Reviews for Had I Known
gginsc chapter 50 . 10/8
Yet again Dumbledork gets away with everything! You are a fantastic writer but I hate it when Dumbles isn't punished.
MissBecca chapter 50 . 9/29
Hey Kayly,
I just finished your story for the second time in two month and it's by far the best and at the same time saddest fanfiction I ever read. I love your Snape, who stays in his character all the time, with his dour demeanor and odd humor and I love your Harry, who is so different but really interesting. And I really enjoyed the slow journey Snape made in understanding Harry Potter.
Until the last few chapters I was sure, Harry would die. It would habe been a suitable ending for the sad life you gave him and it would have given the story even more seriousness. I'm nerveertheless glad he survived. It was much easyer to read this story for the second time with the knowledge, that Harrys whole suffering finally comes to a good end.
Thank you very much for your amazing work,
Becca
FYI: most of your punctuation is either wrong or missing.
HermioneIncarnate chapter 50 . 9/21
Wow. This is an epic feat. You’ve woven a tale of incredible resiliency. It’s one of the best Harry Potter stories have had the privilege to read. Thank you for sharing this.
Sparkiebunny chapter 50 . 9/18
Words cannot describe how riveted to this story I was, start to finish. More than one tear was shed. This was by far one of the best, most in-character, thought-out, and emotionally engaging stories I’ve ever read, HP or otherwise. You have a true gift for writing, thank you for sharing it with the world.
Kikise chapter 50 . 9/16
it was a beautiful story, I read it in record time, it was sad, but it was heartwarming also... I love it
jazzpawz918 chapter 50 . 9/15
While I love fanfiction, ESPECIALLY Harry Potter fanfiction, I don't normally review. This fic, however, is truly amazing. I'm an avid reader, and most of what I read is pretty lighthearted. Romance and fantasy mostly, and books that make me laugh. But when people ask me what my favorite books are, I end up thinking of books like The Poisonwood Bible or The Book Thief. These are books that have the ability to evoke powerful emotions from me - awe, shock, grief, amazement. These are the books that I think of over and over again.

Fanfiction doesn't normally have that effect on me, but this one did. I read it all in one sitting, and I'm not ashamed to say that I cried all the way through the last ten chapters or so. From the beginning, it hooked my emotions. Sadness over the parts from canon, told from a new perspective. Dread, as each memory got worse and worse. Heartbreak over his capture and torture. And then the climax: shock, horror, devastation. The scene surrounding Voldemort's defeat felt almost physically painful it was so vivid.

It's possible that this review just makes me sound like a nutjob that gets WAY too invested in fictional characters (probably a fair assessment). But I hope it also conveys how truly phenomenal this writing and story arc is. This is, for better or worse, a story that will stay with me a very long time. I'm grateful that I was able to read it.
SN chapter 1 . 8/3
Yayayayayayayayayay! I've spent the better part of my week looking for this story, it's one of my favourites. My favourite part is with the vampires, anyway so love this story and I can't wait to read it again. It was written beautifully. :)
Stunning. Absolutely stunning.
That's one hell of a grown up Harry.
Hermione. Sweet, brave Hermione.
Such an original and enjoyable story.
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. You're brilliant!
ALlAS chapter 47 . 7/8
Damn. It cried so much in the 47th chapter.
Joe Oudeis chapter 50 . 7/2
Finally a good Snape/Harry story without slash or mentoring/adopting. I like those but after some time they really become repetitive. This one though is unique, mostly because of the characters. During the journey through the memories there happens not much unexpected, and I am not even sure if I will remember the more unusual oc after some time (although I did like Ayda and Shadow), but you're one of the few writers who made me hate Dumbeldore's guts. Most of the time Dumble's bashing is very predictable and (at least in my opinion) not very canon compliant or at least the authors aren't explaining there reasoning very well. But here it was done differently and slowly and as Snape's view of Dumbledore shifts so does that one of the reader. I also liked the calm and mature Harry and how you made him slowly but steadily break without rushing things. And the fact, that he truly was the hero and that even Snape, after some time, was able to accept this. I am still not sure if the title is referring to "Had I known how Harry truly was" or "Had I known how Dumbledore truly was" but I guess it doesn't matter.
sahar.r chapter 50 . 6/25
You should have labeled this "tragedy", not just drama & angst. The story was even more tragic than some Greek mythology, depressing (although well done) through and through.
jaron5 chapter 33 . 6/7
Yo how can Harry sit on comfy chairs in 12 and open cupboards in his memories. This ain't possible.
jaron5 chapter 32 . 6/7
Potter was so much easier to handle with his mad druid and his bipolar vampire near.

Ahahaha
(Why in the world would you choose to write such dark things? You had a choice, and you chose to bring this into the world?)
4,845 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »