Reviews for When We Were Gods
anon chapter 1 . 1/16
why would you write something like this *cries*
Mayuzu chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
This is really touching T.T Even though I always hate Rukawa in the manga/anime since I love Sakuragi too much, but the Rukawa here seems pitiful. Thanx for sharing _
Visual Kei-S chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Sigh.

Fuck everything, this fic is plain nostalgic. & not to mention sad. Thank you for this. :( I love what you write. I also read this years ago but I just posted a review now for the sole purpose of the weather here reminded me of this. Ah,excellent. ;_;

x

LOVE LOTS.
link55-06 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Your first SD fic and it is this good? You're very good. You keep them in character and the story flow smothly. It's very depressing. I shouldn't read it because now I got depressed :(
blufox chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I read this a long time ago, but I reread it since, ya know. It's SenRu day. Anyway, I love the angst. Perfect, really.
cool shiz chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
I'm. Argh. I have no idea what to say. This is just amazing. I want to go cry now.
melinda chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
sad.. D: but well written. That's exactly how Rukawa's like, but... being unable to play basketball must have been terrible for him.
o Aya-chan o chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
This is so sad.. But I really like it.. You kept Rukawa really well in character as well as Sendoh, but I like how you made them seem more mature too.
Hibaku chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
I was so stricken by the last line.

This story was beautifully written with a lot of humanity trickling within. Rukawa's stubborness, Sendoh's whole-hearted notions to want to comfort... I love friendship fics.

(Not a supporter of yaoi.)

This was one of the best fics I've ever read. So melancholic, so close to reality, so touching. Well done.

Well done.
Fanfikeiro de Konoha chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
Amazing. It was really touching, and sad, and...well, I think you understood already.

One of the best SD fics Ive ever read.
chucks chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
OMG. poor rukawa! why does he have to be... aww. my heart goes to him but then you're good! i luv this! shucks, those words of yours- you do have a wide range of vocab! i admire you for that! _
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
First of all. THANK YOU for letting me read a friendship fic and no yaoi!

Second of all, is I'm utterly speechless. I can still feel the raw pang in my chest on reading this. Nice execution, straightforward yet still heart-wrenching.

I look forward to more. _
jam chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
i luv this. this is absolutely awesome, you are so great for a first-timer! i feel sad for ru though but gosh...i just luv the last words he said, yea- the "we were gods." line...shucks... that is so wonderful. i dont know how to exactly describe it but its just that, the emotions are all in those words. _ sugoi!
Aki Midori chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Oh my holy...

I couldn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now. Bittersweet joy, gratitude, pride.

Most of all, proud.

Let me elaborate.

This is the most beautiful fic I've ever seen in a long time. I was lurking for a few months, stopping by only to look for good senru fics to add to Meltwater's Archives, and I'd have to say they're really good.

But yours. Man, I couldn't even begin to describe it. You have the talent, man. You wrote this story beautifully. Grammar and syntax (oh joy) are fine. The story's wonderful. But the thing I loved the most is the perfect way you wove the atmosphere, the emotions, the plot, and the characters to form a tapestry of a remarkable story.

The story stole me away, brought me to that moment, to that place where cheers fill the air and thumps reverbrate against the floor. You brought me to that moment where amidst the clamor of joy, pain, sorrow and nostalgia blooms. You stole me away.

In the end, all that's left is a sharp prickle in my heart and a tear in my eye.

And I have to commend you, because that hasn't happened in a damn long time.

I thank you, Laily, for writing and sharing this wonderful story.

I thank you, for the spark of SenRu love you contributed to my bowl of flame.

I am proud of you. I am proud that we have in our midst, a writer as sensitive and as wonderful as you. I hope to read more SenRu fics from you in the future. You make us AkiKaenians proud.

I would very much be honored if you'd allow me to include this in the great archives of Meltwater. Please think about it, and tell me when you've made your decision.
blufox chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
sheesh. i can't even sign-in for kami's sake. anyway. my God! this fic is absofuckinly good. i mean especially from a first timer. you rock. and yeah..

they were gods- and for me, will forever be gods. :D