Reviews for Everybody Wants Her
euthanize chapter 17 . 1/1
So I read this story a few months back when I didn't use my account and I really want to be able to leave a bit of a response to the story. First of all, I really do think this story is brilliant. Your characterizations of Tohru and the Sohma family is if anything, a gritty exaggeration on the original story, and not in a bad way. I saw some mixed responses to your characterizations being OOC or even too dark, but I think you managed to develop the characters very true to the thin set of personality traits that Natsuki Takaya left readers. Fruits Basket has always been one of my favorite Shoujos, but only because it was one of the first ones I've read. I fell in love with the characters in middle school with girlish devotion, but almost a decade later, I see Fruits Basket as fundamentally a Shoujo manga, fitting typical tropes to appeal to the intended audience. I feel like by taking the baseline of characters created for a much younger audience, you were able to create a deeper story of just what it means to be at the mercy of a hierarchical family with an other worldly quality. Even then, much of the characters retained their rudimentary motivations. Tohru's mothering mixed with her wide-eyed idealism and Akito's desperation and asperity are exemplified beyond the jejune boundaries of the Shoujo genre. For that, thank you for the story. I've read it twice already and I love it still.

PS. My favorite part is probably the story of the original Taeko and how the name inspired different perspectives through Akito, Tohru, and the zodiac.
iHaterainbows72 chapter 6 . 8/18/2013
First Akito talkin' dirty and now Tohru's freakin' infected with this dirtiness! Who's next? Hatori? Kisa?
I just feel like Kyo's getting sent somewhere REALLY far away, but he isn't... Or is he... Anyways I find this lovely story of yours funny for some reason, I like reading it! :)
iHaterainbows72 chapter 4 . 8/18/2013
...Akito talkin' dirty eh? It only means one thing... He's OOC...
I had a feeling about this a few chapters ago, he seems so clingy now. It's getting interesting...
iHaterainbows72 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Yuki has an attack.
Tohru's worried (like always).
And Kyo's like "He's gonna be fine, he's... breathing and stuff..."
Nice fanfic :)
luna chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
love this chapter it so full of emotion
Guest chapter 4 . 7/3/2012
Guest chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Tennant'sWolfOfGallifrey chapter 11 . 1/19/2012
Aww man! X( I wanted it to be Akito's! I'm done with this story! ;)
Reckless and Relentless chapter 6 . 1/18/2012
I'm sorry, I tried getting into it, but this was the last straw for me.

When would Torhu EVER do this? When would Kyo ever do this?

And since when does Hatori not care for Torhu like a dad? He sees her STARK NAKED with AKITO...I'm sorry. You're a great author, but this story...-_-
Umbra93 chapter 17 . 4/25/2011
Pulled an all nighter reading this.. started around midnight it's 6am now. whee.

Now it's my turn to lay around in bed and go "uugghhh I hurt"

..My neck hurts and I'm recovering from a cold ironically. There are some days where I feel like an Akito.

BOO! Kyo killed himself? :-(
Umbra93 chapter 6 . 4/25/2011
Akito, Tohru, and Kyo all seem to really be OOC but it's still an interesting picture... Just wish Akito was less fragile and without the odd image of shriveled genitalia. lol
Exrahlixxibith chapter 7 . 3/19/2011
God I hope it's Akito's. I don't understand why she would give in to kyo in the first place. All she had to do was walk away... and poor Akito, what if he finds out? He'll be heartbroken :(
Exrahlixxibith chapter 3 . 3/19/2011
I loved this chapter, especially the end, it was so cute -
alanrickmanluver22 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
hey! so you probably won't check this...but...I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR STORY!'m half way through it and I just ADORE how you portrayed akito...just AH-Mazing...and all the good angst...I don't know why but as horrible as akito acts I still COMPLETELY ADORE him...maybe I'm like to protect him...anyway just letting you know I luv it and I plan on reading some more of your stories! :P