Reviews for Not By Blood Alone
Eldaranel chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
Hi! Your story was very good, I really enjoyed it. As I kept reading, though, I couldn't help feeling sorry for poor Elrond, who will end up being left by Celebr├Čan as well :-( They are such a cute couple, totally made for each other! It was also nice to see Galadriel as a "normal " mother, excited about her daughter's wedding, and not like an unapproachable semigoddess, only interested in power, as she is usually portrayed. I'd love if you wrote more about Elrond and Celebrian, or the Imladris household in general, and please forgive any mistakes in my English, it's not my mother tongue!

Ciao :-)
jerricho chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
wow, just great. wish you wrote more about Elrond.
Glory Bee chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
This was just lovely! Sweet moments, funny moments, tender, poignant and precious ones. I knew exactly who should give Elrond away and found it delightful that King Thranduil was sent as messenger boy. :)
Lindale chapter 3 . 4/24/2008
In the first chapter, even among all the humor you included sombriety and Elronds' desire to have a father who was there. The seriousness was the right level for the story. Very well done.

I especially like the section about the song (I loved the way you included Valandil. The songs were extrealmly funny. I would have thought his kin would have been high and noble, rather than sing songs of that calibre!

Very nice how you paid homage to what Tolkien described as a marriage. Not alot of writers do that.

Thranduil sounds a colourful character! For he is not Evil!Thranduil this time. Indeed I do have to ask what you meant by cousin, for Tolkien had many people listed as cousins in general, even if they were second cousins.

Lindale
Dreams and Wishes chapter 3 . 7/4/2007
Wonderful story. :) Finally, a Thranduil that isn't a boring, overbearing, grief-stricken father. Yay!

Poor Elrond, though... the whole time I was reading it, I had a hard time not thinking about how eventually Celebrian is going to leave him too.
geek-chick chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Hi! Very interesting story - I love the ending, of how Cirdan ended up being the one to stand in for Elrond's father, and how that came about! I also thought Anarion's songs were rather humorous... I tend to picture him and the others in the line of Elendil as being very high and noble, not the kind of people to sing such crass songs! :)

It was also interesting to see your interpretation on an Elvish wedding. Tolkien described for us the actual ceremony, but I do wonder how much planning the Elves would have done for the ceremony and how similar it would be to a modern wedding in our world. Would Elves had spent months planning clothing, decorating the area, rehearsing the ceremony, making favors for the guests, etc.? I don't know, but I do enjoy reading different author's interpretations on the matter. I think you did a good job of incorporating some modern wedding planning elements while still maintaining that Elvish feel, with the many references to the details that Tolkien did describe.

By the way, yes, I did fight with the Wedding Machine myself over two years ago - fortunately my parents and in-laws were all wonderful and none of us let the Machine make us too crazy ;)
Lady L chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Brilliant as usual! I'm really looking forward to the rest of this! :)