Reviews for Had I Known
Guest chapter 49 . 9/13/2018
Not just the chapter-but the whole story arc-is a marvelous joining of Rowling's characters and a possible future beyond the series. A bit rosy for all the gore that went before, but well done. Kudos!
ITC chapter 50 . 9/7/2018
Wow, just wow.
Anna chapter 50 . 9/2/2018
Thank you for writing this.
Mila Pink chapter 50 . 8/26/2018
I liked a quite this story. It was intense, beautiful and so hard to reading.
Guest chapter 50 . 8/23/2018
Finally finished it and it was worth it, every single chapter was worth it.
rqnBq3ptet chapter 26 . 7/10/2018
dang i hate dumbledore so much
Animago chapter 7 . 7/5/2018
Cara... Nunca ouvi tantas verdades!
Animago chapter 4 . 7/5/2018
Ha! Adorei! Poderia ficar dias e semanas lendo nessa comunidade "poções e bufos". Tem fanfics incriveis!
Animago chapter 2 . 7/5/2018
Ai cara... Estou começando a me arrepender por não ser snarry...
Animago chapter 1 . 7/5/2018
Eu não queria ler mas sua eloquência e humor me fizeram ficar. Parabéns pela talento natural e envolvente!
Sungaya chapter 1 . 6/28/2018
HiI just reread your story once again and wanted to tell you that it's absolutely brilliant!
I really love your characters and their interactions as well as the entire fascinating storyline that never gets boring!
Kind regards,
Sungaya
NatashaJaniphil chapter 50 . 6/24/2018
I. Loved. This. Story.
Seriously, you have got to be working magic with your words. The plot was brilliant, and the flow was perfect. Your descriptions aren't too many or too less, and add a nice flavour to the story. I loved the way you portrayed Snape! And Harry was fantastic, confusing the hell out of Snape every two seconds in the beginning. Even though I dislike Dumbledore bashing, this is going on my favourites list, for sure.
Guest chapter 50 . 6/19/2018
Fascinatingly beautifully painful. Intricately broadly startling. A fine, clever, precocious, shy, precious work of intelligent art.

In other words, enrichingly, beautifically harrowing. Heart-rending. Stunning. Wild. Timid. All-encompassing.

An absolutely unbreakably, timeless and tender piece.
MazzyStarShip chapter 49 . 5/20/2018
It's a good story, and I'm glad I read it. Apart from the implausibility of an illness that can literally undo time, it was a very well-told and articulate story. The only real weakness is that the catharsis of this story is a whimper, not a bang. There is no justice here, and the bad guys didn't get their just rewards.

I suspect your response would be 'That's the whole point. This is what suffering looks like in real life and the world isn't fair.' I agree. I love the literary references you've used throughout, all of which are musings on the fragility and existential horror of real life. Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, as the man would say.

The problem is that your story wasn't aiming for that kind of realism. The angst built and built and built until it was ready to explode; the suffering that Harry went through was so exaggerated and catastrophic that only an equally powerful catharsis could balance the story. When your story *revels* in angst to the point of sadism, you must also lets your readers *revel* in the relief of, if not a happy ending, then some sort of justice. If we must stare into the abyss, you must also let us laugh at kittens (or Luna). Otherwise the emotional impact of the story is like getting hit with a truck made out of pure nihilism, and I say that as a nihilist.

Anyway, I hope you don't take any of this as an insult. It's meant in a spirit of constructive criticism and even admiration. You're clearly an intelligent, articulate author, which is rare in fanfiction. I apologize for not putting as much emphasis on what the story does really well, which is almost everything. It's just that most people don't read fanfiction to understand the bleak profundity of Yeats or Eliot. We do it because it's a wonderful escape from that.

Best of luck. I'd love to read more of your stories.
MazzyStarShip chapter 47 . 5/20/2018