Reviews for Kiara's First Kill
veronica.toon.7 chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Wow, I like this story. It reminds me of the Wolves of the Beyond series by Kathryn Lasky where when the wolves hunt their prey, right before they die the wolves preform a ritual called lochivyrr and the animal agrees to dying so that the wolves can thrive. Anyway good story.
Candy x dipper chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This was pretty good and kinda sad
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Nice take on it. I mean if they didn't respect the other animals the other animals wouldn't respect them; they'd just rule by fear. And we all know the consequences of that! Except Scar and his mate.
jellymaster chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
That was quite short, but still-that was just...wow. it was remarkably well done! I loved it! I really adore the way you've characterized Kiara here. She's so passionate and sweet that she really would think of her kill that way. So that part at the end was very in character for her.

In fact, I've always wondered if the reason why Kiara was so bad at hunting in the movie is because she's uneasy about the thoguht of killing, even if she's serving her Pride by doing so. Heck, near the end of TLK 2, Kiara still tried to save Zira from falling even after all that happened. I think that is what I love about Kiara most. She still values life, no matter whose life it is.

Here's a mega virtual cookie for your awesome work! It's a shame that you haven't been writing anymore stories as of late. I've really been missing your writing. They're part of the inspiration for some of my ideas, too.

Sincerely, Jellymaster!
yuyuyashasrain chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Yeah, I've always wondered how all those herbivores can bow down to the royal family when they know they'll kill them and their families someday... I mean, say the Outlands are west of the Pridelands (I don't really know; I'm just guessing). All you see east, north, and south is f*ing GRASS. They could just migrate away from Pride Rock, because for some reason the lions WILL NOT LEAVE. If I were an antelope, or a zebra, or something like that, I'd do it. Speaking of zebras, whatever happened to the hyenas? I know they didn't die... Maybe they got smart and ran off like the herbivores should've. *shrug*
QuietDragon chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This is very sweet. Sad, but heartwarming all the same.

It's good to see that Kiara understands and respects this creature's life.
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
A lovely little story. Despite what the general public may think, human hunters DO feel a profound gratitude and respect towards the animals they kill, and it's strangely touching to see Kiara expressing the same appreciation.

It reminds me of a case where after killing a bighorn ewe, a cougar was seen to lie down alongside her and softly pat her flank with his paw several times. The Circle of Life being honored...
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
I agree with you!

And this was very good!

And the last sentece (what kiara says) is very cool!
CGI Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Ah, a very nice breath of fresh air showing that despite their lifestyle, the lions of the Pridelands are caring and not blood thirsty.

What I mean by breath of fresh air is it's a nice breather from all that "revolutionary" "anti-monarch" stuff about the prey animals feeling discontnted and rebelling and painting the lions as bad.

Very nice job
Z Star The Hidden Dragon chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Nice work, you didn't make Kiara seem blood thirsty or violent, that would make her very out of character.
Pichooi chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Very nice. It definately shows that she respects the animals she kills and is not bloodthristy. Very Well written
Dibsthe1 chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Very well done.

I've been watching a lot of Discovery Channel lately (in my new apartment, whenever I go to change the channel from Discovery the picture scrambles) and it can take a long time for lions to kill their prey.

I once read an article written by a biologist studying lions. He described watching this after a kill; after the rest of the antelope had been eaten, one of the lionesses who'd helped bring it down kept licking its face, and while doing so, she looked as if she was washing one of her cubs.
thingspast chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Nice moment of reflection here... the circle of life in action...
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
I thought it was a sweet story, how you showed Kiara giving thanks to her kill. You honestly showed that the lions do have a job!