Reviews for wasting potential
Ashen Triskel chapter 2 . 9/7/2005
Interesting... and this is definite proof that Jaka is messed up, even for a drow. Oh well. He's still cool. I said so. Hmph.
Ashen Triskel chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
*winces* His aunt is a bitch and I wish to rip open her chest cavity with my bare fingernails and fill it with quicklime. Or sodium. Or arsenic. Or salt. Or lemon juice. Or some other substance that would ensure increased agony before her demise. Jaka is a very intelligent drow, too. He won't miss much, with his desire to observe everything. This gives me some background after reading Devil Takes Hindmost too. Too bad yellow eyes is supposed to be a sign of illness. I rather like the effect.
Lord Onisyr chapter 2 . 8/31/2005
This is a very fascinating look into the origins and background of a rather interesting character. I am rather impressed by the beginning paragraph involving Jaka and the lady (his mother?)especially how he fried her synapses. That was nicely done. I did feel bad for the kid, especially in the scene involving his aunt (though it was good to see other members of his family). I myself am not the hugest fan of action sequences, so I did skim over many parts of this (sorry) thought the meat and potatoes of the plot worked well. No wonder why he's screwed up.
deletethisreviewplease chapter 2 . 8/29/2005
Ep! Poor Jaka. You're very mean to that boy ;)
hakatri chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
I must admit that I didn't read this when you put it up the first time... but hey, we all deserve a second chance, don't we:)

This is a very good opportunity though to delve a bit deeper into the intriguing character you have (re)introduced. I mean hey, he wears his mother around his neck...disturbing, but very ...um drowlike.
Alzadea chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
Wow, I remember seeing this before, but didn't read it because I didn't really know any of the characters(stuck in my ways, I suppose). It's quite an interesting look at Jaka, poor, twisted little guy.I wonder if he will ever be right again after his adventure with Jarlaxle and Entreri? Anyway, thanks for re posting it.