Reviews for Dark One, Light One
Lefty the Right-Handed Shark chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Misty, I did not you were such a literary genius! Seriously, this fic rocks. I've read through the reviews, so I'm sure you've heard the compliments that other people have given before, and I'll try and keep them to a minimal.

You see, there is something that I find wrong with this, and while it doesn't ruin the fic, it seems slightly forced on. Yes, I'm talking about the Malink aspect. This story didn't need to have romance in it. It tells of the colliding of two worlds, something much bigger than the romance. And if events place it in the Water temple, it seems a little early for Link to be in love with Malon. It's only the third temple, and it is possible for it to be the second, I believe.

There are numerous other ways for them to start thinking about colours. The yellow/grey hair. The green/grey tunic. Generally anything with colour in it.

I know you're a believer in Malink, and so am I, but there has to be a line drawn, sometimes.

Apart from that criticism, this is really good.

Crazymark.
Nanimonaimono chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
Holy Din... this story rocked! I came across your posts in a discussion about the Fierce Deity, and later in one about Dark Link, which eventually tookme to this fic.

Know what? Instant fav.

The way you portrayed the opposite worlds was just perfect, and the writting superb. Heck, even I felt the furstration of the Links when they tried to kill each other, but were too synchronized. Heh, so Link did end being the link between the two worlds.

Keep up your good works
Hammermaster chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
this is a test.
C. Bracken chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Interesting ideas. Unfortunate that it doesn't mesh with what actually happened in the game. If Dark Link was just like Light Link, then he wouldn't have been able to fall through the water and reappear somewhere else, for example. And their thoughts and actions were never locked in synchronization, since Dark Link was waiting for you at the tree, not running towards you, when you first saw him. In fact, the two could never have fought had they been perfectly synchronized in action, since the only place they could have met in the room was the exact center, which was taken up by the tree-if you have a square room with a tree in the exact center, and two men starting from the midpoint of opposite sides of the square who move in perfect snychronization, if one circles right around the tree, the other will circle right around the tree as well. If one circles left, so does the other. The tree is permanently exactly halfway in-between them. The only way for them to meet is to climb the tree and meet at the top.

Ignoring that though, their dilemma is interesting to read, though it does feel a little preachy here and there ("Our colors are different," both Link's said. "Our flesh feels different. Our clothes are different. But our hearts are the same," particularly stands out). I'd really like to see more of them talking to each other about their worlds before you get to the point where they use it to break the synchronization. I'd also suggest cutting back on how many times the narrator says that they are identical-we get it, and having to read that line over and over gets a bit tedious, as does reading what one Link does and then read it again as the other Link does the exact same thing. We already understand that if one Link does it, so does the other, I think it's unneccessary to keep saying it.

Anyway, the ideas you bring up in this piece are very interesting, and with a little clean-up, this could easily become a great piece of Zelda theory. I'd love to read a revision.
okcoca chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
U R a disgrase to cristiianity n I hop u die and burn in hell!
Intertwined-Destiny17 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Wow... it would've been so cool if that had happened in the game... that neither one of them had to die... great job Hamsieman! :D
Tiki-Torch chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Wow, that was truly amazing. I must say that your story was incredibly thought-provoking, philosophical, "deep", and just plain amazing. This is almost unparalleled by 'professional' writings. Your story was almost spiritual, it was truly unbelievable. I can only sit here in awe and say "Wow." This story provides exactly what one could wish for in a great story. This is one awesome way to combat racism, though I doubt that was your purpose. This was truly sensational. If you edit this and fix the few typos there are, this story will be nothing short of perfect. Amazing.
TheHylian chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Good god, this was amazing! However, I did spot a couple of typos. 1, 'nevertheless' is ONE word. 2, you misspelled 'sweet' and instead typed 'sweat'. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Overall, this one-shot was superb. 'Twas a tad confusing with the many oxymorons, but I honestly love this writing style that you put into this. It's so... different, it's fantastic. Anyhow, I'll go look at your other fics... You see, I first noticed a different Zelda one (I forget which...), and then, since you had such an odd name, I checked your bio. Anyway, this is gonig on the faves list!

TheHylian
The-world-needs-peace chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
And how true that is. I completely agree with you, on the theory of light and dark represented in this fic. I have always believed that the conception of either light or dark being evil was ridculus. It is all about a matter of perception, and I was wondering about what would happen if they left the chamber, because now they are not connected. Each perception and idea is interpreted by what we are taught, light and darkness is no different. I have always held this idea and belief, but never had a chance to really show it. Thank you for creating this, maybe it will change the way people look at our own world.
Chaotic Century chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
I was deeply impressed with this fic. Not only was your concept well-thought out and refreshingly original, but your beautiful, almost lyrical prose created a sense of timelessness that only the oldest and most enduring fairy tales possess.

Phenomenal job; this is one of the best stories I've ever read here.
Selah Ex Animo chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Amazing! What an amazing story!

This is the best rendition of Dark Link I have seen yet. It was profound. The comparison and contrasts between the Light Link and the Dark Link were enchanting, as was the act of giving them identical quests - they both sought the salvation of their mother land, and to come to this junction... Wow. This is rare! I love it! And I must commend you upon the onset - I was drawn, instantly, into the story. The ending was marvelous too; I especially loved the final two sentences. And your writing style is excellent; I was reminded, on the occasion, of Ayn Rand, because your descriptions were so beautiful, and the profundity of your import just amazing! Great job!

- Selah
Kaori chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this! This was pretty unique! I love your concept of the degree of their, er, identicalness. XD Overall, great job! It really makes you think, haha
Tint chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Wow. That's deep. All I can say is great job. It must have taken you a long time to figure out exactly what to say to make everything work out. The entire light vs. dark thing has been done so many times before, but never so well. Cudos!
Redleef chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
Hey! That's good! Oppostoe worlds! Interesting!
Snowsilver chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
This was an incredible take on Light Link/Dark Link, very philosophical. I commend you!