Reviews for More Than My Friend
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 7 . 9/6/2017
Just finished "More Than My Friend" and I must say it's incredibly well written and engaging. Terrance abusing Mac like that is sadly plausible but Frankie becoming a protective big sister is also a huge possibility. I'll read and review the sequel soon
Idk Anymore chapter 1 . 9/5/2017
Okay, I'm just going to say this.
This
Is
The
Best
Story
EVER! Like seriously! Even I don't have that much talent as you! You need to work for Cartoon Network. Like, if only all your fanfictions became Foster's episodes! :D
Stardust's Revenge chapter 3 . 7/31/2017
Augh! Poor Mac...I realize this is a bit of a rough topic, but I wanted to point out that your writing still flows beautifully. A few problems, though-
I don't think Frankie would be that sharp-tongued. Remember, she works around children and fairly young imaginary friends...so even in her thoughts, she might censor herself after years of working. (Aaaa! That FUDGE-BROWNIE Herriman!) I also don't think Terrance would do this. Don't get me wrong, I know this is rather the point of the story being in the Angst category, but...he's more likely to beat up Mac if he got bored, rather than deliberately setting a time and place, every single day. He's also pretty dumb, so...you should keep that in mind if you want to edit or write a sequel to the story. Pandafish!
Stardust's Revenge chapter 1 . 7/31/2017
Wow, this is excellent writing! I love how in-character everyone is, along with Bloo's crazy shenanigans...I'm intrigued to see where this goes next! :)
MadnessSoldier chapter 3 . 1/8/2017
Is it illegal to murder three a-holes and dump their bodies in a nearby sewer after seting them on fire say T.H.C U IN HELL? Besides love the story so far.
MasterMeister999 chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
Crap.

It seems that my review went over the character limit.

I didn't even know it had one.

What I am trying to say is that I used to enjoy "Foster's" before it turned into a mean-spirited mess. Mac deals with too much crap and it's barely touched upon in both the show and this fandom. I was also trying to say that absolutely despise the arguments that Mac is just a kid and that bullies like Terrence are "misunderstood."

If anyone wants to carry on the conversation, please feel free to PM me.
MasterMeister999 chapter 6 . 3/15/2016
Can I have a say in something, please?

I really hate to turn this into a rant, but...

I have read this fanfic from beginning to end, along with "Wishing Only Wounds the Heart," and "Helpless," and I feel I need to desperately say something important. I wish that I could be kinder in expressing this, but I am at my emotional limit.

First, I want to tell about a morbid dream I had. Feel free to call me crazy because there are some details in this dream that are somewhat suggestive, not sexually of course. The dream I had was a long time ago, but I swear I will never forget it.

A long time ago, you see, I had one of the strangest dreams. I had a dream in which I found myself competing in some sort of race to reach something before everyone else. Well, I was ahead of everyone else until I was then stopped by a gate. For some reason, there was this feeling of excitement and anticipation rising up within me as I was unlocking the gate.

The gate opened up to reveal a path leading into a cave and I ran inside before the pack could catch up to me. I traveled deeper into the cave before I found the finish line in the form of a door marked with graffiti. Inside rested, get ready, a corpse of all things with a knife placed beside it. I had to stab the corpse with that knife in order to win the race and I did so without a second thought. I know things could not have ended in a more morbid way, but here is where it gets really sad.

Following the victory stab were no cheers for my congratulations, but hot tears pouring out uncontrollably… which were mine. I cried in my sleep that night for the oddest of reasons. The other racers were there to offer their comfort, but what those tears meant confounded me.

I talked to my mother about it a few days later while waiting for a psychiatrist’s appointment. I don’t think that I have ever cried since middle school where I had to put with a lot bullying for how I expressed myself with my Asperger’s Syndrome. I wanted to try and ask for the psychiatrist’s opinion on what the dream meant, but we were already in the middle of different discussion and the opportunity never came up. The appointment was quick and we did not talk for very long because it was just a simple checkup.

