Reviews for Person's Unknown
Bob Schwartz chapter 26 . 11/9/2014
Holy shit.

You know, I rediscovered tvtropes' fanficrecs section today, and in a fit of nostalgia, I decided to scroll through the Fire Emblem stuff. I found this, and yes. Yes, I remember this. Best Fire Emblem fanfic to date - now I have to reread it.

Gosh, what a time. It's a shame it was never finished, but thanks for posting the endgame character summaries.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
Sure. RandR.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 3 . 7/3/2014
What comes up...
Zues Killer Productions chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
When you realize I just made all my ocs take vacation...

$5 says X is Lucien from "Asleep"
Guest chapter 26 . 8/4/2013
Damn you why couldnt X and Lyn have ended up together
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 26 . 11/26/2012
That was really good!
All I can say is WOW!
Hyralc chapter 26 . 2/18/2011
DARN IT! This sucks! I was looking forward to seeing this finished. Sigh.
Cyberchao X chapter 26 . 10/12/2010
Well, this was...unexpected. I was overjoyed when I saw this fic come up in the subject line of my alert, but upon seeing this abrupt end, I was disappointed. I'm at least glad that you cleared up the mystery surrounding X, but this really is kind of anticlimactic.
Gunlord500 chapter 26 . 10/9/2010
Man, this is an old-school story! It's been a while since I saw you last...I think I remember you! any case, it's nice to see an author of your presence return, even for a lil' while. Although I've been remiss about reviewin this, I'd just like you to know that you've really accomplished a lot with this fic, and you should be proud of it! Believe me, I understand...m'self, I'm not as big on Fire Emblem as I used to be, and by the time I'm done with my own big Renault fanfic I'll prolly be done with fanfiction as a whole, too. Now, that won't be for a while, but still XD So I just wanted to let you know I understand, and I'm grateful for all the work you gave to us in the FE fandom. Good luck on your future ventures, my friend! :D
Kyuuketsuki Fang chapter 25 . 3/26/2009
you sure were descriptive in some parts, considering that i think YOU ARE A GUY! serra always calls you 'he'...anyway, nice story update soon
Cyberchao X chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Just been re-reading this, and caught something interesting that I'd missed first time around in Chapter 7. References to Bramimond...Unfortunately, this was the only chapter I hadn't reviewed yet...
Knives91 chapter 25 . 6/21/2008
...that was cruel... not even funny amounts of it either... dude, you got owned by your own muses... ouch...

Good stuff. More please.
Cyberchao X chapter 25 . 6/13/2008
Geez, it's been so long...luckily I remembered as soon as I saw that title go up on my alert screen, "THIS IS HIGH PRIORITY!" *laughs* Didn't even know which topic I was going to be returning to. I just remembered that I'd been waiting for the next chapter of Person's Unknown, and now it's here. And it's good.
Wolt chapter 25 . 6/12/2008
I will be blunt and get straight to the point.

This character killing has really, really got to stop. You just keep doing in character, after character, after character and even though this is labelled as a Romance fic, you might as well lable it Angst instead, since you're not even giving the Romance any time to fully take effect - you keep killing everyone with your so called "X" before they can do jack shit and have everyone mourning afterwards. Then X murders somebody else and you're not even letting them finish mourning the last person before they have to repeat the process on another.

Killing off your own original tactician, fine, she's your character. But let's be serious - Guy, Wil, Dorcas AND Kent? That isn't counting the near deaths you had a while ago (Sain, Matthew, Serra, ect.). If you were trying to drive the point that anyone can die, killing off Dorcas and Wil at almost the same time so quickly and casually should have been enough (I'm still not stomaching the Wil murder too well and it isn't because I'm a Wil fan, of which I'm not).

It actually seems alot like you harbour some kind of grudge against the Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword cast and want to Bash them as much as possible. Particularly Lyn. You've killed her best friend, her lover, tormented her memories with X, brought back her best friend from the dead, proceeded to torture her by making her watch Florina lose her sanity with the premonitions, let her come so close to killing X before letting him escape multiple times, made cracks about her physical health and even let her kill her own tactician. Next thing you know, she's going to watch Kent come back to life and die again in front of her eyes. It's a wonder she hasn't lost it yet. Or maybe you're keeping her sane so she can feel the hurt more 0_o.

In any case, killing off this many characters is simply unacceptable, even if you do bring them back (the act of which defeats the purpose of getting them killed in the first place).

And then we have the issue of X. What is with this guy? He must be level 50 or something with all stats maxed. No offense, but I'm tending agree with Admiral Obvious. He is the Gary Stu incarnate. Or maybe Mary Sue. He's got no freaking weakspots - not even any genitals, for lord's sake! Any hit he takes, he automatically recovers from, unless it's Matthew and his poison (who he practically killed anyway). Any hit which he doesn't/can't recover from, he uses his amazing 40 Spd and 10 Move to escape from the danger. And if that fails because he's cornered or something else, he also has a first degree in politics, able to sweet-talk his way out of anything. And if/when charisma fails, his 100 maxed-out Luck and Skill assures that he gets an oppotunity to Critical Hit his attacker to kingdom come, usually somehow ending up with them only unconcious or wounded instead of dead. The reason? Because he has a mysterious agenda, background and voodoo curse/hex of his own which prevents him from killing certain people, but apparently doesn't stop him from drugging Matthew and Lyn and hanging/dropping Serra from a very tall height. Either way, the point is that X always gets off scot free from everything, even though not everything he does is entirely ethical. In fact, screw ethics - most of what he's done is like what smoking does to you lungs - nothing good, for certain. And even worse is that Lyndis' Legions just keep coming back, begging for more. The problem here is pretty easy to see - X never learns anything. No matter what happens to him, he never changes his mindset. Need to get rid of something? Kill it. Need to get rid of something he can't kill? Knock 'em out and tie 'em to a tree. Injured and can't recover? Take a hostage and make someone heal him. Handcuffed and held captive? Break the cuffs, break the door. Trapped in a corner? Demolish the wall. Outnumbered? Run away. If one doesn't work, another will. Surrender is not an option for the guy, he simply has too much raw power. He seems to follow that old motto "Those who lose and run away, live to fight another day". This simply cannot continue. X cannot keep being an unstoppable juggernaut. He just can't keep mowing down anyone in his path, no matter how many mental or physical strikes he takes. It's unrealistic. A car does not keep moving in a straight line after it takes a rocket launcher explosion to the fuel tank, not unless it's been modified to do so, in which case it wouldn't do to keep calling it a normal "car". And in this case, I would probably refer to X as some sort of demi-god, if not Idoun's heir himself, as long as this keeps up.

If only Karel were here... Everyone else is too gullible to kill X (who always seems to earn their trust somehow, then backstabs them when he's close enough). Karel would certainly be a whole different story, though, he's just about powerful enough to put X in his place (if the Sword Demon thing is to be believed). That is, if X is not some sort of god who can slaughter everyone and anyone.
Admiral Obvious chapter 25 . 6/11/2008
You DO realize X is the epitome of a Gary Stu, right?