Reviews for Sowing the SeeDs
denglongfist chapter 21 . 5/20/2011
I probably have read this story about 5 times. And I always recommend it to people.

I think that there was something magical inspiring you and your team for this wonderful story.
sollune chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
i read this fic ages ago but didn't review even though i love it. i somehow found it again and so here i am.

nicely worded and formatted and quite a nice storyline.
ds chapter 21 . 11/29/2005
I've read this ages ago and loved it but didn't make review. Write more!
The Wallflower chapter 21 . 6/16/2005
This is my second time reading this story and, without a doubt, one of the finest FF8 fanfics out there, if not -the- finest. You do exactly what a fanfic is supposed to do - take an existing universe and expand on it, fill in the blanks, explain things in realistic terms, explain what the existing universe didn't or couldn't explain. You were able to come up with creative, rational explanations for things such as magic and guardian forces that make sense in both the real world and the context of the game. You were also able to create and add to to the universe in ways that made sense, such as the Centra Ruins tribe. And even though it focuses on a minor character, you were able to insert elements and cameos, never extraneous, that make it enjoyable for all readers, as well as keep it grounded to the universe it is set in. Basically, it has everything a FF8 fan could want. But most of all, it was fun to read, something extremely hard to do in anything. I'm still working on it myself.

One drawback I found was there are certain points, especially in the first half of the story, where the plot is a little thin. It seems more like we're following Quistis and Xu's daily lives without any sense of conflict or rising and falling action to heighten dramatic tension. What I mean by that is, there are times its too focused on the characters than on moving the story along. Also, for this site, you may want to consider reformatting the story into something easier on the eyes. This may bring in more readers. These are minor points though, and in no way diminish the whole good of the story. I hope you never stop writing.
aku-neko chapter 21 . 4/17/2005
I began reading this story yesterday afternoon at 2pm until 4am this morning. After a quick four hour sleep, i continued to read until 4pm. All of this readying was interrupted to to having to eat and the like (what do you think i am, a rabid fanfic fan?)

I'm sorely disappointed that you've only had 71 reviews since the story began; however, i must lay claim to those statistics as well because though after each chapter, i have been left with this really big urge to leave a chapter, i couldn't stop reading.

the plot has got to be one of the most original and extensive FF8 stories i've ever read. I loved the personalities that you created for the original characters as well as the new ones.

The concept for the manner in which magic and GFs are stored was just novel. You know, i'd always wondered a bit as to why the characters in the game had clothes that contained pockets and belts; now i see why ;)

The dialouge and description of the actual battles was just amazing. I'd always pictured the battles as you described them -but of course, not to the extent as you. I'm still in awe.

this story was simply amazng. However, there are somethings that i was confused about. Its a trivial matter, i'm sure, but i was wondering why Quistis felt no form of reaction to when Squall and Seifer joined the cadet ranks at Balamb. I mean, wasn't this before she acquired Ifrit, and could four years really cause that much change in her and/or them(the boys) for that matter?

well, anywhos...

your story rocked my socks. Uberkudos!

o
Drakulya chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I honestly can't believe this story doesn't have hundreds of reviews. This first chapter - no, first paragraph got me hooked, and I love how you wrote Sean. I need more! The chapter lengths are long, but for an interesting story like this, adequate.

*Goes off to read chapter 2*
Narishma chapter 21 . 6/25/2004
only 72 reviews? I can't believe it! Just wanted to stop by and see if you had any new stories uploaded. I followed STS on from its beginning, and am just starting to read it through for the second time! I really love this fic, and find it amazing that you don't have more reviews than you do.

I really hope that you decide to write again someday, I would really enjoy reading more of your work.

GREAT STORY!
MadHattess chapter 21 . 4/28/2004
This really is an amazing fic. It's so thoughtful and imaginative. The original characters mix in so well with the pre-established FF8 characters sometimes I forgot that some of them weren't actually in the game. Thank you for taking the time to create (and finish!) this project. I'll definitely be on the lookout for any future works you may produce.
PolisPolice chapter 21 . 4/12/2004
Well... I E-mailed you. No response. I'll take that to mean 1: You forgot all about this fic and are just leaving it (yes I know it's done but...). 2: Your dead... Or 3: Your wrighting a sequel right now! And when I check tomorow (like I do every day) you will have posted it! ...thats not it is it?... well you should wright a sequel... This realy is the best story ever...
PS: Why did you stop wrighting in your bloger?
PolisPolice chapter 21 . 1/12/2004
This may be the single greatest fanfic ever made. EVER! This fic almost moved me to tears!
Draic chapter 21 . 11/13/2003
I'm not sure what I can say… I suppose the story had to finish at some point, I just didn't expect it here. It doesn't really feel like an ending, any more than any other chapter felt like an ending. But perhaps that's because they aren't, really. Life goes on; it doesn't just stop at some point and say 'THE END'. There are many more things you could do with this fic. But it is probably better not to explain everything - leave some things up to the reader's imagination. That's not to stop you writing any continuations of the story, though - by all means, go ahead! :)

