Reviews for Survivors
Bene Gesserit Witch chapter 3 . 8/22/2005
I cannot express how impressed I am with the quality of your writing. You POV shifts are smooth and clear. I see no problem with them at all. Your story continues to be brilliant and utterly captivating. Were it a book, I would not be able to put it down.
HeraBates chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
I liked Severus' internal discussion about House Elves and their humans. From the books it does seem that they are possessive (like Winky in GoF).

The trial shall be interesting. I am glad that they are to be given a chance to defend themselves from the words of Bellatrix, although like Hermione I know it won't be fun when the DA testifies.

I am a little surprised that Bellatrix doesn't "want" the kiss, although I can see her thinking if I'm going down I'm taking as many with me as possible.
jenonymous chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
Lucius Malfoy style pimp-cane! That is so funny! Of course Snape should have a cane that was a better weapon than a cane! On the other hand, the chapter is full of angst, and has succeeded in making me very uncomfortable about what is going to happen. Given your track record (two chapters at a time, bravo!), I hardly think I need to urge haste. Only let me assure you that continuing chapters will be greeted enthusiastically.
jenonymous chapter 3 . 8/22/2005
Don't let anyone give you a hard time about point of view changes. You deliniate them clearly even without dividers. I'm incredibly picky, and they didn't trouble me at all.

"a laugh of genuine amusement, rather than a sardonic little exercise in exhaled irony" is a delightful bit of poetry. I liked this chapter very much. Draco was well done; he tends to be either girlie or flatly evil, in the fandom, and I felt your treatment was believable. Onward to the next! Yee haw!
vanityfair chapter 3 . 8/22/2005
They worked this time and it was much much better. An excellent chapter.
Ann-MCN chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
This could have gone horribly angsty, and full of woe-is-me, but you are managing to deal with the physical and emotional problems that all these people have without wallowing in misery. I think Hermione's statement that they are broken, but still standing is so fitting.

Wryness, and detachment, and a little humor are very good spices to this story. And Winky is one of the better house elfs I've seen - I think a house elf with a good master would have that protectiveness.
jenonymous chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
Not a particularly original storyline, but I really like what you are doing with it, making it toe the canon line. It is well written, plausible, and interesting. I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.
pnaygurl chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
i luv this story it's sort of different from all of the other stories. i like how u keep them in their character. can't wait to read more
Bebopcowgirl222 chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
Excellent! Please update soon!
Ann-MCN chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
I like this take on what condition Snape would be in post-Voldemort in the HBP universe. Found this through a recommendation that Shiv5468 made
stillramona chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
What a wonderful start. This fic is a pleasure to read.
Deeble chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
This story is both amusing and deeply affecting - I was laughing in parts, but you actually brought me to tears at the end of the second chapter, and I rarely cry for fanfiction.

Excellent start. Excellent characterizations all round.
vanityfair chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
Very wonderful start. I can't wait to read the rest. My only complaint is that you shift POV midway through both chapters from Hermione to Severus and then back again quite abruptly. It would be great to see more of Snape's POV but the transition needs to be a little smoother. They way it is now is a little jarring, especially because it's only for a few sentences. But other than that, the characterizations are very believable. I haven't read too many post-HBP fics that I like but this is among them. Good work.
Kat8790 chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
Great chapter. Love the story.
jaaaaasmine chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
I didn't think there would be many post-HBP SSHG fanfics but this is the best one I've read so far. I can't imagine Sev without an eye though...

Maybe he should have a magic one like Mad-Eye. 'Mad-Eye Snape'. That could actually be quite catchy.

Lady Jasmine Snape