Reviews for Astonishing X Men: Black
XNorthstar chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
First of all dude.

"“I mean, sure, you’re mutant powers aren’t as glamorous as some of the other kids…but, I’m fairly certain your ability to sense incoming text messages could come in handy someday.” She said, trying to sound as serious as she could."

BEST MUTANT POWER EVER!

I'm liking this story so far, just one thing to say though. Emma Frost doesn't have an English accent, she's from Boston, not England.
CatLadyInTraining chapter 10 . 10/16/2005
If I were to make a criticism, it would be in the use of "..." as the only response in a spoken conversation, but as I was totally taken in by the story, it obviously didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Good characterization and grammar. Loved the action scenes, loved the tie-ins to the larger Marvel Universe in Spidey and S.H.I.E.L.D, and loved Emma's speech at the end. A very nice story.
Madripoor Rose chapter 10 . 10/15/2005
Excellent story. Loved this final chapter.
Nodnarb chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Hiya,

Rachel Summers... not quite sure what happend to her nowadays but please be aware that Jean Grey and Rachel Summers are seperate characters. Rachel Summers is a cosmic clone of Jean Grey which held the powers of the Phoenix, I don't know if she's active nowadays. Jean Grey is the original Marvel Girl who was in suspended animation through the Dark Phoenix Saga at the bottom of a lake but revived none-the-wiser if I remember correctly and is currently featured in the X-Men team. Other than that, a fabulous intro.

NodNarb
Luc Star chapter 10 . 10/14/2005
hey man.. great story.. freaking great last chapter. i'm putting you on my author alert list cause i know whatever comes out next will most probably be worth my attention. i loved the speech emma gave in the end.. and i'm also wondering if there is going to be a sequel as i'd very much like to know who was controlling scott. take care of yourself and keep the great fanfics coming.

ps. if you get the chance, pls check out my x-men evo/btvs crossover story Guardians at the gates of Hell. would appreciate any comments you may have. later.
Madripoor Rose chapter 9 . 10/3/2005
Good chapter. Nice action in the fight scenes, and I liked the way you described Emma's psychic exploration of false memories.
Luc Star chapter 9 . 10/3/2005
hey.. great chapter man.. and freaking great fight scene.. loved each and every second, or should i say word of it. hehe. and i actually have no clue who Gallio is. is that a original character or is that from canon. well.. i hope to learn more of this character next chapter. take care and keep up the great work.

ps. if you get the chance.. please check out my x-men evo/btvs crossover. would love to hear your thoughts on the story. thanks.
anhayla1 chapter 8 . 9/18/2005
I just remembered I had an account. duh.

Another great chapter! You handle all the changing characters and pov's masterfully. This was a great installment, and not just becasue of the Kitty/Peter interaction. LOL! The "geriatric villians" out for one last hurrah storyline is entertaining and original.

The Derrick storyline has all my attention. I found myself going back through the chapters looking for clues. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next. Hope you post again soon! :)
Luc Star chapter 8 . 9/16/2005
heheh... ok.. not much happening in this chapter.. so i guess all i'm gonna say is i can't wait for the next chapter. take care man... and keep up the good work.
Madripoor Rose chapter 7 . 9/11/2005
Another great chapter. You're really juggling a big cast of characters well, the transitions between storylines is smooth. Liked Tony's conversation with Piotr about the ordinary bystanders, just like us. Good job.
Anhayla chapter 7 . 9/11/2005
Hey, that was a great chapter! I liked the cameos by the other New York heroes, especially Spidey. The Spiderman/Wolverine bit was funny. :)

I also liked that way the other teams were friendly and helpful. I hate it when they are suspicious of the X-Men. It's nice that they are pitching in and helping out instead of hurling recriminations.

So, Kitty couldn't feel the wound because of something Sue did? Or is it something more ominous than that? I can't help it, I've wanted to be Kitty Pryde since I was twelve. LOL!

Anyway, great story! I know you said you wouldn't, but I'm still hoping for some Kitty/Peter shippiness. *grin*
Luc Star chapter 7 . 9/10/2005
hehe.. oh man.. that spider-man wolverine part was damn funny.. hehe... and is Hank really gay? man... i don't buy my regular X-Men comics for about a year and miss out on all the interesting developments. and kitty is right to think Mrs Fantastic is great... she was portrayed by Jessica Alba man... who the hell wouldn't like her? hehe. well... i still can't figure out what's with the Derrick situation... hopefully you'll be shedding some light on the entire situation very soon. anyways... take care and please keep up the good work.
Anhayla chapter 6 . 9/6/2005
Wow, I just discovered this story and I was sucked right in. Your characterization is engaging and the pacing of the story moves right along. You don't get mired down in the story. I read through the whole thing and you left me wanting more. I think I know who the "bad guy" is, but I'm fully expecting a curve ball. I can't wait! If the next chapter is the the end, I really hope that you decide to continue with more X-Men stories, this is my favorite team. :)
Luc Star chapter 6 . 9/5/2005
ok.. this is one of the best stories that i have read in some time now... i love the fact that there are going to be a few more heroes assisting the X-Men at this time. and i really can't wait to read the next chapter... so be kind and update asap.
Madripoor Rose chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Ooh, another chapter of great action. Superhero group therapy next? That sounds interesting, heh.