It was then that I suddenly realized what the dream meant. Before I explain, I want to let you know that there is this cool website where you can find what your dreams mean called Dream Moods. The site keeps a list of what appears in your dream and they can be interpreted as. Well, when I got home I learned that my dream was an interpretation of me racing toward a new life. The race represented my mood, the corpse represented an old dead part of me that needed to be buried, and the knife was interpreted as my anger and other negative emotions going into that corpse.

The tears that I cried out that night were both tears of pain over what I to go through in my old life, which was represented by the corpse, and tears of relief that I could now move on to a better life. Looking back, I am now very thankful to have had that fateful dream because that very dream is what has inspired me. You will not believe what this has to do in correlation to a certain cartoon character of Craig McCracken’s, but I will explain.

While on the way home from the psychiatrist’s appointment I told my mother about “Foster’s Home for imaginary Friends” and I have a few things to say about this one show of Mr. McCracken’s in particular and how it has impacted how I view him as a cartoonist. I am writing this letter rather quickly to get to the main point as I have been long to let this beast I have caged up out. To drive the point home even further, I place my feelings on a higher position than his. I would like to state something before I begin, however. You see, it has always been my philosophy, even though I have no personal hands on experience in making cartoons, that it is always the characters who tell the story and that there is a time and place for what he includes into his stories.

The truth is that I very much prefer Mac’s relationship with Frankie to be more intriguing than his with Bloo. I apologize, but over the course of the show’s overextended run, Bloo and many others became increasingly insufferable in character. Next on my chopping block is Terrence for being a horrible bully of an older brother to Mac who, like Bloo, barely earned any permanent karmic justice for his actions. I then have Mr. Harriman for being rather overly darkly written for the show’s supposed theme with his mostly stone-like and robotic nature. I lastly have Mac’s mother, who seemed to serve little to no defined purpose as either a mother or character in general by mainly acting as nothing but a plot-beckoning obstacle.

Not to sound like certain individuals who are royally screwed up in the head, but I fell in love with Mac because I felt that he was more mature than most children his age while still being a cute little guy. His interactions with Frankie have led me to feel that she would make a nearly ideal sisterly or motherly figure even better than his own mother. I also felt that the 8-year-old was treated considerably cruelly throughout the series for having to endure his mother’s constant absence, older brother’s daily torment, and his own creation’s disloyalty and unlikable behavior. All of these characters were never given the proper natural development and thus became roadblocks in Mac’s better relationship with Frankie, the only one realistic and productive child-to-adult relationship and a break that was long, long overdue.

I have no personal hands-on experience in making cartoons, but is has always been my philosophy that I obtained from watching select programs that it is primarily the characters who tell the story. When “Foster’s” discarded the themes of friendship and imagination and replaced it with comedic sadism similar to the animated sitcoms from FOX, the characters failed as how they were originally designed and that philosophy was disrespected. “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends” was no longer the same as what it had been pitched as for kids and became just another cash-in for adults to get their kick out of whatever they thought was humorous.

I hate to be a downer but I use to enjoy Foster's, but looking back I realized that I greatly overrated it. For a show that was supposed to focus on the importance of friendship and the imagination, there were so many moments of spitefulness and missed opportunities. I could make a list of what episodes left a serious case of acid in my stomach and what characters I felt were not likable at all. Cartoons are not supposed to do that, they're supposed to make you laugh and cheer over how funny the characters are.

Why am I so angry?

The reason is because I relate to one character far too much.

The dream I had correlates to Mac.

I love Mac too much.

Mac is probably one of my favorite characters that you made because I found him incredibly relatable, not just because he is cute and bright. He and I both and a broad vocabulary, intelligence, and imagination and have a hard time making friends and being in certain social situations because of it. I wonder if he has Asperger’s Syndrome just like me.

