Reviews for Introspection
That70schick09 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Wow very nice! Excellently written and extremely in character :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I like this! Good idea
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Him being completely aware of his dissolving mental stability is a fascinating idea. He even calls himself a sociopath in the first line.

This flows really well, too. Good stuff.
Dilly Danny chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
That was really a great fanfiction, I just love the way we penetrate Crane's inner thoughts (and I can picture him really well sitting in front of his computer, the idea of a word document was both really original and perfectly adapted to the situation). We can see how clever and how close to breaking he really is.. And that's just great!

Congrats and keep on writting!
yayme2012 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
This is freaking awesome and a nice change from some other fics I've read recently. I love the last two lines, btw. I'll go check out your other stuff. :)
theCarny chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Holy hell ;A; That was amazing.

It didn't read like a fanfiction. It read like that I'd somehow broken the fabric of reality and into an office I shouldn't have been, downloading files not meant for my eyes. Meaning I felt like the character himself had written this.

You seem to know what you're talking about in the way of the psychological stuff, and you remain in-character the entire while. And make me love Crane even more . Great, great job.
Svadilfari chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Oh, this is so terribly sad and depressing really. To read how Crane is cognisant of his breakdown...terrible!

This fic really fleshes out the saying 'a thin line between madness and genius' *sniff*

Makes loads of sense too, in regards to his metamorphosis into the Scarecrow.

Very nice touch at the end with the whole doc saving bit. Drives home the issue.
anothercontusion chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
hey, im not much good at writing reviews, but i wanted you to know that i like this a whole lot and definitely encourage you to update!
The Nth Degree chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
It is almost poetic in its beauty, the nature of fear. The more complex the fear, the more beautiful the poem . . .

Now THAT is poetic. Very, VERY Well written! :)
Skyler McAndrews chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Wow. I thought it was very... intelligent. I am a psych minor and I find myself analyzing thoughts, actions, etc. all the time. I think that it was well written, well done.
sophia polexia chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
hello,

just wanted to tell you that i really enjoyed reading this. it's very simple and amusing, but also very intrieging, as the character of Dr. Crane undoubtably is. thank you for writing it.

sophia
Blodeuedd chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Major brownie points for super originality! I am tickled pink by the idea of Jonathan plunking himself down in front of computer for an hour or so (much as we Crane-crazy authoresses do) and pouring his soul out to a keyboard. You waste no time on pointless explanations or characterization...it all comes naturally and effortlessly and in that intimate, diary-like manner which I crave to instill in my writing. The last two lines are pure magic. They are cold and mechanical, yet carry so much charged emotion inside of them. AMAZING WORK.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Appropriately concise and eloquent - you've really captured Crane's voice here. It really strikes me as something you'd find lying around on his hard drive (though he'd probably take precautions against that, of course...). Great job.
James Tristan chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
A very interesting and original concept. I like the idea of Jonathan watching the disintergration of his own mental stabilty and conciously knowing what is happening to him. That he actually made the choice to create Scarecrow is both saddening and rather haunting. You'd have to be pretty disturbed to do that, but it's very beliveable in this fic by the way you've described his bouts of depression and the need for suprressants. In a way, the good thing about Batman Begins Jonathan Crane is that so little backstory was given regarding the creation of Scarecrow and the reasons for Crane's obvious mental instability. This allows for many agnles in fanficion regarding these issues. Although your approach is different to others I've read, it's believeable, realistic within the bounds of actual psychology, and quite depressing to read. But not in a bad way. The way you write from his POV is just...so Jonathan. I can imagine his voice in my head as I'm reading.

The /File saved notes at the end were an excellent touch, by the way.

So all in all, after my ramblings, this was an awesome fic that is certainly going into my favorites. Are you going to use this as a springboard for a series? I hope so very much, so I'll put this on story alert, just in case.

Well done! (Excuse spelling errors)
Katherine chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
wow i really liked that. it was really good writing. very well thought out. and the bottom bit is pretty cute