Reviews for Helping
sirensbane chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
And it's only when he's not killing that he's truly helping. Beautiful.
DarkFilo chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
oh i think it's cute the end. a good fic. Arigatou.
bmystee chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
I truly don't know exactly what to say to this... But don't get me wrong! I really enjoyed this fic!

...Um... I like how this entire fic was based on that one thought from Kenshin. I think it really emphasized how much he was doubting himself and he was NOT lusting after blood.

I also liked how you added a random original character into this story, the boy, and how Kenshin would use any excuse to prove that he wasn't doing an evil thing.

I'm ranting now...

Anyway, LOVED the fic!

RedNumbers chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
I enjoyed this one. It's a nice insight into the Battousai. I do believe that Battousai isn't like everyone believes him to be, and you get to really see into Battousai's mind. Good job!
allanimehere chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
I love your Battousai XD

Thanks for the story :)
Different Child chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
That was kind of confusing, but good.
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
Nice ficlet! I love to read things that delve into Kenshin's psyche, both during and after the Bakumatsu. I think you could have developed this a little more at the end when the boy appears in the scene, but other than that it was very good.

Just as a side note, in my personal opinion Kenshin never did become numb to the killing. At least not totally. He never killed an innocent (as evidenced by his saving Tomoe's life even after she'd seen him kill) and I'm certain he was haunted by nightmares of all the killing he did do, even if he never showed any of his turmoil on the outside. Conspirator has a great fic you ought to read if you haven't already called "Descent into Madness" that depicts Kenshin when he first becomes hitokiri. She did a wonderful job of showing Kenshin just as I always pictured him.
Author-chan chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
Very nice! I love introspective pieces of Kenshin from back in the Bakumatsu.
kao5600 chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
nice storey i like
sueb262 chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
I loved the phrase "one swift movement of silver, crimson, and liquid moonlight"-wonderful!

However, I think that it wouldn't be until much later than Kenshin began to have any doubts about his role. I see him, especially at the beginning, as fired up about his "crusade". In the OAV (if you've seen that), a point is made about how calm he feels at his first killing, how little it upsets him.

But at some point, what you've described here probably does happen to him-I'm just not sure when that would be.