I very much liked your development of Quistis, especially through these last chapters as you drop the hints about Quistis' failed Instructorship and the reasons for such, and the barb of Xu having to erase her memories. Sierra has been fun to watch and grow with, and I loved the dramatic ending of her time at Garden, and her friendship with Zell. I like the way you introduced Edea to the story, her beliefs and motivations, and some explanation and history of the sorceresses, and then fade her out, only to return as the incarnation of evil! I am also glad you worked Anya back into the story, and agreed with her new incarnation, but I liked her too much, and couldn't help gasping when she died. Speaking of incarnations, I'm glad Enju made his own reappearance. His momentary coupling with Sierra was fun! His arm was a shock (although I'm glad he is alive)… and I was pleasantly surprised at the revelation of Master Talasu. I just wonder how Enju manages to keep himself away from Quistis during the timeframe of the game. What else… ah, Wedge was a good idea. It is great to see some dimension to otherwise comic characters. Um, I eventually began to like/identify with Martine in the last few chapters - finally understanding his reasoning. I'm sure there is plenty more things I could talk about, but unfortunately I made the mistake of not reviewing for 7 chapters or so, and so a lot of what I might have said I've forgotten. This story is a masterpiece, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Wishing you Motivation, Inspiration, and Luck!

- Draic
Shigan chapter 21 . 10/20/2003
Once in a while, you come across a story. It may not take you to any deep philosophical truths, neither give you the actiondrive of your life, nor make you eyes dripple of emotional tears. But nonethenless, it is good, it makes your day and it touches your heart by the sheer power of the story, thus the author behind it.

I started reading Sowing the SeeDs 2002, to be honest, I didn't think much of it at start. There was no huge looming plot and action like in other fics I had read before, neither was there any signs of further developements in relationships among the ff8 cast nor did it focus on one of my favorite characters.

But I read on, and bless whatever notion that made me do that.

Now here is my conclusion. There are stories that blast you away in a swirlpool of plotintrigues and wellridden emotions, you read them, you think they're good and you forgot them. There are stories however, that starts slower but sneaks into a corner of your heart, where it nests, grows and blooms. Those stories dont only need good ideas and a firm grip on english as a language, it takes power, will and not to mention *joy* from the author to form. Such a story is Sowing the SeeDs, an amazing tale told in writer's joy, by an equally amazing person.

The little corner this story captured in my heart grew, until now, after reading the last chapter, it has taken hold and refuses to let go. I thank you for giving us such a story Greenbeans, because this is, with very little doubt, the best ff8 epic I have, and will ever read. You are truly a writer of one kind, one who leaves an impression and will never be forgotten.

- Shigan
Xan chapter 21 . 9/26/2003
One word: Wow.

I just spent a week reading this through, and I gotta say, this story has gotta be the BEST I've read, FF8 or otherwise. I think I've gotta be a bit deranged to be reading a fanfic as long as LOTR (or so it seems :p) during an exam week, but this is so much more interesting than my textbooks. I'll never be a Quistis, lol.

The characters are just as I imagined them, and you've got the added intrigue of the Anshin clan. I didn't particularly like Xu much from the game but now she's one of my favourite characters (ok, I admit, I thought she was a competent SeeD, but also a stuck-up bitch). Quistis is extremely well-written, too. I like how you have her growing from a scared kid into a confident SeeD and then to the Instructor we know from the game. The original characters like Kei and all the others are great too. The best thing is that they each seem to have their flaws, so none of them are perfect, which makes it even funner to read. ;)

The only problem I have is that a couple of chapters don't display properly on my computer, meaning they end midway without even the 'submit review button there, which makes it a pain in the arse to follow the story sometimes. Thankfully it's not that difficult to figure out what's happening, even if it is frustrating not to know how it happened. I don't know if it's a problem with FF.n or my browser, but it's still irritating.

Someday, I'd love to see you write a sequel to this, or something else along these lines. You're brilliant. :D
Skyrocket chapter 4 . 8/29/2003
This series is excellent beyond words. Youve got the characters down, interesting ideas about the culture of the FF8 world and history.

My only complaint is the way you gave new characters names from our world that, IMO, just wouldnt exist in the FF8 world.
Draic chapter 14 . 5/18/2003
I obviously chose the wrong time to review – this would have been the obvious place. Enju… Can’t say I liked him, but with who he was and what he had done, he was doing the best he could to make himself a better person, which is more than I can say for myself a lot of the time. And in the end, he sacrificed his ‘life’ for Quistis, proving that, in the end, he is better than so many people – myself included. Amazing and kind of ironic that someone you’ve made up could have such an effect on me – which, I guess, is the point I was trying to make with my last review. I quite enjoyed Quistis’ dreaming and the images and ideals of the Anshin people, but obviously, Enju had the greatest effect in this chapter.

Wishing you all Luck, Motivation and Inspiration