The reason I grew to love Mac more than any other cartoon character is because I hate how Mr. McCracken had treated him. I despise how Mac was mistreated and how angry he became as the show went on and I despise his family situation. He had so many opportunities with this show explore deeper themes other and imagination, friendship, and growing up such as bullying, abandonment, and loneliness. Why is Mac so alone, why is his father gone, why does his mother act so careless, and why is his brother such a bully? I ask these questions strongly because I hold Mac in a very special place and if I were in his shoes, I would either put myself up for adoption, or kill myself at worst.

I am going absolutely insane as I type this.

I am serious when I say that you have no idea how much I relate to Mac.

Listen, I want everyone to look up the following fanfics. These will help give you a better idea of why I sympathize with Mac’s plight so much.

“Imaginary Relations” by DeathtoInsomnia

“One Winter’s Night” by xxskyWriterxx

“Unfair Rule” by Paradoxal Reality

In that very dream, I felt that I was suddenly in Mac’s shoes. I felt that my life was going nowhere with a careless mother and a hateful older brother. Both of those were represented by the corpse that symbolized my older life and I was severing that old life. I wish that Frankie would adopt Mac as his little brother is what I am trying to bluntly say.

I watched “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends” because Mac is probably the most relatable character to me in that he has a hard time connecting with people and is and I felt sorry for him. I also watched it to get a look at the creative designs it had to offer. I did not watch it because of all the crud Mac had to go through with his own creation’s betrayal like in “I Only Have Surprise for You,” his older brother’s cruelty like in “Duchess of Wails,” and the whole house’s sudden moments of idiocy like in “Go Goo Go” and “Foster’s Goes to Europe.” I also did not enjoy “Good Wilt Hunting” because I feel there is a such thing as too much depth and “Destination Imagination” for being out of place again for being far too dark and dramatic than it needed to be and ultimately about a young adult around my age who failed to live up to her responsibilities.

Seriously, I hope that you will pardon my language, but Mac has every single goddamn right to run away. Frankie no longer has that luxury because she is an adult and I could the say the same for Mac’s mother, come to think of it. There is a lot that I want to say on this subject of Mac's family situation. I feel that I have kept to myself for far too long and if keep myself quiet any longer then nothing will change. I feel that have to call
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 18 . 5/2/2015
Beautiful:)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2015
Not again!
TechnoFusion chapter 18 . 1/7/2015
I wasn't expecting much.

I was just clicking around on random Fanfic Rec pages on TV Tropes and ended up in the Foster's section, where this story managed to pop into my glance.

There are plenty of good fanfics, even a fair amount of great fanfics, but there are very few fanfics I would call masterpieces.

This is one of those fics.

The blend of drama, action, and feel-good here works so well, and Frankie has some truly badass moments here. Immediately after finishing this I got a big smile on my face, which means a lot as I've actually had a pretty crummy day.

You've got a lot of one-shots tied to this fanfic, but rather then be discouraged by the number, I'm barely resisting not reading them all at once. I love this so much.

10/10, would read again.
Jay Sketchin chapter 18 . 11/23/2014
That was so cute! It's funny, I'm kinda want to hear more about that story Wilt talked about with the laundry chute XD
feeling nostalgia chapter 17 . 10/6/2014
The only thing I don't like is that when Mr Herriman says he can't tell them where is Mac, I think Bloo (and maybe Ed) would try something, even if they didn't achieve nothing, even if it's crazy. Yes I know Franky is the main protagonist and Mac's the one who's in a bad situation, but I still think that Bloo would've been more himself if he tried SOMETHING. And yes, Ed and Coco are not in the story at all, but I don't complain about that because they're not my favourite characters hehe.

But other than that, I repeat: This story is perfect. It's the best Foster's fanfiction I've read. Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic imagination with me and the other readers. I sure will read all your other fanfics RIGHT NOW!

feeling nostalgia chapter 14 . 10/6/2014
NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAHA WHYYY gotta go fast and SAVE HIM!
feeling nostalgia chapter 13 . 10/6/2014
You deserve a medal, dude. More than that...
feeling nostalgia chapter 8 . 10/5/2014
WOW THAT WAS UNEXPECTED! omg! at least Mac is okay...