Reviews for Rough Edges
RJMoonspell4 chapter 8 . 9/12/2006
Good fic.

I've just read it all, and i can't wait for a update.

I like the twist on this, although i'm just wondering whose hand was on summer.

RJ
JediClaire chapter 8 . 8/26/2006
Can you please update this!
JediClaire chapter 6 . 8/22/2006
Brillant!
ijustmight chapter 8 . 4/7/2006
really good story...ur a great writer!

Who came up to summer?

POST SOON!
KC-Chick chapter 8 . 3/29/2006
Very good chapter. I'm glad you updated, I was starting to worry about this story.

I really liked everything about this. It was seemingly light...yet had a very dark underlying do it. I don't know if you meant to write it that way, but that's just what came across. I thought the Marissa part was good, and the thing that Julie said about the hair, I could imagine her saying that on the show so great job on characterization and stuff. But you've always been great at characterization.

I really thought Summer was in character as well. Being paranoid about "is that him?" and such. Hmm...who put a hand on her shoulder? I wonder...

And I really like how Kirsten is warming up to Ryan. Their relationship was always so delicate in the beginning, at least, until they formed the bond they have now.

And this part was funny: “Hey there’s my wife, would you mind staying a little longer that other lady scares me...in fact, she reminds me of Julie Cooper,” Sandy leaned in and kissed her nose and took her hand.

Kirsten slapped his chest, “Don’t ever compare me to,”

“Julie,” Sandy croaked."

Ha, I loved it! That was great!

Well, keep writing, because you're amazing at it. And update soon!

KC-Chick~

_
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 8 . 3/28/2006
Cool, North Carolina School of the Arts, eh? So, are you going there? I'm really glad you got accepted to something your happy about :) It's good to hear that you love writing and wont completely disappear :) Thanks so much for updating! I got all excited...

Its cute of Ryan to think that because of the way Marissa is and looks, that she has a boyfriend. I'm glad he's going to the fashionshow, (for Seth's sake), but I'm sure he wont mind seeing Marissa one bit.

Its also cute that Marissa seems to have an effect by Ryan. It seems that she's kinda anxious to see him there, if he shows, which he will. I really liked how you portrayed Julie, yep, she seems to be annoying.

It sucks that Summer feels that so many people are suspects to her...but its so reasonable.

Great chapter! LOVED it all, and I can't wait for the next :D
mrsmckenzie chapter 3 . 12/3/2005
its really good. its making me realy sad! lol. but i guess thats why its under the tradgedy section! lol.

anyways its amazing and i thinkur an awesome writer and you should deifnately try to publish some of ur writing but i dont really undertsand what happened to summer. did she stab herself or did she just like start bleeding? other than that i think its absolutly amazing and i wish i coiuld write half as good as you

its great and i hope you keep writing
The O.C.-oholic chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
Uh, sorry I haven't reviewed for ages, though, I do like this story. And yes I will leave a long review :)

First up, I thought Summer calls Marissa 'Coop'? Does she not anymore (I'm not in the US so I haven't watched S3 yet :/)? Or did you just forget? Or is it a part of your story that you changed? I noticed this in chapter 6.

And, well I do like the story tons, but I noticed a little change. You know, in the first 5 chapters you published, it was all dark, dark writing. But then from the 6th chapter, it became less dark and the writing style changed slightly (actually it's really only a bit and I don't think anyone would've noticed this), so...maybe you should stick to one style of writing...I dunno. Just saying, if you haven't realized.

Your writing's really subtle and it's good so far! Keep up the good work and update soon!
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
HEY! Finally :) another update. My brother is a senior, too by the way... Anywho... yes, short chapter but at least you updated. I'm really glad you did. I'm a bit shocked to know that Kirsten feels that way towards Ryan. I guess she's very protective and such. I'm just a little shocked. A great way you wrote it out, though. I'm still glad to know that Ryan and Seth and still mingling and stuff. Sorry if it wasn't a long review :/ but I can't wait for the fashion show :)
slimkay chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
Good chapter!

Although short!
KC-Chick chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
I am glad that you're feeling better from your surgery! (I don't think I spelled that right...) But anyway, I am happy that you are up and able to write again, even if it is the slightest bit of writing, and that's what counts. _.

I adored this chapter! It was amazing. Short, sweet, simple, and so descriptive! Kirsten's feelings are dead on about Ryan. How she felt about him before he became a Cohen, and all that jazz. And she is the mother of the family so her acting is dead on and I think that's how Kirsten would have acted if the show had explored it more so fabulous job. And the relationship between Sandy/Kirsten is dead on too. I thought it was adorable how Sandy knew she was scared to go check on him. Such great chemistry between them in those few lines. I loved it. You're great at capturing that between them.

The Summer bit made me smile. Not necessarily the situation because it's such a depressing one, but, the way you wrote it was amazing. I think it's truly how Summer felt.

"Had she always been shallow? Was everything she had said and done egotistical and vain? Did everyone think of her as “daddy’s little girl” who got everything she wanted just by batting her eyelashes?"

I loved that part. It was my favorite. Mainly because I find it very true. Before Seth, I truly believe that Summer felt something along these lines. Like she was hiding, like she was shallow, just like you described and even though she was Ms. Popularity, that she wondered if people thought she was so egotistical, as you described as well. And if they saw it all as an act, etc. (I hope ya get what I mean in this.) And I loved this part also:

"If only she knew the name, the face, the love behind the stranger that whispered those words of promise in her ear every night before she slept.

“You will get better Summer, I promise you that.”

It's so sweet! I love it, and I really hope that they have some interaction soon! It's great.

And the song...dead on as well! I think I may have to get the Coldplay album now. It's amazing. Wonderful job and the song just fit, I loved it all, as usual.

Good luck with your SATs and try not to stress yourself out too much but trust me I get what you mean about being busy. I barely have time to update anymore as well so I give you major props for finding the time at all. Loved the chapter, love this entire fic and I hope that my review motivated you to write the rest of this because I'd hate it if you stopped writing. I think this is my favorite fic at the moment so please, don't stop writing, it would make me extremely sad to see such a wonderful, amazing fic end without the ending it deserved and I know that you are beyond capable of writing it. Update soon. I'll be awaiting it.

KC-Chick~

_
dodgeviper chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
I am glad to hear that ur surgery went well. i know how hard senior year is. i went through it. but you'll pull through. I really like this story. Post whenever u can no matter how much u write. I will take any length. Anyways enough of my jabbering. hope u get well soon.
Kenshin001 chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
Keep going please.
ryanNmarissa4eva chapter 7 . 10/19/2005
dat waz a good chapter but it waz way too short..lol. i realli lyk all ur stories and including this one. im glad 2 hear u noe excatly where dis is going so please try and update asap coz itz hard 2 keep waiting 4 a update with sucha a good story..]...bye!

love stace
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 6 . 10/12/2005
Oh yeah, I agree. Your writing has improved. And I like it.

Hm. what I liked? That you included Dare You To Move from Switchfoot. I recommend you to get the new album Nothing Is Sound. Its AMAZING. Trust me :) Anywho...I'm glad to know that Marissa is still thinking about Ryan and has told Summer. And I'm glad that Seth and Ryan are getting along well. Thanks So Much for the RM moments... those that have been written and will be written.