Reviews for Choices
crusincloud chapter 7 . 12/31/2017
Okay what. Years later and i still want to kniw what ranmas decision is..
Shyguy1 chapter 7 . 9/25/2017
This is a good story. Well written. The best word I could use to describe it would be "intense".

I saw a review of it that described the characterization as "less and more" and I can't help but agree. I think, you've boiled these characters down. Cut away the detritus and come to the center of them.

I'm anxious to see the rest. You created such a life like patch work of characters and events that I find I am emotionally invested in the outcome. Despite it being fiction, i know that I will feel a profound sense of relief at least at getting closure.

To those who are thinking of reading this, be warned. It it's a fantastic work and must be read to the end to be fully understood. No half measures.
Ro0w'z chapter 4 . 9/19/2017
A estas alturas de la historia ( me gustaron mucho los primeros capítulos) pues la historia es muy repetitiva, dices la misma información en varios párrafos con diferentes palabras, y a la larga es muy frustrante y Ranma cambia de opinión y vuelve a la original en todas estas cosas que describes que ea abrumador ... Tenia que decirlo
Ro0w'z chapter 1 . 9/18/2017
Oh my gosh, esto es s bueno muy muy bueno!
Moonstone Spoon chapter 7 . 2/16/2017
What a shame this was never completed.
tacaloking chapter 2 . 7/21/2016
i found this many years ago and this has been one of my favorite fanfictions ever since and i read hundreds of fanfiction for the series i reread this so many times i lost tract of how times i came back to this you suck a great job with emotions and giving detail and i really like that ranma has to piece together what happen i hope i do think that ranma keeping the baby would fit the story better but i seen to many good storys ruin because the writer was worried about pleasing there readers so i say decide for yourself on what you want to do because there a good chance either option might make the readers not happy so go your own path and let the fans decide for themselves if there happy or not i hope one day you will continue because if a story can be updated after being untouched since 2001 i can always hope one day you will come back and continue your story
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2016
So they have a fight.
They yell insults at each other and one thinks she can't win so resorts to physical violence.
When this is answered in kind it is apparently unforgivable.
Lording your strength over your spouse is not a good way to behave in a relationship.
But Ranma never did, even though Akane did.
You can argue that it did not really hurt Ranma when he was hit but in the same vein insulting doesn't hurt either.
Apparently it was wrong for Ranma to hit Ryuta during a fight because he's weaker.
But it is okay to hit someone stronger like Akane does Ranma?

A fight starts with words. Certain topics are a step too far.
These topics should be avoided unless you are prepared for vengeance, either physical or at a later date.
Generally if you are weaker you wait for a more opportune time, the stronger person will probably hit you.

Questioning Ranma's sexuality after dumping cold 'water' over him is a step too far.
So Ranma resorted to violence.
Calling Akane a bitch, or any other name (if your name is Ranma) then you probably get hit.
Is it that Akane doesn't want to be the weaker person in the relationship?
Is that all there is to it?
It seems like that...

Thank you for writing this.
fireball900 chapter 7 . 11/1/2015
Dammit, this was a brilliant piece of writing, and you even started the ending.
*WHY* did you have to abandon it?

9/10 for that.

... If you ever finish it I'll give you a 10/10 review!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/12/2014
Update
shugokage chapter 7 . 9/29/2013
Dark but interesting story!
JCariveau chapter 7 . 7/22/2013
very good story... so wish i could read the rest. curious where the baby is while boy-type too, you know, wrong equipment and all... this sounds like a great bonding experiance for my favorite couple, and in my opinion Akane could say that she used instant boy-water... probably not work for what you have in mind... but it would keep the comments at school down, especially with Ranma-chan only a couple weeks along...

anyway, just really would love the rest of the story ;)
Nemrut chapter 7 . 3/22/2013
This is a rather well written story and really interesting but it is also extremely unpleasant at the same time. Depressing, heavy and really mean-spirited to such a degree that there is really no joy that comes from reading it and that is fine, some stories are like that and one can tell that this effect was what you were aiming for.

Of all the stuff that has happened here, I do think Ryouga's characterisation suffered a bit, because I think he would have reacted differently. Angrier, more raw, but also with guilt. Guilt for essentially striking a pregnant person and endangering the life of a child. but I would also expect him to beat Ranma up really hard after hearing what had happened, for the same reason as you had in your story. So, weirdly, I think he reacted less and more at the same time.

As to the abortion stuff now, that is always a heavy topic and people have different opinions on the matter and I am uncertain whether that can be discussed adequately in a story like this, since there are only personal steps one can take and no real solution. Everyone should have the right to decide, of course, but whether they do or not really is not an answer of right or wrong but rather a personal decision.

In that regard, I am interested to see how this turns up, Ranma leaving the school was one of the more intense scenes I have recently read and I do believe that Ranma was well within his rights to start beating people up, and make things much worse with that.

As to the pregnancy, not going to argue what makes sense or not seeing that this is Ranma after all, but I always figured that turning male would kill the baby, since there are no female body parts when he is a male, thus noplace for the baby to be. Then again, makes as much sense as everything else, just a personal preference.

But yeah, good work but while I will eagerly await an update, doubt I will ever reread this story unless a really melancholy mood takes me. Thank you for sharing this.
Zhor chapter 3 . 11/27/2012
...W...T...F. Why is Akane getting so much showtime and being treated as a 'victim'!? Good lord...as for Ranma, is he a total masochist? The slightest word of "Oh, I only 'mostly' hate you!" from the girl and he quietly crawls back? Why is Ranma being torn into so much? He should stand up for himself and take a stand on his own two feet! Where is the resolve!? "Oh, he betrayed me by squeezing my wrist after I punched him in the face and grabbed him! He must be a monster, since he did that to a female!" Pfff...Double standards are really screwed up! As for the rape thing...eh... Anyway, well written story' but really am disliking the emotional-devestation plot-focus and the apparent railroading back to an abusive relationship with Akane. Ranma deserves better, but maybe I'm just a fan of happy endings...
Zhor chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
That...is a really f'ed up situation for Ranma. Akane was a totally evil monster to him and 'he' is painted as the bad-guy by everyone. The girl is expected to punch him in the face and scream at him constantly, but if the guy raises his voice or forces her hand off him? Worst double-standard around and sadly seen in reality. Then Ranma is unknowingly 'RAPED' and Akane 'KNOWS' it and doesn't say a word, while STILL pretending Ranma is evil? Everyone at the school is taking her bull account as gospel? That heartless, vile, evil little monster! Why in the name of all that is holy, is Ranma so hung up on the girl?! Gah! I hope the next chapters go in a more positive direction for him. Akane deserves to BURN.
JohnStang chapter 6 . 10/30/2012
Will you please give me a link to your website that has your fanfiction posted. You gave a like to your blog but not to the site itself which is different.