Reviews for Home
Bob Schlobohm chapter 17 . 2/29
What a fascinating story! I love it,Bob
SlytherinAvengerPrincess chapter 21 . 2/11
Did you make ur those things about Tonks Metamorphosis!?
aurora-inked chapter 20 . 11/6/2013
I loved this whole story. So achingly sweet and sad. Thank you.
Judith chapter 21 . 2/23/2013
I loved it! Truly amazing!
Keep on writing!
Kitten Kisses chapter 21 . 3/14/2012
At first I was a little hesitant to read this, because long things tend to bore me partway through...but I couldn't wait for my shift to end at work so I could come home to finish this. So that's saying something.

That said, I loved the little details, like the planting of a tree that was brought up later, and I wanted to tackle you to the ground and hug you for making the werewolf transformations realistic.

I figure if Remus is that freaked out in books six and seven, if he's that adamant that he's dangerous, then he probably has good reason to say it, to think it, to BELIEVE it. I liked that Sirius was fun and a bit silly, and he did a bit of teasing, but he was, on the whole, very Sirius-y. I think I like seeing him that way, because he reminds me a bit more of his in-book and in-movie personality. The way he is mentioned as being once-handsome has managed to stick with me, so the way you wrote him? Perfect.

I also liked what you did with Tonks, made her "ability" a "condition". Unusual, to be sure, but a nice unique idea. At least, I haven't seen it before. I'm pretty impressed by it, actually. Tonks's boggart still is stuck in my head; I don't think I'll forget it anytime soon.

You picked a really great place to end things, but it's a whole nother spin on Teddy, and Andromeda having to raise him, so my thoughts will be whirling around for a while longer. Haha.

Anyway, great story, thank you for writing and sharing it, it was a pleasure to read!

A'tuinIsLost chapter 21 . 2/22/2012
It was interesting to see a story where Tonks' ability isn't just a fun gimmick, and that she had something in common with Remus in terms of treatment by society, life limiting condition, etc.

Also, you may want to re-name chapter 20. The battle in which Dumbledore died is commonly referred to as the Battle of the Astronomy Tower, with the Battle of Hogwarts being when Remus and Tonks (sob!) die.

Other than that, I enjoyed it!
tt crews chapter 21 . 9/21/2011
Very well written. Your motivation for Remus' rejection of Tonks makes sense. Likewise, making Tonks something of a loner also makes sense.

I think that Tonks' depression, however, isn't adequately supported in your story. I've read the story twice, and it reads as if Remus tells Tonks he can't love her because he his a werewolf. But I don't believe unrequited love is sufficient to support Tonks descent into serious depression. In my view, she is severely depressed because she knows her love is returned, just as deeply, but Remus nevertheless refuses her.

I think a declaration of love at Kew Gardens or shortly thereafter would better support Tonks' reaction to Remus' rejection. Some writers have shortcut this by having the two be lovers prior to Remus' rejection. I think your story, where he refuses to be her lover is more powerful. But I also think Tonks' would react more strongly if she thought Remus loved her deeply.
phoenixphlight chapter 21 . 4/5/2011
Wow. A different view on their love story. Definitely not what I expected. I'm not sure if I liked it or not.
Katamabob chapter 21 . 6/24/2010
This was a great story, really well written and sweet and fab. Loved it! One or two slight Americanisms, barely any. Really enjoyed this from start to finish, a very believable look at the Remus/Tonks romance.

Well done!

Jill-in-the-Box chapter 21 . 6/21/2010
i hadn't really signed in for a while and when i did, i noticed that you'd left me a note on one of my stories from ages ago. i was extremely flattered by the words of encouragement from such a talented writer and my original inspiration for giving fanfic a try.

i don't think i ever wrote a review for your story, but it is probably my favorite R/T piece out there. you really explain the fear on his end of the deal-too old, too poor, too dangerous was not quite enough for me-but i'm still haunted by his thoughts of wanting to bite somebody.

i'm just so touched by all the little details that make the world come alive in this story. five years later, i still remember molly's dog-eared copy of one-charm baking, the story about them washing their robes at the laundromat, and her pajamas with a house-elf design. adorable and memorable.
shimotsuki11 chapter 20 . 4/15/2008
(This is the second time in as many weeks that I've followed a link from a rec site to a story of yours - I'm glad to have found your fics and plan to come back for more.)

I really like your take on Remus and Tonks. This view of the medical condition behind Metamorphmagi is unusual and interesting, and I like the depth of character it gives Tonks. Also, the way you show Remus so deeply affected by his lycanthropy rings true to me; it's cast such a shadow over his life that I can't see how it *wouldn't* always be on his mind. I also really liked the subplot with Neville and the boggart, and the way that helped pull Remus and Tonks out of their grief a little.
RemusJ chapter 21 . 12/10/2007
I really enjoyed did a great job describing the progession of Remus' and Tonks' relationship.
bonnykite chapter 21 . 10/14/2007

It's become a sort of fashion for me to write reviews of delight, but I see no other way, for your story and a few more that I've been reading for a few weeks now really deserve it. To be sure, "Home"'s an incredibly "pleasurous" pastime. And a complete one to that. I'm a little sad it's over, but, on the other hand, I'd still be cracking my knuckles in eager anticipation of the next chapters. Thank You Very Much for giving me the sweet exciting moments that your story's inspired in me. Hope you'll never stop writing. Don't, cause you're magnificent at it!

All the best,

203871034981032401982381047767 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
i absolutely love this.

very few people have written the whole story between lupin and tonks and actually be successful.

forget successful, you made this story touching as well.

i look forward to more writing from you.

fireblazie chapter 21 . 8/23/2007
Awesome story. :D I enjoyed this, especially since I reread OotP and am rereading HBP.

“Maybe,” said Remus, surprising himself. “Maybe someday. I can’t imagine what would have to happen to make it possible for us to be together. But maybe someday.”

I *loved* that line. :D