Reviews for Had I Known
HermioneIncarnate chapter 50 . 10/29
I’ve read this story twice and was deeply moved each time. It’s a gritty, humbling, emotional journey. Thank you for writing and for sharing.
duke girl chapter 12 . 10/9
It doesn't show! I read this story what seems like another life ago. I wanted to find it again but had inconveniently forgotten your name and the title. Today I was in the mood for something new and just stumbled over it. Funny how things often work like that. This is just as good as I remember.
DJArla chapter 50 . 10/4
Wow. Despite this being (as you promised) quite dark, it was a fascinating read. I must admit their were chapters I skimmed over and tried not to picture, but overall you wove a tale of incredible courage, resilience and healing. The characters development was spot on and felt so real. Thank you for sharing this story
mjfanf chapter 50 . 7/19
luv this /33
.Ever!
This is an awe inspiring work. The characterizations are just amazing.
I’ve read a lot of fanfic and never encountered this story before, I’m sorry to say. Your writing is impressive and I’m hooked!
ellenara212 chapter 50 . 5/4
This is wonderful - thank you so much!
Rybourne chapter 50 . 4/14
Kayly -
I have no idea if you check this account any longer; Neither AO3 nor here has been updated in almost 10 years. All I wish to draw attention to is how much I admire your writing. Both 'Had I known' and 'When a Lioness Fights' are stories I have read again, again, and again. Your plot and character development along with your writing style are impressive (particularly considering the distractions of everyday life). I read this and Lioness while you were dealing with your husband's illness and could not fathom how you soldiered through creating something for other people when struggling so much in your personal life. These stories are inspiring, engaging, and truly incredible. This leads to my undeserved request: if possible could you email me copies of both 'Had I Known' and 'When a Lioness Fights'? I'm terrified that I will lose access to these amazing stories and it is not possible to download copies of them from . I know you planned on adding them to AO3 but cannot find them there. I would hate to lose access to theses stories if the servers or websites change as have so many over the last ten years. It is an unfair request, because you cannot be sure of my intentions, but I would be forever grateful if you granted it. Again, I sincerely appreciate your writing style, skill, and creation. Thank you for experimenting in the world of Harry Potter.
-Ry
thatemomathkid chapter 1 . 3/28
This story had me hooked and in tears. Wow. Thank you for writing and sharing!
tahminax chapter 3 . 3/13
Brilliant! Even I don't know whether to be amused or horrified at the context.
ijen524 chapter 50 . 3/5
I laughed I cried and most of all I am spellbound by this absolutely amazing fanfiction. There are no words to do it justice. The levity and the raw emotions you invoke from your readers. Hats off to you!
cerulean369 chapter 50 . 2/13
Simply put, this was beautiful. I can’t express how heartfelt this story words with my mere inadequate sentences. All I can properly say is, thank you so much for writing and sharing this story. :)
Aurelian16 chapter 50 . 2/9
AGGGGGHHHHH! Okay, I've been binge-reading this story like crazy for the past few days. I loved every bit of it. The set up with Harry's disease was brilliant and so was the way you progressed with the memories. Snape's reactions felt so real, and there were many parts that had my gut wrenching. I'm completely unashamed to admit to the tears on my face after Ron died, and Hermione's final moments were equally shattering. The characterization of Harry himself was jarring and fascinating, and seeing him evolve in Snape's eyes was a wonderful, though harrowing experience, considering the hell it took to make it happen. Dumbledore. I wanted to stab him several times over, and I sobbed while reading his canon death, so good job developing everything that made me uneasy about him into a delightful monster in here. The reveal about him sending Ron and Hermione to their deaths was devastating and yet unsurprising (definitely not a criticism). I love how you wrote everyone in here. My favorite original character of yours was definitely Shadow. What can I say, I'm a sucker for found parental figures with an overprotective streak. Ayda also won my heart sooner than I anticipated. All in all, I don't think I could possibly list everything I love about this fic before reaching the same age as Dumbledore, so my final note is that I hope you're really proud of what you've done here. I can't wait to go see if you have any other jewels on this site. I'd probably die of happiness if there was a little ficlet of Shadow's adventures with Harry either before or after this story (hint, hint? Haha I know it's been years). Thank you so much for writing this. You gave me many hours of joy and an excellent excuse to avoid math homework. I hope you're doing well these days :)
LarinaRichards chapter 50 . 1/19
I read this through years ago, and have recently come back to my old favourites, and again, this was one I remembered, and said to myself... I'll just read the first chapter to remind myself. its too sad to read the whole thing, it made me cry. 2 days later, unable to put it down, despite the horror, and the angst, finally finished so i can get the happy ending. I both love you and hate you. Which is the sign of a very good writer i find!
4,925 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »