Reviews for evening of sevens
niffaith chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
Magical as the show itself. I like it better without names, because your descriptions are perfect and you just know it's them. Thank you.
thefearlesscherryblossom chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Oh my goodness. That was so lovely, sad, sweet, and beautifully subtle yet romantic enough to seize my heart. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I reached the end. This was so very well written. Ahiru and Fakir were characterized wonderfully, even without their names mentioned. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece.
fakir51 chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
ILOVETHISSTORY
Poppy chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Beautiful! I felt so sad and also so happy that they could be together if only for a short while.
seasaltmemories chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Beautiful, so many times I see people paint these two as a grand love story, but I feel like in the process the little details of their relationship are lost.

Here despite the lack of names, they were so real, so intimate. It really captured the relaxed quiet but deep nature of their relationship. The little teasing and insults but casual gestures of affection.

Just good job, I love this myth and I really think it suits them well.
Little Blue Owl chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
This is so sad and sweet, and written in a style only paralleled by the show itself. Thank you for writing this.
Keel chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
This was so beautiful, it hurts. My heart still feels like it's been cut. Thank you for the terrific writing.
songs chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Gorgeous. Heartbreaking. I just...ahhhh! Wonderful work!
Mooncatcher chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
This is absolutely beautiful. The writing is stark and gorgeous and lyrical and the images are so vivid and I can just feel their love conveyed through every little gesture and detail. Amazing work.
lokiwolf chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Really, really good, but I figure I'll offer a counterpoint to your other reviews. The lack of names. It sounds nice, and really does bring out the intimacy like you intended, but it also pulled me out of the story because you didn't even tag these two as the main characters, so the more blindingly obvious it got that they were Fakir and Ahiru after all (since it never was supposed to be secret, it's a pretty safe guess right from the start), the more I tensed up and read suspiciously, waiting for the 'twist' in which one or both of them were someone else. The way I ended up looking at it, the more emotional aspects of the second half just didn't hit me.

Like I say, this isn't a problem with the writing-the writing is sexy, sexy writing-just the fact that since it's no secret at all who our protagonists are, why not list their names under characters?

Er I hope this didn't come across negatively, but I don't really have anything positive to say that hasn't already been said-it's a damn good story.
Fahiru chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
...TT...
So, it's late at night, and I have to wake up in da wee smas to get my homework done... But really, when someone writes such a story can you really just read it carelessly without so much as a review?

This was beautiful.
I've heard the folk tale before(I feel a bit strange saying it, but it was the story told in the shadow theater in the latest Karate Kid movie with Jaden Smith, right? ) I already found the original rather sad, but...

Okay, I gotta break this down so I can get it right.

I really, REALLY liked the "not using names". You DID establish a very intimate relationship, yet they weren't a selfish couple. It's like, they brought out the best in each other and and were united as one, though they were still friendly to the people around them and didn't snub anyone, they were still the only characters in this story. I don't know if that makes any sense.

I really feel that in this intamacy, the writing had tenfold efficiency that many other authors have tried(and usually failed) to capture. I get the feeling that this was a very naturally written story that flows nicely and none of it felt forced. And that's saying a lot! I love subtle efficiency the most, so this is just the type of story that I'm always delighted to find when gold-panning through fan fictions. In this manner, I think that one shots are actually a very high form of art.

I wish that I could afford to take the time to analyze each and every part of this story, I really do...but since I can't, I will talk about my favorite part. When Ahiru disappears in the hedge maze. O.O Even though I knew that she was okay...Ah! I had such a deep rooted sense of panic, Fakia's reaction was beautiful! It's so hard to write a scene like that with out over-dramatizing it, but you did it! And man...for some reason, the description of the apple still on her lips... It gives such a relieving feeling that she's still REAL and she's still with him... It's just so beautifully done, I can't even say...

So now I'm left to feel rather inadequate as a writer, but don't worry about it. You really inspire me! This is the level of workmanship that I aspire to reach someday. Your story had the beauty and originality of Ikuko Itoh herself. And that's the highest compliment I can pay as this is my all time most very favorite anime.

Thank you.

-Fahiru
Claire chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Love this story. You write so beautifully.
soappy chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
So sweet, yet so sad.

It was honestly so intimate and beautiful.

I loved it.
ChipsPlease chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
There really are no other words for this fic other than beautiful. This is such a lovely, bittersweet fic and is one of the best ideas for the ending that I've seen.
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I'd just like to say, I don't know a single thing about Princess Tutu. Not one. So when I clicked on this, I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but I LOVE it to pieces. I think you've done a really good job with the Tanabata theme (which makes it relatable and accessible to people like me xD) and your writing style is simple, yet powerfully descriptive. A beautiful piece of fanfiction.

Thanks for writing!

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »