Reviews for SecondRate Star
rayningnight chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Because this is a beauty, a wonderful, thoughtful story, I'm reviewing.
Characterization and portrayal - totally mind-blowing. It totally captures the hidden depths of the Black household - and it totally makes sense. For no matter what, Sirius is the brightest star of the family, the white, and is even more outstanding that even when he's a shame, he's an achievement - and all Regulus can do is stand in that bright shine's shadow.
It's so sad, truly...
I'd say more, but it's freaking midnight, and if I could even sing praises at the moment - yeah. Sorry, but I need sleep.

-rayningnight
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
I really like how Regulus keeps recieving contradictory messages from his parents in regards to his behaviour - they want him to be obedient, but when he is they want him to stand up for himself - it's kind of like how most people's parents are. I also like how he has contradictory feelings towards his brother - admiring and resenting him - and I find it really sad that he tries so hard when Sirius just seems to breeze through life.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
I like it
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Terrific!
The Enchanted Teakettle chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Great fic! I liked the "bitter irony" that Regulus sees in the tacit way he's compared to Sirius.

Well done!

TET
RandomTopic chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Ah, poor Regulus...I quite like him even though in the canon, there's very little info on him.

Anyway, I liked this.
mirai3k chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
ah yes, the joys of being a Black. I rather pitied poor Regulus. Sirius was always the star.

Mirai
xowildncrazyox chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
aw! so sad! i luv it :]
snape'smistress-in-law chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Aw! I swear, I am seriosly crying. I love Regulus so much. The poor dear! ! ! !

(wipes tears from eyes) I love it, my friend, it was beautiful.

Rachel E.B.
hplovesme chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
sad, poor regulus, never felt bad for him before
CarbonMonoxide chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Wonderful, I love it!
starrrz chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Aww,poor Regulus! Very well written little character study, I especially like the bit where his father is telling him to grow a backbone (like Sirius). It's how I picture the Blacks to be ( - not very nice people!)
MurasakiNeko chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Aww . . . I'm sure this was so true.

It's like the story about Regulus I wrote, only about 14 chapters shorter, lol . . . _
aztecgold882 chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Great! I think you've captured Regulus' thoughts really well... well done! :)
M. Newman chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
It's just like Boromir and Faramir... maybe the reason Regulus joined the Death Eaters ranks was to become more than second rate, to prove to his family that he is more than a defective copy of his brother.

yours,