapter 2 . 1/22/2009
God, Dumbledore was such a prick. Like, even in the series... because I mean, it was true! He used Snape like no other in some of the most painful ways...Poor Snapely. He really is such a lover. That was the touching, when Dumbledore explained that... and his treatment towards Neville and Harry.
RebeccaRoy chapter 3 . 4/29/2008
Some days I want to smack Sirius...
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Man Snape is messed up. Gee I wonder why that is?
snarky Beth chapter 3 . 1/21/2008
Poor Severus! He goes through so much and hardly anyone understands him. I love him so much! Some of Dumbledore's thoughts/comments were funny, while others were deep and sadedning. Sirius is a right bastard to poor Severus! I'm going to read some of your other stories tomorrow.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 3 . 6/12/2007
I'm doing what you suggested and reading your stories in chronological order. The only error I noticed is that in the second chapter you put 'If Snape had been the Fourth Marauder' - he would actually have been the 'Fifth Marauder' had he been sorted into Gryffindor. The contrasting points of view worked particularly well in this piece, well done.
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
My sister had recommended that I read this, and I can honestly say, I'm very happy that I did.

This is an extremely well written piece. Snape is one of my favorite characters to read about, but finding one worth reading is rare. I find that he is a difficult character to write, and the fact that people have so many different interpretations of his personality and overall demeanor only makes it harder.

I must say, however, that I thoroughly enjoyed your characterizations of everyone in this fic, not just Snape. The stream of consciousness is not easy to write, but yours was just fantastic. Great job.
SuGaRLiLy chapter 3 . 3/12/2007
Prieda Solo recommended that I take a look at your stories, and I'm glad that she did.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It was a breath of fresh air compared to all of the other Snape stories floating around out there. Your characterizations of Sirius, Albus, and, most especially Snape, were extremely accurate and believable. I like how you gave Snape more dimension by portraying him through three sets of "lenses" or points of view. The way you set this story up was very interesting.

Also, I've always been a fan of stream of consciousness writing, and I'm amazed by people who can write it, because I can't. This was great, and I will definitely be taking a look at the rest of your stories.
Prieda Solo chapter 3 . 2/28/2007
Wow, I love this. The characters are brillient, especially Snape. And Sirius. hey're just so real, too many snapes are either stupidly evil or unbelievably missunderstood and this one is great.

Sirius too. once again, you have got the character perfectly. And it looks like your profile has some more of these type of stories...

It's just a pity it didn't go on for a bit longer.
Mariag Brie chapter 3 . 1/30/2007
First of all: in one word this is great. Totally great. It's a drama fic but at some point I found myself smiling; it has a delicious style I have enjoyed since the first paragraphs. And the way you described Voldemort is awesome.

Greetings for the splendid work!

(Absolutely reading the sequels)
NajaMoonshadow chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
Poor severus...
Teresa3 chapter 3 . 8/16/2006
This was mean, sad and infuriating (I hope that's the rightwork).
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »