Reviews for Sins of Future's Past
kmaddie chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Your medical knowledge is extensive and I enjoyed reading about Flint watching Lifeline save Lady Jaye's life. It's obvious that Lifeline knows more than what can be conveyed in Flint's voice or through his limited knowledge about medicine. I know that her left lung is compromised and has collapsed, most likely due to a hemothorax. A hemothorax does not fix itself and the blood flooding the chest cavity will cause both lungs to fail and the heart to do what it did. I would imagine that there are rudimentary chest tube kits on a medivac copter as that is the best temporary fix for hemothorax. There is too much blood in the chest cavity, the blood needs to be let out thereby restoring function to lungs and heart. Also, does Lifeline ever listen to her heart and lungs? This would be part of the primary survey. You can also tap on the chest wall to ascertain how full the chest cavity. Medicine isn't all scans and inteventions, some old fashioned doctoring probably is done all the time in battlefield situations.
But, well done, can't wait to read the rest of the story.
mmkfire chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
great story. great story line and charters. loved the entire thing could not wait to get to the end. loved the ending.

you are a very good writer.

have a safe and happy new yEAR.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WRITING. not many stories can keep me up to 3:30 am reading them but this one did

traciH chapter 18 . 7/3/2009
This story was incredible. Really well done. Lots of details, complicated plot that wasn't convoluted.
dispatcher652 chapter 18 . 3/28/2009
I just found this story yesterday and couldn't stop reading it. It was fantastic! As someone who watched G.I. Joe when I was kid this story brought about alot of good mememories of the show. Flint and Lady Jaye were two of my favorite characters and I think you hit the nail on the head with them. I hope you write another story with them as the central characters. Again excellent work.
Chase998 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Dragon34 is right on the money. I should have known better! My brother was a CE in the United States Air Force as well. When I told him of Dragon's comments in the review, he simply smiled, took a sip of his drink and said quite confidently, "That's right."

That point in the story has been corrected. :)
Dragon34 chapter 18 . 1/2/2008
Oh my gosh! What an awesome story! Flint and Lady Jaye are my favorites anyway but your characterization was spot-on and the story line was wonderful. ESPECIALLY for having said you haven't seen GI in years! lol Definately will be a favorite.

But, just in case you write more. I should tell you, as I'm in the military AND a civil engineer, we so would NEVER EVER mess around with surveillance equipment. That's Communications. Comm. and a different squadron. Its kinda a point of ... contention between the squadrons about each others equipment, at least on my base and everywhere I've been stationed/deployed. CE is electrical plumbers carpenters, fire, ect... Comm is everything...comm. such as radar, broadcasting, cameras, ect. :)

It wasn't a bad thing in your story by any means, but I read it and laghed. I'm still adding you to my favorites though, so pphhttp! :) Keep writing!
amykay chapter 18 . 10/23/2006
I finally had a chance to read through the whole story. I started reading it when you first posted, but I never had the time to sit down and finish the whole thing. I have to admit to at first not liking the sci-fi aspect in the Joe world, but now that I've seen it all play out I've totally changed my mind. This story had the right mix of action, suspense and romance. I like that LJ was never far from Flint's mind, and the little snippets of their past interweaved throughout the tale. I think you totally nailed Flint's characterization, and kept it even during the sci-fi moments. You also did very well with Suarez, making her a mysterious yet very sympathetic character. I also like the hints as to what her future is like.

All in all, this was a well done story, and I really enjoyed the hours I spent reading it.
ScarlettSlipper chapter 18 . 8/28/2006
All I can say is, this story blew me away! Fantastic! It had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. It is now one of my favorites. Excellent writing!
Calcitrix chapter 18 . 5/7/2006
Yay *happy dance*

That was great closure-exactly the right amount. I love the realism and they way you've humanized all of the characters beyond what we get a lot of the time. Very solid all the way through from the pace and unexpected turns of plot to the happy ending, which is everything a good fanfic needs. I'll be keeping my eyes open for more stories from you. Thanks for such a great read.
anthea29 chapter 18 . 5/7/2006
wonderful story ! you have done a good job !

I'd like to say more, but I'm French and not very good to write in English !

will be nice to read others stories like that with both flint and lady jaye !
Kazthom chapter 18 . 5/6/2006
Wow. Way back when I was a kid, I watched G.I. Joe with my two brothers, much to the dismay of my sisters. Lady Jaye and Flint were always my favorites. Thank you for writing such an intriguing story about them. I started reading this when fifteen chapters had already been up and I've read each of the following ones as they've been posted. This last chapter was the perfect way to end it. (I'm trying not to gush here. This story has truly been one of my favorites.)

Dare I ask if there's hope you'll work on Ashes to Ashes in the future? Please? :)

Once again...thank you for this amazing story!
Calcitrix chapter 17 . 5/4/2006
This had a great feel to it. Good job tying up all the loose ends. I'm happy to see that you're planning another chapter. This has been a fantastic story.
Alison Hart-Burnett chapter 17 . 5/3/2006
Awesome. I hope you write more about Jaye's recovery. I loved the ending of this chapter where her team came to get her.
raspberrytart chapter 16 . 4/30/2006
I just found your story this morning and have read the whole thing. I am fascinated by your portrayal of Flint and this adventure that he is embroiled in. You are a fantastic writer and I look forward to seeing what happens.
Calcitrix chapter 16 . 4/24/2006
Excellent pace, and I mean in the stories and putting new chapters up. The plot developments have me on edge. Love it all.