Reviews for Obsidian
Persephone Lupin chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Although you have a point with the mention of the Draught of the living Death and Hagrid, I don’t believe that Dumbledore is still alive. I don’t think there would be a picture of him in the headmaster’s office in that case. We’ll see in a few years. However, I fully agree with your theory that Snape acted on Dumbledore’s request and is not a traitor (see also my story ‚Amoris Infinitas‘, LOL). I was also kind of confused about when Snape began to spy, in GoF it seems to have been before Voldemort’s downfall, but in HBP it sounds more that it was afterwards, although I would prefer him to have turned to the Light before that fateful night, your explanation sounds reasonable.
jadzialove chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Author response to review by duj on 8/25/05:

I'll admit duj, that your review had me in a bit of a tizzy this morning. I couldn't believe that I'd actually forgotten such an important piece of canon!

A little bit of research later and I've concluded that Dumbledore does no such thing. In Goblet of Fire, during the pensieve scene when Harry sees Karkaroff give up Snape as a Death Eater, Dumbledore assures Harry that Snape works for good now, but is no more specific than that. (I don't have my books with me for page numbers & whatnot.)

You don't actually have to take my word for it - the HP Lexicon (the definitive and accepted source for such information) has a time-line for Snape that lists his going to Dumbledore as being *after* James and Lily are killed, not before.

Thanks for reading!
duj chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
In an earlier book Dumbledore tells harry quite clearly and explicitly that Snape had been spying for them BEFORE Voldemort's death therefore before the potters died. Harry's just too stupid to remember that when he gives his interpretation in HBP of why Dumbledore trusted Snape.
HardCandy chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
whoa, you obviously spent a lot of time and did a lot of thinking for this.

it explains so much and is very well written.