Reviews for Harry Potter and the Mask of Loki
Ninja Master chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I would love to find a magic mask that gives me super powers.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 25 . 5/27/2012
Rather amusing and interesting. Well done david.
GuesssWho chapter 4 . 5/27/2012
I always felt so sorry for Loki. He was bound under the serpent with the guts of his own son as punishment for the least of his crimes-telling some truth.
Luvcanal chapter 13 . 11/8/2011
i was planning on waiting until finishing the story before commenting, but i laughed so hard at the abbe faria reminding him of dumbledore i just had to say how awesome it was
TimeLordParadox chapter 19 . 4/27/2011
The last few chapters have been very entertaining so far and I like that you’re bringing in that Harry is having a little difficulty control his Mask persona. In this chapter it looks like he’s starting to completely losing it. Also like the other things going on in the background with Ginny, Ron and Hermione planning to aid Harry/Mark.

Liked the idea that Voldemort would try to take over Hogwarts and use it as his command centre. If there was a greater sting to the moral of the magical world Voldemort could do, that would be it.

Liked how in chapter 16 Harry had to escape Hogwarts without the aid of the Mask’s powers. Making good use of the things limitations there.

Also liked how Impediment Jinx actually affects the wearer while in the Mask. The Mask makes its wearer immortal and invincible effectively so it was nice to see something that can affect it other than the dawning sun.

Though I have to say the sub plot with Harry and Ginny doesn’t seem necessary. I’ve re-read the books recently and Harry and Ginny look like they are already in that kind of relationship with each other so there seems to be no need for Harry to wear the Mask to earn Ginny's affections. Unless this wasn’t what you were aiming for?

Just something else I’d like to ask (*Possible spoiler warning for the last Harry Potter film if you haven’t read the book yet*) In your story you reveal that the barman of the hogshead was Aberforth, Albus Dumbledores brother. Now having read the last book through again I find that the owner of the Hogshead is in fact Aberforth. -I know in a previous review I said I didn’t see that coming, but face it there’s a lot to take in when you read one of those books, and that’s one of the details I’d forgotten- But FFnet states this story was last updated on 18/07/07 a few days before DH came out to reveal it. So was it a lucky guess that Aberforth was the barman of the Hogshead? Did you make an edit and FFnet didn’t record it as an update? Or did I miss a big clue or something in one of the earlier books? -There is a lot of detail that can be overlooked in them- (*End spoiler alert*)

I’ll read more of it when I can. So far it’s getting better and more interesting with each chapter.
TimeLordParadox chapter 11 . 2/8/2011
This story is getting better and better all the time and Harry’s Mask persona is really starting to come into his own.

Umbridge finally got what she deserved -personally I would’ve gone a little further with it, because I just hate her- I’ll have to give this chapter top marks just for Marks attack on Umbridge -who has to be the most irritating character of the entire series- and giving her the fright of her life. The only thing that would’ve made this even better would’ve been if the centaurs had shown up again.

Forcing the Fudge to dance to Cuban Pete, now that really was inspiring, funny and a very Mask thing to do.

I thought the third and final person he’d go for would’ve been either Rita Skeeter or Snape himself, but McLaggen I had completely forgotten about. I’ve just reread the ‘Half Blood Prince’ and blimey he really deserved that.

I know I said I had my doubts about the Mask aspects of this story, but I’m going to eat those words for this chapter, because this was really good and made great use of the Masks mischief making abilities.
TimeLordParadox chapter 10 . 2/4/2011
The barman was possessed by Riddle? Now that I wasn’t expecting, nor that the barman was really Aberforth.

I liked that the Mask gave the Expelliarmus spell a massive boost, Harry’s going to have to be a bit more careful when he casts even the most mundane spells if the Mask gives them that much power.

Enjoyed their little wand duel and Riddles bemusement that Mark conjured a shield charm capable of blocking the Killing Curse completely –BTW who did Mark imitate there?-. I think it would’ve been fun though if Mark was hit by the Killing Curse, then Riddle would’ve looked even more bemused when Mark survived it unharmed -since the Mask protects its wearer from dying-

In my opinion though it only has one minor fault, I don’t think Dumbledore would’ve suggested Harry go after certain individuals who’ve made his life a misery –despite how much they would deserve it-, Dumbledore just doesn’t seem like the sort of person who’d agree with it. I think Harry’s scared memories coupled with the effects of the Mask would’ve let him come to those ideas by himself.

But apart from that I really enjoyed the chapter.

He’s going after Umbridge? Oh, I’m really looking forward to that.
TimeLordParadox chapter 8 . 12/7/2010
Just got up to chapter 8 now and… I’m sorry I’m just a little disappointed.

As a Harry Potter story so far it’s great, an interesting read and well keeping with Harry Potter, especially the mention in this chapter that magic carpets are illegal, a nice little nod back to a throwaway line in one of the previous books. I look forward to finding out what happens next between Ginny and Harry/Mark and what Mark himself does next.

However the main fault I have with this story is as a Mask story this chapter just makes this side of the crossover fall flat on its face. I'm sorry but I don’t think you fully understand what the Mask does to its wearer, okay it grants its wearer the power of Loki himself but the wearer of the Mask is also not supposed to have so much control over his actions, it’s supposed to let ones deeper emotions and desires run wild and unchecked. If Harry wore the Mask it would make his lust and desires for Ginny far out way any sense of decency he has towards her.

Taking Ginny on a magic carpet ride over the world I agree would be something Harry would want to do, but the Mask rarely does what the wearer wants of it or at least not in the way the wearer intends.

So far as a Harry Potter story it’s great, but it’s just losing marks as a Mask story.

As for Mark travelling to different place so quickly, I have no problem with that at all. In fact it is in keeping with the sort of strange powers the Mask provides.

I’m interested to know though, why did you name Harry’s Mask, Mark Tiller?

Also I just want to apologies if my last review of the story, up to chapter 3, came across as a little arrogant, that was not my intention.

I look forward to reading the rest when I can.
TimeLordParadox chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
A Harry Potter crossover with the Mask? Not two things I would usually see going together but so far, I like it.

I’ve only got up to chapter 4 so far and I’m enjoying the story but there is just one thing I have to criticize, Harry’s ‘Mask’ (aka Mark) has far too many traits in common with the Stanley ‘Mask’ I know it’s probably too late to change anything but I just think you should’ve done something to distance Mark more from Stanley’s Mask.

Apart from that, great story so far.
akan chapter 25 . 9/1/2010
ça a été fabriqué par un dieu, on ne peut pas s'en débarasser en le jetant, il va revenir peut etre dans de mauvaises mains.
bub23453 chapter 25 . 3/14/2010
what a fantastic end to a fantastic story! I LOVED the whole thing. Wish there were more MASK crossovers around...
wizmage chapter 25 . 3/6/2010
This was very different. I can't wait to see anything else you might write.
jupimako chapter 25 . 10/23/2009
:) :) Great Fic! Thanks 3
GaiusEmidius chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
OH MY GOD IT WAS A ZELDA REFERENCE! f# king awesome. I'm guessing your taiking about OOT? That's it i'm gonna talk about this fic to my zelda friends!
Ciroth chapter 25 . 3/2/2009
Great fic. Funny as hell. Thanks.
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »