Reviews for Raoul's Promise
Honey Jenkins chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I have indeed noticed that Raoul is the only one in the trio of love-triangle-ness that doesn't have a solo and it always bothered me! In all my imaginings, I couldn't have devised a better placement of a song for him! It makes perfect sense and doesn't break the continuity of the musical. The lyrics are perfection as well.

I desperately wish they'd give Raoul his own song. Thank you for this. It means a lot.
Vintage'Classic chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
a fabulous idea and i absolutely LOVED IT! i really hope you have a great career in songwriting
Truth Questor chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Sweetness! This is exactly why I love Raoul so much! Apart from a few typos, this is wonderful. Thank you!
Bialywhoos chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I really like this! It has always bothered me that Raoul never had a solo in the show. At least in ALW's anyway. There's this other one that was off-Broadway and he had a solo in that one.

This flowed really nicely and was really sweet. I can see it fitting nicely into the story.
Anges Radieux chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
It is an interesting though. I think the reason Raoul dose not have a solo is is so he contrasts more with the Phantom. The Phantom uses music to communicate (he has only 3 non-singing lines) while Raoul dose not. (he has the most spoken lines in the show)
KyrieofAccender chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Wow, that was really good! I wish I could write poetry like that - I've only written one decent poem in my life, and that wasn't even entirely mine! You're very talented, and I always did find it odd that Raoul had no solo, 'specially in the movie, where they practically kill his character.
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
Ah, the missing scene. Raoul get's way too much hate. And the Phantom so does not love Christine.
Shandethe Sanders chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Yess! I've always thought that Raoul should have had a solo of his very own. This is lovely. I wish I were musically skilled, or I'd write it myself.

Lovely job...R/C rocks.

VIVE LE VICOMTE!

-Meg
Gigi the Dancer chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
(cries) I love raoul! I never noticed that before... hm. Poor raoul! i love him.

thank you for writing a nice raoul story

he is the best.

gigi
Roselight Writer chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Wonderfully done-not "overwritten," and with attention to all the small details that make the story whole and brought Raoul to life, and Christine as well!

Thanks for such a lovely piece of RC; keep it up! I enjoyed it so much.

LadyImpromptu

-btw, please r&r my stories when you get a chance. I think you'll like them! )
Cesna Rose chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
*is a rabid RC shipper*

Wow, this would have fit so well in the play! Raoul totally deserves a solo. Good idea, and well written. :D
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
This was very good! I like Raoul; it's nice to see a fic from his POV. Good song for him too.
wiltedviolets chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
This was beautiful. I love the style. Ths is going on my favorites!
Hikaru Hayashi chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Oh, he is just too sweet..._ ::has the hugest grin ever on her face thinking about how wonderful our dear sweet Vicomte is and if "hugest" is even a word::

He so rocks. People who think that Christine doesn't belong with Raoul have seriously mixed up priorites. They're just perfect for each other. (And yes, he should have a solo. XP)

Wonderful job. I like it. (Raoul and Christine Forever! _)

Hikaru-chan_
beata-beatrix chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
I'm an RC shipper too.

I hate both of them but they are perfect for each other.

As God as my witness...Raoul would make a good Scarlett O'Hara! HAH! Take that! A fop-bashing RC shipper. But very sweet. Perfect for Raoul.