Reviews for Blood Brothers
Lillkin chapter 5 . 7/14/2010
i love it! o actually squeaked at the end of the 3rd chapter ...srsly this stuff, your writting... its so addicting !

you write bloody well but there's still something bugging me about the plots, though for what i know its just your early stuff...i will eventually get to your newer things(couse i just cant stop :D ) and comment on that more extensively, if you want and if its still there ofc. anyway thanks so much for all this
WickedBlue chapter 5 . 5/17/2010
Oh it is sappy, but it's a perfectly good sappy. I really enjoyed reading it.

Hm, I don't think I've had yet to read a fic of you I didn't love.
montybird chapter 5 . 5/6/2010
I don't think it was a sappy ending at all! I really like how John and Rodney bonded and became closer through their ordeal. I also liked Sheppard's back story with his brother and Afghanistan. And the whump was great, too! :)
bria67 chapter 5 . 2/22/2010
Beautiful friendship story!:)

I loved the idea of John and Rodney becoming blood brothers.
Space1Traveler chapter 5 . 4/4/2008
You go ahead, you deserve to have one. Thanks for a good story.

My favorite part was of course: " McKay eyed him warily. "You doing okay?" Although Sheppard looked better than he had earlier, he still didn't exactly look good. He was still a little pale and seemed wobbly. "And don't say..."

"I'm good," they said in unison. They stopped moving and looked at one another before breaking out in laughter.

"Am I that predictable?" asked Sheppard, still smiling.

"Oh, you have no idea," replied McKay. "That in mind, how are you really?""

Really liked that. Thanks again!
donttouch chapter 5 . 2/27/2008
oh no! Poor Rodney!
donttouch chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Poor Sheppy :(
SkyHighFan chapter 3 . 10/6/2007
Ya know I had someone I didn't think of becoming Blood Brothers with until it was too late and in hindsight I'm greatfull. In my freshman and sophmore years of high school (I'm in my second year of college) my best friend and I were extremly close and I considered him like my brother. I knew everything about him, all his secrets (at least I think I did he never did seem to hold something back from me except maybe one thing that I recently found out from a mutual friend that could be joking as he seems to have a somewhat warped sense of humor) and I think at the time I would have liked to be blood brothers with him. Unfortunatly we had some kind of falling out (as in one day he stopped being my friend and I never found out why) and he turned on me. As time went on we became enemies (which is something I never wanted) and he pushed me (literaly not physicaly) to the limit and I began to fight back somewhat using tricks he taught me. He taught me too well and we pushed each other so far that he started to try to use physical force to defeat me. He first threw a chair at my head when I wasn't looking (thankfully I'm very preceptive and due to good reflexes I moved enough out of the way that it barley bumped my shoulder) and he ultimatly tried to take me by surprise and beat me up from behind. He succeded in surprising me and landing a hit in to the back of my head but I found out that I can take a hit and I barley even felt it. I blocked a few hits but didn't even bother fighting back. I've never really been in a fight before and I don't work out but I am pretty strong even then and I think I could have taken him out easily if I so chose but I didn't and a teacher walked in on it and that was the end of it. He hurt his fist trying to hit me hard enough to knock me out (it was extremly red and he had an ice pack on it later) and I ended up completly uninjured and got the rest of the day off (my parents wanted to take me to get my head checked out out of overprotectiveness even after the nurse told them it was fine but I managed to get out of that one thank god) and he got expelled a few hours later while I didn't even get a detention. I never saw him again and now I'm glad we didn't become blood brothers. I have a kid who's like my younger brother (and I'm like an older brother to him he's told me that himself) but he's so much younger than me (9 compared to 19, he's a son of my dad's friend and my sister used to be his babysitter so we kinda bonded like brothers) that I wouldn't even suggest it.
gabumon chapter 5 . 1/21/2007
hehe, the ending was funny, sheppard trying to back out. anyways, good story!
Kristen999 chapter 5 . 12/31/2006
Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your writing. I'm just getting into SGA fan fiction and you were an author recommended to me by a fellow writer who knows my taste. I always start with the older stories and work my way through and like a couple previous ones I enjoy your John and Rodney banter. Part of their friendship is that ability to needle the other, while always being there.

You captured their banter well, the sarcasm just another delightful part of their friendship. I do enjoy a good h/c story, as I'm a big fan of that type of bonding. I'm glad to see there are other writers who enjoy writing man, many stories involving a nice combination of drama, angst and humor. With this universe, it allows us to strength our imagination as well make some creative whump.

One thing Id like to mention is that it may be a good idea to get a beta to just re-read some of your work. There were some typos and general grammar mistakes which just needed a good polish, that kept it from flowing perfectly. I also suggest that you to keep to one person's POV in any scene instead of switching back and fourth within the same section..It can be jarring to jostle back and fourth between thoughts. A good rule of thumb is to put a line break at the end of a scene, then switch POV.

Just a few tips as I just try to help others as other authors have helped me in the past.

Take care and look forward to reading the rest of you extensive work later this week.

Kristen
canadagal chapter 5 . 8/12/2006
Great story. I really enjoyed the interaction with the two characters. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of work.
StargateJunkie chapter 5 . 7/30/2006
Well, that was another great story. :D I really enjoyed it. :)