Reviews for Closer
excalibur2007 chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
The image, very much used, of dawn as a new beginning works well opposed to Eomer's dark thoughts. Rebirth of their relationship.
The feeling of guilt can be left behind.
excalibur2007 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Yes, I forgot my pen name on my review of chap 1 (this morning). I appear as guest 7/9/12
Excalibur 2007 chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
They are trying to face the real horrors of battle in an unreal setting where everything is like a dream. Interesting but maybe not the best place.
Beautiful "together we will be invincible".They will only be together when Eomer sees her as a normal human being.

Thanks for your messages.
I think I forgot to write my pen name on a previous review.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
A story of true loneliness, it pierces one's soul.
Very interesting Lothiriel as a healer of the soul, like the elves.
Will she be able to truly get close to Eomer, to help cure his deepest wounds?

Thank you for your message, I was so upset I forgot to thank you.
I am trying to contact Sidonie but I Can't do so among beta-readers.

Tiziana has some drafts too, and saint liz has read the three prequels. No idea how to contact.
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Quite an intriguing beginning. I liked the horse analogy that Elrond used with Eomer.
Thanwen chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
I have to admit I have not read the "Ghoststory", but was just curious for a story that was finally finished after such a long time, and I do not at all regret having read it. ;-)

I highly enjoyed the way you showed a strong woman without turning her into the cliché amazon or healer. And I esteem how you manage to display the balance or strength, protectiveness and vulnerability in both, Éomer and Lothíriel.

I think it is a pity that for most readers "romance" seems to mean a reduction to the beautiful heroine being kissed senseless by the kingly hero.:-(

You proved with this story, that it can be different. (Though I cringe, reading about brown-eyed Éomers! ;-))

Thank you for a very intersting reading.
Ithil-valon chapter 2 . 9/27/2005
This is a beautiful glimpse into how Lothirial thinks and feels! She is stronger than so many give her credit for, even Eomer, though I love that he wants to shield her.

/"And you cannot stop the world from hurting the people you love by trying to shut it out." / ~ This is a particularly good phrase. It embodies all of his fears and doubts, does it not? He wants to wrap her in cotton and keep the ugliness away from her, but he cannot continue to keep it all on himself.

This is beautiful and thought provoking, my friend. Please keep writing!
Vandala chapter 2 . 9/6/2005
You made it once again!

You made a great job, to show the other side of Eomer, no one ever saw. The sentimental and vulnerable side. That also he self doubt.

And the strong side of Lothiriel, someone we dont know. Just from a view lines out of the appendices from the book. Thanks for that.

You made me nearly cry, when I read it.
Mystikal19 chapter 2 . 9/3/2005
Very good chapter! I absolutely loved it. Éomer's refusals were very much in character, his views that his wife was so angelic and beautiful, and frail was also very good, I enjoyed that very much. Lothiriel was also a very refreshing character, so strong-willed in her own way, so loving to want him to confide his dark memories in her and to make him feel as he had before. Very great descriptions, and I desperately want Éomer to open up to her and to let him inside his mind, to calm and ease his nightmares of the past. He really needs her, and it is about time he allowed her into his mind. I found one mistake though...

"...They were treating people who were burnt beyond recognition, people with gaping wounds, or whose limps they had to take off because they could not rescue them."

It should be "limbs" not "limps" no? Anyway, great chapter, are you writing more? I hope so!
Mystikal19 chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
This is so good. I absolutely love it. I loved how you described Éomer while he was pondering over marrying Lothíriel, and how he felt when he first saw her. I also liked how you described Lothíriel when Éomer would not talk to her of his troubled mind, how she felt that he did not trust her - that was really good. Elrond, as ever powerful and perseptive (wouldn't it be horrible to have him as a father? Poor Arwen, she could never have lied to him! ;) This is such a great piece of work in between the two others, and it fills very important gaps. Oh yeah, I also liked the 'horses' analogy, it humors me to think that Elrond did this because of the Rohirrim and their distinct fondness of the horse. Great, superb, magnificent story, I absolutely loved reading it.
Hobbitpony chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Oh Wow! I just stumbled on this story and am really taken by it! What emotion you give to Eomer; and not some bumbling back country king. Excellent! Write more.
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
You stinker! I really didn’t want to read any Éomer stories while I was writing one because I’m always afraid I’ll unconsciously echo another’s thoughts, but you had to go and write a sequel to Rohan Ghost Story, my favorite Éomer story of all time! : )

So here I am, hooked once again because you’ve located my favorite Rohirric King in Imladris with my favorite Elf. What more could I want…besides action, adventure and a little romance? It’s all going to be here and I can’t wait to read more!

I’m not surprised that Éomer would seek to hide his feelings from Lothírial, especially since they are newly wed, but I am surprised that he would feel the pull of the falls like he did. Normally Éomer is such a fighter that this just shows the depths of anguish that he is feeling, as does his agreement to come to Imladris for treatment.

I loved the tender moment, albeit one sided, between Éomer and Lothírial as she lay sleeping. That was very special and showed the gentle side of Éomer that we all know he has.

I always knew that Éomer would have to come to grips with what happened in Isendras, it was just a matter of time before the memories began to assault him. He was too injured and ill while he was captive and being rescued to even think much about it, but now that it’s all past the “ghosts” have reared their heads.

/ “I was dreaming... you had gone away.” The smile faded and was replaced by an expression of vague sadness.

“It was only a dream, my love. I am here, and I will not leave you. Ever.” His gaze resting intently on her face, Éomer kissed her fingers again, slowly watching Lothíriel sink back into the deeper reaches of sleep/ ~ ~ This was very beautiful imagery…a real *sigh* moment!

As always, your work leaves me breathless and wanting more.

Well done, my friend.
Vandala chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Thanks for the honour to be your inspiration. But you know, youre the same to me.

Youve done it really lovely and so detailed that it seem to me, that I look a movie or standing beside the characters and not reading a story.

And so you cave me the bravery, to set my work in here next time.

So, go forward this way!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Beautifully written, as always, and very moving.

You have characterised Eomer wonderfully, as well as Elrond.

I'm very glad someome has persuaded you to write this fic! Happy writing and please update soon!

Lots of love,

Sarah x
Kime3 chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Great, i like the way that their relation ship grows, and the complicity that they begin the share !

I hope they will be other chapters ;)