Reviews for Reserved For Two
pstibbons chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
Best line: You’d kill me if I cheated on you. Or worse, break up with me.”

I'm surprised I'm not pissed off by the idea of a bad Sam... it's because she's with Jack, I guess. Any Sam who could choose a Jack over a Dan isn't worth much as a human.
missuniverse93 chapter 2 . 8/27/2005
I like this! The whole thing seems believeable and even though Carter isn't true to the character, I can sitll see her acting like that, in a way. You gotta keep going cause this is really cute
Chasing Liquor chapter 2 . 8/25/2005
Loving this. Absolutely loving it. Do keep writing.
sgafan33 chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Sorry this is with the wrong chapter, but I can't post twice for chapt 2. You wrote Zelenka when you were talking about medical reports. Dr. Radek Zelenka is an engineer who works closely with Rodney. On the show it looks like he's Rodney's second in command of the science teams. I think you meant Dr. Carson Beckett when you wrote about the medical reports.
sgafan33 chapter 2 . 8/24/2005
I like cute, nervous Rodney. Excellent tag for Duet. You seem to have Rodney's voice and you made Katie a believable character. Everyone else seems to be an AU version. Your Carter is just so, uh, un-Carter-ish. Still a good story.

I think this needs to be changed: "He got plenty of crap because he had no respect for women,"

Rodney does respect women, at least the Rodney on the show does. Look how he treats Teyla and Elizabeth. It may "seem" he doesn't have respect for women, we've seen scenes where he's yelling at female scientists. But that's because he doesn't have a double standard when it comes to treating people. He berates you whether you're male or female. Stupidity knows no gender and Rodney hates stupid. Which for Rodney is most people.

It's funny to think of Teyla as a gossip. Teyla is a diplomat. She knows how to keep things to herself. Now, John on the other hand... Can't you just see his eyes light up if he was the one to spread the news?

I'm sorry you didn't write in the close relationship John and Rodney have on the show. It would've been nice for Rodney to have a male friend to talk to. You didn't write in Carson yet. Maybe the good doctor could be his friend?
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 2 . 8/24/2005
I was so glad when I saw this had another chapter!

Go Katie! bitchslapping Sam from a different galaxy. I liked how Rodney has been happy and changed a little by Katie, she's so good to him, and he to her (especially when he pushed Sam off and then in the lab)

I loved the whole fic, well done.
fififolle chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
I enjoyed reading this. I almost died when Rodney made his slip up! And the end part was cute and warm, so thanks.
nlgatefan chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
I really enjoyed this story - you write Rodney very well. On the show, he is always so focused on his work - I suspect that although he likes women, he's always just been more comfortable with his computers; they are, after all, much more predictable than a woman - any woman - would be. I enjoyed the way you had Katie drawing him out a bit - this part of the story is exactly what I think Rodney's first "date" with Katie would be like, less Cadman's interventions and Carson's presence. Although there were a few errors (words left out here and there, a few grammar issues), I found this to be a very sweet story and an enjoyable read. (And yes, I am a Sam-Jack shipper in the SG-1 universe!)
gatepirate61 chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
i like the story, and its very well written, even if i have a certain loathing for mckay... but since i dont get cable, could you possibly tell me what happened with sam and jack? so far at least? im completely in the dark up til season 8. i bought the DVD's, but otherwise i have no clue. i always thought sam/dan would make a way better couple, but i still wanna see how it'll turn out with sam/jack. i mean, i'll b majorly pissed if after all this leading up to it, they do nothing. that would suk. unless sam and dan get together...then its fine! ;) please write back and tell me! i love ur stories!

beth
Alby chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
That was so cute! I loved it so much, you created Katie well for such a short time sh was in the show. I'd love to read more because I doubt the TPTB will ever actually mention it again. I like the way you created Carter aswell so she wasnt just a little miss perfect because I really do think she has a dark side to her character! Please write more, because I really enjoyed this.

albs