Reviews for SecondRate Star
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 1/25
Whoa. An angsty piece about Regulus. Me likes. He seems a bit overlooked in the fanfic department, doesn't he? Especially considering he's sort of perfect fanfic material... just enough information to base a character off of, significant tie-in to major characters and historical elements of the plot (smell a time travel fic, anyone?), and sympathy-inducing tragic background. So yeah, I'm surprised there's not more fics involving Regulus.
Thank you for writing!
~ Clara B
rayningnight chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Because this is a beauty, a wonderful, thoughtful story, I'm reviewing.
Characterization and portrayal - totally mind-blowing. It totally captures the hidden depths of the Black household - and it totally makes sense. For no matter what, Sirius is the brightest star of the family, the white, and is even more outstanding that even when he's a shame, he's an achievement - and all Regulus can do is stand in that bright shine's shadow.
It's so sad, truly...
I'd say more, but it's freaking midnight, and if I could even sing praises at the moment - yeah. Sorry, but I need sleep.

-rayningnight
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
I really like how Regulus keeps recieving contradictory messages from his parents in regards to his behaviour - they want him to be obedient, but when he is they want him to stand up for himself - it's kind of like how most people's parents are. I also like how he has contradictory feelings towards his brother - admiring and resenting him - and I find it really sad that he tries so hard when Sirius just seems to breeze through life.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
I like it
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Terrific!
The Enchanted Teakettle chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Great fic! I liked the "bitter irony" that Regulus sees in the tacit way he's compared to Sirius.

Well done!

~ TET
RandomTopic chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Ah, poor Regulus...I quite like him even though in the canon, there's very little info on him.

Anyway, I liked this.
mirai3k chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
ah yes, the joys of being a Black. I rather pitied poor Regulus. Sirius was always the star.

~Mirai
xowildncrazyox chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
aw! so sad! i luv it :]
snape'smistress-in-law chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Aw! I swear, I am seriosly crying. I love Regulus so much. The poor dear! ! ! !

(wipes tears from eyes) I love it, my friend, it was beautiful.

Rachel E.B.
hplovesme chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
sad, poor regulus, never felt bad for him before
CarbonMonoxide chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Wonderful, I love it!
starrrz chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Aww,poor Regulus! Very well written little character study, I especially like the bit where his father is telling him to grow a backbone (like Sirius). It's how I picture the Blacks to be ( - not very nice people!)
MurasakiNeko chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Aww . . . I'm sure this was so true.

It's like the story about Regulus I wrote, only about 14 chapters shorter, lol . . . _
aztecgold882 chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Great! I think you've captured Regulus' thoughts really well... well done! :)