Reviews for Dance
MaryZG chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Whenever I read this story, I promise myself I won't do it ever again. Needless to say, promises are there to be broken.

This little piece always makes me so sad. I believe this is one of those stories that are ultimately about time. There's that one moment in time, a perfect one, holding a promise of the future, and then time goes by, as it always does, things happen willy-nilly, and then all of a sudden, the moment is confined in the past, unredeemable, lost. I often wonder if joy happens despite of that or because of it. I can't decide. But I know that beauty is entirely its doing.

And the beauty of this little piece of writing always brings me back to reading it, even though I know how it will make me feel.

This is perhaps the story that touched me the most in all my experience of reading B/A fanfiction. And I still can't explain why (what I wrote above isn't an explanation, it's just something the story made me realize). I'm afraid if I started explaining I'd end up writing something much longer than the story itself.

Anywho, great writing here. As is usual with your stuff. Thanks for that - for all you gifted us with. Had to say it somewhere. Best it be here, next to this sad, beautiful little text that keeps pulling me back. Amazing.
notevenifyoukillme chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I really enjoyed this. The first sentence really drew me in, and the rest didn't disappoint. Excellent job.
your tinsel tinkerbell chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
I loved this!
Azure Cascade chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
I really love your stuff. We're having an argument over on the forums about whether Buffy and Angel were or could ever have been a healthy couple, and i think you write the answer beautifully. The disconnect between Angel's and Buffy's initial perceptions of the painting, the way she slowly sees what he sees, the inseperable tangling of angst and sheer, unadulterated joy in love between them, it's all perfect. And well-said:

"She remembered, sadly, a time when her name was a sacrament, but she wasn’t surprised that she was no longer the cornerstone of his religion."

God, that's gorgeous. I love it.
Serrafina chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Your writing style is very beautiful. Very poetic.
Nicole Anell chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Okay, I'm not stalking you or anything, just needed to comment on this one too. ;) Love it. I'm a sucker for Buffy-Angel fic (or any 'ship, actually) that's more complicated than just "then they lived happily ever after." This was nicely bittersweet and restrained and in-character. And then the ending melted me.
crystalix chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
I LOVE it! It's beautifully written, and even though they don't have the typical b/a "future meet up" kind of elements (in that they're both seeing other people and such), I think that's part of what makes it so appealing. It's simplistic and just, great! Like it'd be something you just know would stay with the characters forever, that even though time had passed and they may not be as close or as happy as they once may have been, they can still spare those few moments of joy. VERY well done! Amazing job!
a2zmom chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
I had no idea anon. reviews were dsabled, so thanks for telling me (I have no idea what I'm doing. snerk)
Lettered chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
God, I love this fic. Every time I read it, that ending does a number on me. It whooshes me. You explain nothing and say everything all at the same time. See, it's moments like this one that make me think perfect happiness could be possible for him again.

ack. It makes me so happy and sad at the same time.

Strange that I happened to see this, seeing as how I rarely come on ff.n any more. There a reason you're not accepting anonymous reviews?
Buff chapter 1 . 8/30/2005