Reviews for CSI: Death by Chocolate
cccahill18 chapter 12 . 12/4/2005
Yay, I'm glad you updated! Take your time . . . I'm usually a lot slower with my own fics! Loved the part where Wonka says people mistake him for Johnny Depp!

-Hannah
RB3 chapter 12 . 12/4/2005
I'm normally an anime/action/adventure writer, but this story really caught my interest. It's a true black comedy, funny yet kind of gruesome in how the victim died. While I'm only a casual fan of CSI and have only seen the Gene Wilder movie, this story is true to both. Keep up the good work.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 2 . 12/4/2005
Or did he mean

elocution, the art of public speaking in which gesture, vocal production, and delivery are emphasized? In which he would have been much closer to right (as an elocutionist) and everyone else quite wrong. Bah. I'm being stupid. Who cares?

I'm sure you know, so why do I define all of this? Whatever.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Oh, and allocution is actually only a formal and authoritative speech, an address. It could be in front of a court, I suppose, but Wonka (and Doris) were right in that form. Although, I suppose, Wonka wasn't exactly giving an address. Ah, well. That's that.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 12 . 12/4/2005
“Willy, please. Only safety inspectors, tax auditors, Jehovah’s Witnesses, telemarketers, Girl Scouts, and frustrated psychiatrists call me Mr. Wonka. Then there’s all the screaming young women who mistake me for Johnny Depp, though I can’t figure why…”

You must have had so much fun writing that line. I had a blast reading it (a first, second, third and fourth time. Make that fifth also). Your writing is so clever and so in character, it's terrific. I mean, it's terrific that your writing is good, although your writing is also terrific. So, um, take that either and both ways, if you like. Or neither, if you like. You can like whatever you like, being the author and therefore the . . . never mind.

There is a problem with Swiss chocolate, in that it tends to stay to hard. You can never seem to find the type that's hard on the outside and will melt in your mouth on the inside: it's all blocky. Still, it's very good chocolate, although it doesn't last long, and while it tends to have a much better after-taste than a lot of chocolates, that after-taste is also one of the fastest to fade.

Hornswoggle. Poor CSI people. Not to mention the whole switching thing. The back and forth between phases. But you know, from both the movie and your writing, I can kind of understand what's going on inside Wonka's head. And I liked how (was it in the previous chapter? Sorry, I reread that) you said that there was something else behind the childish irritation on Wonka's face, and that has made all the difference.

Okay, my entire review has been centered the CCF part of this story so far, but that's only fair because I know that 'verse better. But outside the factor . . . Mike Teevee, in a box? 80 pounds and 12 feet? He reminds me of that stretchy guy in the X-files. Sorry, digression. Anyway, you're definitely building some suspense there, and I can't wait to see it.

In short (and it would have been far easier and far less satisfactory to write this in the first place) an exellent job once again, please update soon, good luck with settling into your new place!
Ralindir chapter 11 . 12/3/2005
OMG, this is so great...pls pls pls continue this...

Krow
Reality chapter 11 . 12/2/2005
Wow...I did not expect to find a CSI/Wonka crossover, that's for sure. But it is exceptionally well-written...though I know more about the CSI universe than the Wonka movie (Depp version). You kept Grissom (The best crime scene investigator in the known world) true to character and even added a few emotions that he would typically not display in the show as uniquely his own. Wonka...is just weird...I don't know what to say about him yet. All the contestants are likely suspects in Charlie's murder...each has a motive...and I hope that you twist the ending of this fic in true CSI fashion. Something completely unexpected of course.

Bravo! I am definently faveing this.
dae chapter 11 . 11/12/2005
YAY! another update.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 11 . 11/12/2005
No, no, no, no, no! You can’t just stop it there! That is extremely cruel. You are such a wonderful writer, and Mssr. Wonka is so very in character! Alas, poor Charlie.

I am finding this story absolutely incredible. I admit that I am not very familiar with CSI, but your characterizations are so clear that I can understand the characters even with my ignorance. It's a bit of a shock to hear the Oompa Loompas talk, but I suppose they must. It's just that we never hear them any other time - in any book or movie, if I remember correctly. Odd.

Please, please update soon. I hope you are well; your writing certainly is. :D
cccahill18 chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
Aw, poor Wonka! I'm glad that him and Grissom are getting soemwhere, though. I bet that's a pretty amazing sight for Catherine . . . :)

-Hannah
Delcat chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
Clever, interesting, entertaining, in-character, and spell-checked to perfection? Oh, this is what crossovers are meant to be like. Well done. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Ouatic-7 chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
The Oompa-Loompas didn't sing! Of course, if I was writing this, they wouldn't sing either because I have no sense of meter.

“Well, of course I didn’t ship my waterfall – that would be silly. But I made up a little waterfall for Charlie to take along with him.” - Loved it.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 10 . 11/1/2005
Ooh! Please update, or poor, poor Mr. Wonka isn't going to be the only one crying. Oh. Your characterizations are too good, I think: I'm snuffling over here. No, Wonka, no!

(Although I can't see him telling her she's pretty: not really.)

Very, very well written, excellent.
dae chapter 10 . 10/22/2005
aw thats so sad. poor wonka. now im going to cry. please update soon
Wunderlust chapter 10 . 10/22/2005
Most pointless review ever...

Aw! ;.;