Reviews for Welcome to Hogwarts 1949
Kami-SamanoShukusen chapter 29 . 11/1
Probably the best Slytherin Harry story I've read, and this is why: he has the Gryffindor determination but he's not letting it rule him. Harry, as a student, didn't pay much attention to his classmates or schoolmates unless they directly interacted with them first, ie: the Quidditch team, the Weasleys, who are his best friend's siblings, the DA, because he was teaching them. Draco Malfoy, especially, as his primary antagonist aside from Voldemort. We all have a way of being disconnected to parts of the world that are outside our circle, and the fact that Harry is more involved in Slytherin politics than trying to cling onto some sort of normality by befriending students outside of his house reflects this. As a Slytherin he needed to be sneakier, slyer, and cleverer than he usually is expected to be. And what better role model than Tom Riddle, the boy who rose through anonymity as one of the darkest wizards of all time, successfully concealing his schemes and even graduating with a goody two shoes rep? The fact that Harry, a transfer student, is essentially telling Tom what he has not told anyone so openly at this point in time is surely an intriguing event, enough to garner dedicated interest. I like the way you don't actually explain what Tom is thinking. Rather, the reader understands his motives when Harry does, and it lends a sense of genuineness to Tom's secrecy. After all, it's not as if you'd expect his inner circle to go around blabbing about this secret club to a new guy if they really are afraid of him. :) Plus the way Harry struggles with his morality and his determination to return home, the way he convinces himself that it's not real, that it's 'for the Greater Good', I think, is a nice touch. You don't elaborate much on the exact twistedness going on with him, but just seeing how much he's changed - he's not just a Slytherin, he's a prefect despite being a transfer student, he's at the top of the food chain, he's a top student and self-sufficient, he's killed two men without direct prompting from Tom, may I stress that - from regular Harry, who needs to be told by Hermione to take notes, to do his homework, who spends most of the time brooding over what has he done wrong and what he is going to do to fix it. Draco's perspective as an outsider was really good.

In conclusion, I really, really like this story, and I think that you've done an awesome job of writing it! :)
Hey! Great story. Lurve Draco 3
Konohamaya Uzumaki chapter 23 . 10/11
I really like this story. Draco must have been so surprised to see Harry getting all chummy with Voldemort.
croquant chapter 29 . 10/10
I love this story. There's a chilly, strict tone that sets the mood for the dive deep into the Slytherin psyche. I see this story just as much an exposition on the evil in good, and the good in evil, as it is a wonderful and entertaining hypothetical scenario where Harry comes into his own, but this time around people that aren't Hermione and Ron. I love the very understated humor and the masterful snowballing of sin after sin. Of course things aren't as black and white as "sin" - and that's something else that you express very well through Harry's intellectual/logical rationale behind his actions, as well as his more irrational but emotionally truer responses (such as blushing at Tom's praise).

What you've posted (these 29 chapters) is more than enough, it is so much more than enough. I hope that you don't feel guilty and ashamed for not updating, just because some readers feel entitled to put in no work and receive fully fleshed stories on their desired timelines. I (and, I know, many other readers) will always be rooting for you, whether you write quickly or finish this story or not. I just wanted to express my appreciation for this smart and truly interesting read.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to the next chapters if you finish them, but if not, I want to say thanks for uploading. This is one of the best HP stories I've come across so far. I think you should feel really pleased and proud with yourself!
scarlettmeadows chapter 4 . 9/20
How is Tom not seeing Harry as a threat?
Lthx chapter 29 . 9/9
I really hope you update one day, I wish we could at least see what that note to Myrtle said. It's a wonderful story and the best characterization of Tom Riddle I've ever seen.
cztelnik chapter 29 . 8/24
Reading this again I see a few more chapters I believe. Hope you continue this as it really is interesting. I suspect Harry will find Dumbledore is wrong and Harry's actions are changing the timeline, hence the news articles Draco found. Snape may be able to get into the map? but Harry is, if not creating Voldemort, certainly acting as a reactant or at least a catalyst.
RAWRcarrie chapter 29 . 8/16
This is the reason I only read completed stories :-( I hate you so much right now I'm going to look on your author page in the small hope that you have a revised and completed edition but I somehow know that's not the case. Such a good story :-/ if you need help editing I'll do it! Just finish it please! So close the end...
RAWRcarrie chapter 15 . 8/12
Oh yeah! I had completely forgotten the Dumbledore teold him his presence would likely be erased when he returned to his own time... That makes him using his name a little less annoying!
RAWRcarrie chapter 10 . 8/12
So far this is one of the better time travel fics I've read, but a couple things are bothering me. First of all why is he using his name? He knows that riddle is going to kill his patents someday, he's accepted he can't change the past I would think it'd be smarter to use a different name. Riddle may at first believe that they potters just gave their son his greatgrandfathers name but when he meets Harry when Harry's a teen in the correct timeline he'll know. Right?
You liar!
Anne Riddle 1 chapter 1 . 7/6
Love this story! Please upload!
Anne Riddle 1 chapter 29 . 7/6
This story is absolutely amazing! Word cannot express how much I love this story!I refresh this story everyday to check if you have got new chapters up! Please put new chapters in!
oh man, you can't leave us hanging now. I wanna see Snape's reaction. And Tom and Harry's relationship. And Dumbledore and... please don't stop now.
Chim Cheree chapter 28 . 7/6
Still one of my favourite stories. Really hope to see an update. Have you rewritten a few chapters in the middle?
1,245 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »