Reviews for The Devil's Purity
sionnachsSkulk chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
*cries forever* o(﹏)o

But no, seriously, you break my heart with your writing. Loved loved loved loved it.
Bloodgalore chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
So sad. This is just so sad. I love the way you wrote this. So powerful and how you wrote Zabuza as the devil and Haku as the angel. And how you made him understand. So sad...
missgohan chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
beautiful, really amazing. The relationship between those two made such an impact on naruto. The show seems to drifted as of late and i'm not sure if it will capture such powerful emotions as were evoked at that time. I especially enjoyed these: "they were twin blades swathing through opposition in a path of crimson ambition." "And epiphany as a bolt of lightning struck the devil to his core.

He had cared.

He had loved.

He had cherished.

Not power…but the angel himself.?"

Once again, excellent work!
Just-a-Puppet chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Truly an amazing view of what is one of the best teams in Naruto. I simply couldn't bring myself to hate them during the anime once Haku's personality began to shine forth. Zabuza was so stern and seemingly cold, yet Haku got away with outright rebellion more than once. The fact that he did signaled to me a very deep relationship that the anime only scratched the surface of. You captured this so completely well in such few words. Very powerful words at that. :) Wonderful story. I would have loved to have seen this pair survive and become something more, but the tragedy that is their story is somehow fitting as well. Even Naruto learned something and was changed by them.
animefreak chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
this was great! Haku and Zabuza are also some of my favorite characters. the way this was written was excellent. i too hope that they are together.
Caorann fridh Bronach chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
Hey...first thing in awhile that didn't start with a capital word. An entire capital word, I mean.

First line is a grand attention getter. Then again, your things usually do start well. And because of the title, this first line leaves one wondering about the difference in this so-called demon. Something must be special-and I can guess because of what we talked about-to make this devil have something pure.

What a list for the devil! It certainly makes your first sentence seem even truer. In fact, the entire description that makes him out to be entirely evil. You give him no excuses, no justification. He's not a victim. He's just a killer. And because of that, I have a feeling the moral and ending of this story will be even more potent.

This was a line I really loved for its description: "But never could they reach him, never could they corrode the steel in his eyes." Then again, this entire section with its little repetitions and alliterations and other poetic devises really stood out in the mind because of how it all flowed so well. Aye, Tadgh, nice job.

Here's something I noticed-you don't want to use "spilt." It's a past perfect or something, and it only is used with the verb forms of "had." Had spilt. Otherwise, the regular past tense is "spilled." Only the British (and a bunch of other countries, fine) do things like "leant" and "spilt."

Huh...I am seeing imagery, a great image of warm, red blood melting the pure snow, and I am seeing connections to characters through this. No doubt, that was intentional, and I like how well that metaphor. Or imagery. Whatever it falls under. Too late to be thinking after I already wasted my mind today. Anyway, the assassin would be the snow and the purity to the devil would have to be the blood. And blood has connections like the sayings of being kin...and that would represent their bond more deeply. I hope I'm not seeing things here like I was with cummings.

And odd that the "devil" is normally a red color. Not this time! He's white like the snow. And that's usually purity...maybe you wanted me to see the snow and blood the other way around, but I like the way I described it already. And seeing them being the opposite of the normal portrayals makes it all the more poignant. I like that word.

Dang...I don't get all the allusions. But I did like the line how they had the same eyes nonetheless. And the eyes, as I recall, were steel-strong. Determined.

More connections to blood and being cursed. Quite the good title, I'd say; very appropriate. I love it when the symbolism is all entwined within. Always makes me shocked and astounded at how well it works. And yours has worked, my friend.

All right, it makes me sad to read this line: "The angel became ruthless, but only for the devil. Always for the devil." For love of the other, he would do evil acts. I don't know which I respect more-doing acts contrary to one's nature for another or saying no to those acts.

Oh, meant to say this for awhile. Your story reminds me of a myth. It has a folkish kind of tone with the simple sentences and repetitive lines. And I like those kinds of stories, so don't take that the wrong way.

Highly astounding: "Yin and yang, light and dark, rage and compassion, taint and purity, the devil and the angel moved as one, struck as one, killed as one, lived as one. Inseparable as a man to his own shadow, they were twin blades swathing through opposition in a path of crimson ambition." Nice job, there. The last bit, especially, stood out to me as a vibrant image.

Great irony there with the angel dying for the devil. But how could it be any other way?

Yes, very touching with the devil breaking down and crying. And more inclusion of the snow and how it all adds up...breathtaking. The depths of the soul words can barely describe, but somehow, you managed. Truly, you got into what makes emotion in this tale. And as it was inspired by emotion...well, it shouldn't have surprised me. But I was even more amazed than I thought I would be.

I thought it would end worse, too, with Zabuzo not changing from Haku-I thought you said something to that effect. But it was not so here. And I'm glad. I wouldn't've been able to do much of anything if you had gone the other way. It would have caused the Restlessness.

Very nice last line about how the pain was ended. Truly, it is the embodiment of everyone's final hope, I think.

Remarkable story. I very much enjoyed it.
Crystalazer chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
I just love the Wave Arc.

This, I must say, is a very well-written piece of work. The wording is just pitch-perfect. I love it. Zabuza and Haku are among my favorite characters too; so it's heart-warming to read such nice fan-fiction.

I'll be keeping an eye on your future works. _