Reviews for If I should die before we wake
NinaJansen chapter 17 . 12/14/2012
I just love this saga!
brolly501 chapter 17 . 2/16/2009
good story still liked the first one more though
David Fishwick chapter 17 . 7/5/2008
Cool idea and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for writing.
ozma914 chapter 17 . 3/23/2006
there you are again, the master of the cliffhanger, reveling in your control over the reader. :-) Well, lead on - we're right here with you! Not only do you handle the characters well, you're doing a great job of plotting.
marjenna chapter 17 . 3/14/2006
Thanks for letting us know how it ended. The end is not totally abrupt, since you did some dovetailing with A Child Shall Lead Them. I like your take on the balance demons as self-serving power trippers.
Culf chapter 16 . 2/16/2006
I've read your story DH, and I spent most of yesterday reading this one. I love it. You're a talented writer, and write interesting characters. I think it's sad that Spike and Illyria aren't connected anymore. I liked how someone, for once, wanted to protect Spike, both from pysical and emotional pain. He hasn't had to many who cares, has he?
ozma914 chapter 16 . 2/15/2006
Great action scene. And, of course - nice cliffhanger! Gr...
ozma914 chapter 15 . 2/15/2006
For some reason, I smiled all the way through Illyria's phone conversation with Dawn. It showed off her combination of humanity and goddessness so well.
J chapter 16 . 2/14/2006
This was a FANTASTIC chapter.

Andrew really shone! Especially in the last part.

Loved the momentary dialogue about why the illusion didn't trick Boris, that was great. Then followed up with ' as he ran by, he punched Andrew'.

Good for you for exploring the 'balance' theme. Not quite sure I got it completely, but semi-vague philosophy is currency in the Jossverse.

Also loved the Dana dialogue. Good for revealing the character of all 3 involved. I for one still think Spike should have kept it, but now I get it, and its certainly an interesting development, and I like Danas reasoning for it.

This chapter really shone.
ozma914 chapter 13 . 2/10/2006
“Dude, you slapped me!” *grin*

Nice to see Clem. But now that we know about the balance demon, they surely did screw the pooch on their plan, didn't they?
J chapter 15 . 2/9/2006
Your Illyria is turning into a fascinating character with all that Spike rubbing off on her. A well-done chapter. Good exploration of the balance demon mentality, although still don't get why good winning is so bad.
ozma914 chapter 11 . 2/9/2006
Illyria with the tears ... probably the most powerful moment of the whole chapter, although that moment with Spike and Dana was a close second.
ozma914 chapter 10 . 2/8/2006
Yow! Those cliffhangers are coming a mile a minute, and without warning. It's like getting whipped around by a roller coaster.

“You guys think in twisty sideways thoughts that nobody else gets, you know that, right?”

I think that line could refer to the writer!
ozma914 chapter 9 . 2/8/2006
Another great cliffhanger.

I love the way you set up the subtext in this story, relying on the readers to pick it out rather than spelling it out to them. That can be overdone, but in this case, with these characters who tend not to say what's in their heart, it's just perfect.
Ivan.K chapter 14 . 2/7/2006
Well she finally says she's in love with him, at least thats a start.

Hope you write more soon.