Reviews for Wrestling with Dragons
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I really like your character Dr. Maboroshi and I'd be tempted to take you up on your generous offer and ask to use him, if I had the talent to use him.

Usually, in the show - and fanfic other than yours - the roll is filled by Jazz. But as your story shows that while Jazz does a lot to support her brother she does have limitations. Dr. Maboroshi's mysterious past lets him understand living with danger in a way Jazz cannot. Jazz for all her efforts and grown-up-beyond-her- years mentality still lacks a certain maturity and knowledge base that can only come from time and experience. Cade also has the advantage of being an outsider as Jazz is sometimes part of the situation.

I'm glad you invented someone like this for Danny to go to. Anyone who has gone through the crazy stuff Danny has would have a shaky hold on sanity.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I just love Dr. M. He's one of the best OC's I've read in a looong time!
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
I really enjoyed reading this. :)
Vampirekittiz chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Haha! Totally got the Calvinball joke!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
love it
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This is pretty good. You realize that this can easily be translated to the Ultimate Enemy, right? I'm pretty sure you made an overt reference to what happened to HIM in this story.

I honestly that, more than Vlad, HE is an example of sacrificing all morality and becoming nothing less than a monster. Which is EXACTLY what Danny is afraid of.

And THAT is what makes Dark Phantom so powerful.

If you believe that sort of thing. There ARE some authors out there who think he could be redeemed, at least partially. Firefury Amahira is a prime example, and while her (I think it's a girl) stories are REALLY good, my personal opinion is that, unless he turns out to have MPD and a super-Hyde was calling the shots the whole time, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

BUT, I'm getting off-topic. Great job.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
*blinks* was that just a reference to tue?

brittney
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Great job. I like this piece. It had a lot of good words to remember, too...

How do you beat a Grand Master at chess? Make him play Calvinball.

there's nothing wrong with being human. With wanting to SURVIVE... if you don't survive, you're not going to be able to protect anybody else. Self-sacrifice can be a noble thing... but sometimes it's just a way to avoid making choices you don't want to live with.

I can tell you've thought a lot about this stuff. Awesome oneshot. Thanks for writing.
anemix chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I thought you said it was after "Outside Looking In"? Do you mean before you added on that whole new part where Cade figures out that FentonPhantom and MastersPlasmius? I finally watched "Reign Storm" and what I've read makes a lot more sense.

Not one of your best, but I've read worse. Could just be that I'm tired. You wrote this in 05! Danny Phantom came out a long time ago! Ciao!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
mike chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
I'm a little confused, you said in the description that this is "Post Outside Looking In", but in outside..., didn't Danny reveal himself to Dr M? I don't think you came out and said it, but it seems to be implying at a few parts that he still doesn't know.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Still interesting. I wish it weren't after 4AM...
sandrilenefatoren2 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Hey, I was just wondering which story of yours would be best for learning more of Dr. M's back-story. He's a fascinating character, and I'd like to know more about him.
werewolf5 chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Where did you learn all this stuff?
A Bibliophile chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
I don't know why... but I really like stories with psychologists. It is a strange fetish of mine. Because of that, this will go in my favorites list and I will declare its awesomeness in this reply.

Awesome fic.
Velveteenrabbit chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
?You write about the Shadow a lot. What episode was that?
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »